• Digging to Earth's center

First Trip to WDW?

I was thinking about making my first-ever trip to WDW next summer, and I know it's going to be extremely crowded, but I can't go any other time. So, anyway, I was wondering a few things:

1) Should I do parkhopper tickets?

2) What hotel should I stay in? (and should I stay in more than one?)

3) What are some great restaurants?

4) Which rides are better than others?

I'm thinking of staying for about two weeks. So how much can I get done in two weeks?

Re: First Trip to WDW?

Awesome, my family and i are going on our first trip (maybe) this christmas. I just found out tonight, and im pretty excited. i really hope we get to go, we live soo far away so its hard to to WDW from where we live. Yep were wondering the same things.
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------
    ...Not like anyone on here really gives a care about me anyway...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by FinalAdventure View Post
    I was thinking about making my first-ever trip to WDW next summer, and I know it's going to be extremely crowded, but I can't go any other time. So, anyway, I was wondering a few things:

I'm thinking of staying for about two weeks. So how much can I get done in two weeks?

Wow,

First off, congrats on you trip

Now, you have asked some very general and far reaching questions.

1) IMHO yes, get a park hopper. Others will say no, some will say yes. I like to be able to switch parks. Others like to camp out on one all day.

2) I like staying on property. Now that I am DVC thats not a choice For me, a moderate on property is what I like to start at. I like PO:R. I don't like to CB, its too spread out. If you want to go through the hassle of switching resorts, then by all means try two different ones.

3) I like, in no particular order, Brown Derby, Chefe de France, Artists Pointe, Le Celliar. In reality most of the stuff in World Showcase is good.

4) 2 weeks is a very nice trip. Thats plenty of time to see a lot. You can even have time to take a break from the parks and do other stuff (golf, mini golf, water parks, DTD, Disney quest (if you get there before it closes) etc.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

^ DisneyQuest is closing???

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

A 2 week vacation at the World would be heaven to me. You could take in the parks at a less hectic pace. If you wanted to visit them every day, you might want to look into an Annual Pass.

If you are planning on staying on property, you might want to "split your stay". You could even "split it 3 ways". That would keep your cost down , if say, you started at Pop Century, and moved to POFQ, and then finished up at the Contemporary.

I always like to make the Magic Kingdom my last stop.

You have asked a lot of questions, and you willmost likely get many answers.

My best answer to you would be to read as much as you can about Disney World. It isn't just about the parks. The resorts are great to stay at, and just relax. There are so many great restaurants. You can spend a day at a waterpark, and the better part of a day enjoying Downtown Disney.

So do your homework, and plan a lot. A good plan is definitely needed to get the most out of a trip to WDW. I envy you at 2 week stay there.
    My Next WDW Vacation is Aug 18, 2014 - Aug 23, 2014
    Pop Century Resort

• Minion

1) YES. I would get parkhoppers. I didn't last year and really regretted it.

2) and 3) Here's a site that should help answer those questions and/or narrow down some choices.

http://allearsnet.com/

Allearsnet has pics of the resorts, menus for all of the restaurants, reviews etc. etc. It's a really, really great site! I use that site A LOT, plus Micechat and a few others to help with planning.

4) I'm going to list some of my fave rides, shows and other attractions here. In no particular order...
    Animal Kingdom
    Expedition Everest
    Kilimanjaro Safari

Epcot
    Mission: Space (use Green Team if you have a weak tummy)
    Spaceship Earth
    Illuminations: Reflections of Earth
    Nemo ride at Living Seas
    Living with the Land
    Soarin' (also at DCA in California)

I'm sure there are others you won't want to miss. That list is just a list of my faves.

Two whole weeks is quite a bit of time and, like others have said, should allow you to see quite a bit! Have fun!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

1. Yes

2. That depends on your budget and if you want to stay on property.

3. Not much help there since I usually just do the counter service places.

4. That's all down to personal preference. That being said though, avoid Stitch's Great IQ Lowerer, Monster's Inc Snooze Fest and Honey, I Put the Audience into a Boredom-Induced Coma at all costs!

• Golden State of Mind

WDW vet right hurrr

I suggest going for the hopper no doubt.

Hotel(s) depends on the cash money you want to spend, My favorites Coronado Springs, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside, and the Poly. Normally i'd say one hotel, but since you are going for two weeks hey you may want to try two. (Stay away from the Animal Kingdom Lodge)

Magic Kingdom
    Pirates of the Caribbean
    Jungle Cruise
    Splash Mountain
    Thunder
    Haunted Mansion
    Philar Magic
    Space Mountain

Epcot
    Soarin'
    Test Track
    Mission Space
    The countries

MGM
    Tower of Terror
    Rock n Roller Coaster
    Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show
    Backlot Tour
    Star Tours
    Indy

Animal Kingdom
    Expedition Everest
    Kilimanjaro Safari
    Kali River Rapids
    Dinosaur
    It's Tough to Be a Bug!

Favorite Places to Eat: House of Blues, California Grill, The Polynesian Luau, Yachtsmen's Steakhouse, Wolf's Puck, and the Coral Reef.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• For You!

Get the parkhoppers and get the extras if you can! Definitely plan to spend a day at a waterpark - it was the best thing we did to beat the heat.

Also, we spent one morning at Disney Quest - again, great way to still do disney and not be hot!

We were just there in June and I about died (I'm a mountain girl, cool, dry air - not used to heat and humidity). We just drank lots of water and wore hats - the spray bottle fans are a must as well.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Awesome advice so far! Concerning budget, well, I don't really have one yet (I'm trying to save up to as much as it takes), so I could pretty much do anything there. So you don't have to include anything about budget worries.

Thanks nevi12, Phonedave, Barbaraann, Pacha, aimster, Master Gracie, and BFJen for the advice so far!
    I am a rabid Disney fan. Possible future Imagineer (already designing rides for it)... I've only been to Disneyland. I'm hoping to go to Disney World this summer for the first time, and TDR might be possible in 3 years.

First DL trip - 1997

First WDW trip - N/A

# of Times I've Been on Tower of Terror (DCA): 68

# of Times I've Been on Finding Nemo Subs:
    Argonaut - 1
    Sea Farer - 1

• KING OF CABMF'S

1) Should I do parkhopper tickets? Yes.

2) What hotel should I stay in? (and should I stay in more than one?) What i hear alot of people doing is staying at a value or moderate resort for half of the trip, then staying at a deluxe resort. For the money, i would say Port orleans is the best. It has Gra. Fla. Architecture and amazing theming, it was probably the most thought out resort so far that WDW has created. The Price is $140 a night during regular season.

3) What are some great restaurants? Too many to name. At the parks:
    MK: Counter service: Columbia Harbor House. Sit-in: Tony's
    EPCOT: Counter Service: Sunshine Seasons. Sit-in: San Angel Inn Restaurant.
    MGM: Counter Service: Sunset Ranch Market. Sit-In: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre.
    AK: Counter service: Restaurantosaurus. Sit-In (never eaten at a sit in restaurant there, not much of a variety of food at AK IMO)

4) Which rides are better than others? Depends on What you Mean. If you are a thrillseeker, then you will prefer Space and Splash Mt, BTM, TT, Soarin', ToT, RnR, EE, and DINOSAUR, Kali. If you want slower rides, Then i would recommend PotC, HM, WEDWay, All Fantasyland rides, SSE El Rio De Tiempo (or whatever its called now), Great Movie Ride, and rides in Dino-Land like Triceratop Spin. If you want to relax in a show, I recommend: CoP, HoP, the American Adventure, O Canada, Impressions De France, Journey into Narnia, Reflections of China and Finding Nemo: The Musical.
    All of the fireworks are amazing. Wishes is the fun and childlike firework spectacular all about wishing. IllumiNations is the more serious of the shows, but the most awe inspiring show i have seen, IMO, and Fantasmic is pretty much a show, which is pretty awesome, involving a screen made of a wall of water, but i wont spoil it for you
    The parades are also awesome I have only seen Disney Dreams Come True and SpectroMagic, both of which are pretty cool IMO.
    Also: Depending on how long you are going to be there, and Annual pass may be cheaper
    I hope you Enjoy your trip to WDW
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• and too all a good fright

1.) If your staying for two weeks, a park hopper will be well worth it and will only add a few bucks per day.

2.) The different resorts are nice, but unless you are switching between value, moderates, and deluxes I don't think the difference is big enough to outweigh the hassle of changing resorts. I like being settled. Yes the theming is different, but the the feel is the same. I do like Port Orleans Riverside. The Boat Ride to DTD feels great in the night air.
    3.) Brown Derby, LeCelliar,

Character Dining - Akershus Princesses (Food is good, a lot of princessy type / female characters in a short amount of time).
    Cindarella's Royal Table - Food is just ok, but the experience is more about being inside the castle.
    Crystal Palace Breakfat Buffet - Great Breakfast - Great Charcters (Pooh)
    Mama Melrose - Easy to overlook, but very tasty.
    Mickeys Backyard BBQ - If you have little kids, this gets them some great time with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Chip & Dale. Beware, this is the most insane WDW charchter dinner I have ever been too. Think little kids way hopped up on all you can drink sugar fruit punch and encouraged to country line dance. If you don't have small kids, avoid!

4) Adventurers Club at Downtown Disney
    Backstage Magic Tour
    Mickeys Philharmagic
    TTA (Its a good break on a hot day)

• Why can't you tune a fish

^ DisneyQuest is closing???

Yes,

Early 2008 it will become an ESPNZone

The whole DisneyQuest project has finally flung its final fling. Stick a fork in it.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Defying gravity

If you are going for two weeks and especially if there is anyway that you could make another trip before the year is up, an annual pass might be the way to go. My parents and I spent 12 nights in WDW, starting on June 1st. I think we actually used 10 days worth of admission. We didn't get a 10-day park hopper because we are planning on going again in late May. Therefore, we get about 20 days of admission for the cost of one AP, a much better value than two park hoppers.

FinalAdventure, who does your travel party consist of? That makes it a little easier in hotel suggestions.