Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Its not worth it?

Hey everyone its been a while since I posted but I just went to WDW and went to the big 4 parks over there (MK, AK, Epcot, MGM) and what can I say....

We'll first off I live in CA about an 1 and a half from Disneyland so yes I've been there ALLOT but I love ever visit. Not this time after flying to Florida I got a day of rest then went to Epcot.

Epcot was the lest crowded of the 4 parks besides Test Track and Mission Space I really didn't see that many lines for rides. So the first ride I went on was Test Track and it was fun but hell its no real roller coaster. Then I got a fast pass for mission space and then went on Nemo. Nemo was ok...to say the most. Then on to Mission Space which felt real but there was really no trill level so it was ok too. Then I went on all these other rides Soring (which line is just as big as the line at DCA) and some other rides, besides Soring there were no REAL stand out rides. On to the countries where I say all the movies and went on the rides and say the America show (my favorite show of the Park) But for the money it cost to get my 5 day pass the park was really not worth the money Hell DCA is more fun than that park.

Next I went to MGM and IT WAS CROWDED so I got to go on Rock it Roller Coaster which was fun to say the lest but I was not going to wait another 30-40 mins (thats using fastpass) to go on it again. I wanted to go on TOT since I knew it was better than the one at DCA BUT the fast pass was broken so guess what I never got to go on it (hell if Im waiting an hour for a ride I can go on in DCA) I saw the Indy show which was Very good, I also enjoyed the Beauty and the Beast and little Mermaid shows. Star Tours was just like the one in DL (not saying thats a bad thing) The Tour was a waste of time nothing compared to a Universal Tour. The Car Stunt show WAS GREAT. But once again for the price no the park is no worth it and not even as good as DCA (I'll tell you why I keep saying this at the End, there is a reason for this)

Next I Went to MK (I went to MGM until 4 PM then moved to MK) I got to ride like 4 things. I went on Splash Mountain which is just as fun as the one at DL. Next Big Thunder which was fun but the line is always too big the one at DL lets you get on with a Fast pass in less than 20 mins, while twice while I was on my trip I had to wait over 30 mins (with fast pass) on Big Thunder. Space Mountain has it right it took me like 10 mins to get on the ride and it was fun and VERY different from the one at DL but I liked that. The Jungle Cruise was fun and I liked the temple I wish they add that to the one at DL. Mickey's Philharmagic was GREAT and had no wait (I did that show 4 times on my trip) The Hall of Presidents was good too (I know people think its boring but I went on it twice, guess I just like History)

So then on Wednesday I went back to MK and did almost everything and it was fun but I was pissed off when I had a fast pass for Splash Mountain and the line was ALL the way back to the Splash mountain store (yes it was the fast pass lane) So I had to skip that (even through I already went on it)

Next to AK which was the HOTTEST of the parks and very crowded, over all I was disappointed. Dinosaurs the ride was fun and with no line it made it even better. The Safari ride sucked, I'm sorry but it did for one its WAY too short and 2 you don't even see that many animals. In San Diego there a Wild Animal Park NOW thats a real ride that lets you see the animals. The shows at AK were good but nothing that great. The water ride's fast pass ran out and the line was too long to go on it. Lastly the Everest was fun but I just wanted more thrill I guess but I went on it twice (since I had nothing else to do) But DCA is a better park than this one once again.

On Friday I went to MK again and went on the rest of the rides I couldn't go on before.

So let me firstly say if you leave close to Disneyland GO TO IT, don't go to MK. Why??? MK is nothing to DL, Disneyland has MORE rides (Indy, Subs, Matterhorn, Roger Rabbit, Star Tours, Alice in Wonderland and Pinocchio) Which makes a big difference. Plus Disneyland lines and Fastpass lines are shorter, Not to mention the fact that Pirates is much better at DL than MK, plus DL now has a the new Pirates Lair so yeah everything MK has so does DL but DL has MORE!

Lastly back to the whole DCA is better than the 3 other parks why is this such a big deal??? I have since the parks opening said DCA was a horrible park and nothing to DL but guess what AK, MGM and Epcot are in the same boat but even lower. All 3 parks have less rides than DCA and just as many shows (except DCA has no night time show <yet>) So overall I would never redo that trip and I'll just go to DL and DCA if I want to go on some rides and not wait in "that" many lines. Now I don't get how people can say WDW is better than the Disney Resort just because its smaller, its not the size its how you use it.

• For You!

Re: Its not worth it?

Sorry, you didn't enjoy yourself! I loved the Animal Kingdom - it was probably my most favorite park there! We saw a ton of animals on our safari ride.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Senior Minion

I suspect that Florida residents have the same sort of gripes about Disneyland when the roles are reversed. A lot of it is about what you are used to.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I'm so not touching this one.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• May the F=ma be with you

Last edited by NeverNeverland; 07-30-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Hotlinked picture Removed. Hotlinking is not allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    its not the size its how you use it.
    This is the only part of the initial post that I tend to agree with!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit to the World. I am planning a trip back in December, and I am looking forward to spending time in each park again.

I love both destinations. They are a major expense for me. I always plan a lot. I have never had a disappointing trip.

I think that it has to do with attitude. I go, expecting to have a great time, and I always do.
    My Next Disneyland Vacation - ​May 29, 2014 - June 5, 2014

My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    I suspect that Florida residents have the same sort of gripes about Disneyland when the roles are reversed. A lot of it is about what you are used to.
    I was just in California, and Disneyland was SO much more crowded than I'm used to here in Florida! (very true!) Not DCA so much, that was fairly empty - but the main park.

I actually do prefer the MK there in CA to ours. And even though it felt packed, I had a great time. I didn't see everything - but I do plan to go back in the next year. Just not during summer (but if all I had was summer, I would do it).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I pretty much agree with your assessment, JerrodDragon, duckling. Having visited both parks quite a bit, we have always preferred the West Coast offerings over the East Coast parks. That doesn't mean that we still don't enjoy Walt Disney World. But it's obvious to us--after all these years of park hopping--that California is where most of the action is. Plus it's more compact and easier to get around there. In Florida you can end up spending most of your time just traveling from one park to another, losing lots of time and energy.

ORWEN: And when you compare Disneyland's Fantasyland to Florida's Fantasyland, well, there just ISN'T any comparison. The only thing I like better in Florida is the Snow White attraction. Otherwise, I miss Storybookland, Alice in wonderland, Pinocchio, Roger Rabbit and Mr. Toad.

ORGOCH: An' after seein' Mickey's Filler-tragic fer the umpteenth time, it don't seem so good no more. Too short fer me. Plus it's just another dang movie they went 'n made ta save 'emselves some dough.

ORWEN: I wanna' go back to Disneyland again--where the REAL magic is!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Hmmm, interesting. I'm sensing you are a thrill ride fan.

WDW is different. Overall I too prefer DLR, however I do think Epcot and DAK are awesome. I enjoy the dining experiences at WDW as well as Illumintations at Epcot (worth the price of admission on it's own).

Unique attractions such as the American Adventure, Carousel of Progress, Spaceship Earth, the Great Movie Ride, Expedition Everest, the Safari and many many more make it worth visiting. But overall I do have a better time at DL.

I am waiting for the flamage.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

As for MK vs DL - no contest. DL wins every time for me.

Deluxe Hotels - Grand Californian Wins

Fine Dining - Napa Rose wins

DTD - DL version wins

But the water parks, Disney Quest, Explorer's club, choices of hotels and restaurants, monorails as real transport (and ferries). There is so much on offer.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

• Boston born and raised

Sox fan soon to move to Yankee territory... grrreat

For someone who claims to have gone to DL on numerous accounts... I'm surprised you still managed to call it SoarinG... and not it's actual name... Soarin'

Last time I looked, all Disney parks are THEME parks, not amusement parks. Therefore, you won't find too many thrills at ANY of the disney parks... not just WDW.

I found your review laughable... good luck at Disneyland... but please call it Soarin'... even the park newbies get that one right
    Conference at the Grand Floridian
    March 11 to 15, 2008
    another added bonus to having a math nerd as a boy friend
    Birthday at the Beach Club
    September 6 to 13, 2008
    drinking around the world to celebrate

• Golden State of Mind

Well . . . where do i start? I am not attacking you at all here but i think that your report was a little harsh, and in my mind as a WDW fan over DL any day thought the report sucked(Not you) DCA does not even deserve to be in the same sentence as MGM or Animal Kingdom. As for Epcot well i agree with that, i would rather stick some needles in my eyes than go to Epcot. Still i will stick up for Disney World roots. It seemed like you had a great time at MGM and yet you were still very critical of it? How about waiting in line for a change? Who goes to any Disney resort and not expect to have to wait in line? MGM in my mind blows DCA out of the water! Next time wait for ToT! The Animal Kingdom is a growing park just like DCA and frankly is much better. I ve head many reactions to the safari ride but none of them have been that it was to short?! It's famous for getting you up close and personal with the animals greatly done. The entire park was done with amazing detail, seems pretty silly if you didnt noticed that, Expedition Everest is easily the best overall experience Disney has ever created. Theres no feeling like walking down the middle of main street at closing with the castle lit up and main street looking so unbelievable. I hope you go back and maybe have a different outlook on it.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by dolewhip View Post
    For someone who claims to have gone to DL on numerous accounts... I'm surprised you still managed to call it SoarinG... and not it's actual name... Soarin'
    Look again - it was worse! 'Soring'!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

We'll I enjoyed my self some what but like the post is called "Its not worth it" for the money its not if you live close to DL since there's nothing over in WDW that so impressive that you have to see if your a Disney fan.

Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast