Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• and too all a good fright

Hate to BUS your bubble!

There have been several posts in a few threads dissing the buses at WDW,. I realize a bus is not the most magical mode of trasportation, but I have to say that I find them highly convienient and have never had a problem.

So I'm wondering, why the bus hate?

• Disgruntled Former CM

Re: Hate to BUS your bubble!

Quote Originally Posted by flotsam_mike View Post
    There have been several posts in a few threads dissing the buses at WDW,. I realize a bus is not the most magical mode of trasportation, but I have to say that I find them highly convienient and have never had a problem.

I think when one watches the ads of Walt Disney Vacations, one sees Cruise Ships, Monorails, boats, ferries, horse drawn carriages, golf carts, vintage cars, etc - buses do not readily come to mind as the transportation choice that most will be using during their Walt Disney World stay to get to the major Theme Parks. I think that people picture themselves riding in a limo to the MGM Studios or a safari jeep to Animal Kingdom, not your typical city bus; they've romanticized the image of their vacation, and when the reality doesn't stack up to what they've seen / imagined, it is a let down... Images in the WDW advertising make it appear that one of the advantages to staying IN the WDW Resort is that the Theme Parks are all "linked" by a commone monorail system; anyone who is familiar with the Florida resort knows that this is not the case (although when Walt Disney World opened, it was almost the case...).
    Last edited by EvilQueen; 07-31-2007 at 04:18 PM.

• For You!

I was surprised to find the buses. While it beats having to take your own car - it would be nice if they extended the monorail service. The ferries were fun too - just really slow.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

I'd have to agree with EvilQueen there. I'd also like to add that I can ride the exact same buses that WDW runs in my hometown, but I sure can't ride a monorail, ferryboat, or other watercraft for transportation here.

As for convenient...it's only convenient for use because in most instances it's your ONLY option. How else can one get to and from DAK (outside of driving yourself)?

• Can't get enough!

i do appreciate that disney provides transportation because this does cut the cost of a rental car. however, all but one of the times we have gone to WDW we have rented a car. for us, this is easier with having two strollers to fold. when we get back at the end of a very long day the kids are usually asleep we have to carry them and the strollers in to the hotel if we are riding the bus. this is a lot to carry. with a car we can leave the strollers in the car. also, the lines for the buses are crazy!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Minion

I love the buses! Why? Because I'm on vacation and I get to ride a bus to one of the great parks with my friends!
    I want my cake back!

• враг народа

Blog Entries

My biggest problem with the buses is the routing. On each of my trips I see (or am in) a bus stop crowded with people as buses pull up for much less crowded stops. From what I understand this is being addressed with the installation of the GPS systems on the buses.

Well it did not help at the old welcome center it showed the monorail running around the whole park. At the time I went it had a model of Epcot back in 1981.

Another thing to think of almost everyone in the USA has a bus around their house and people want to see something different.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose View Post

Another thing to think of almost everyone in the USA has a bus around their house and people want to see something different.
    Exactly! The whole point in buying up thousands upon thousands of acres and putting the Magic Kingdom on the other side of an entire lake seems to have been lost on those who now build parks with massive parking lots right out in front of their entrances, some only accessiable by the wholly un-remarkable/non-magical bus
    Waiting for Godot Micechat.com

• KING OF CABMF'S

Well, idk if this another thread that i ws partly the cause of, but if it is, i only think that monorails are more efficient and will be cheaper in the long run.
    Im not going to argue with someone that eventually ends up making me look like the bad guy, this is my opinion. i may be wrong, but i will stick to it
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• and too all a good fright

I see the point that there are more magical ways to get from point A to point B and a full monorail would be cool too! I guess its just not something I would think to find fault with. Maybe I am one of those people who sips and shakes and does think "Hmmm...that tastes efficient."

I have seen people at the resorts seem shocked when a bus pulls up to take them to the park. It just makes me think "Didn't you plan this trip?" "Didn't you know a bus was coming, not a magic coach?"

hey ev4ever, I'll admit that this thread was partially inspired by one of your posts, but I've been seeing this sentiment in other posters as well. No argument or hard feelings intended.

• KING OF CABMF'S

hey ev4ever, I'll admit that this thread was partially inspired by one of your posts, but I've been seeing this sentiment in other posters as well. No argument or hard feelings intended.
    Bleh. its alright. im used to it
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• See you there!

The buses are great! I'm on vacation, I don't have to drive, don't have to know how to get from here to there. I just get on the bus marked for where I want to go, sit back and before I know it, I'm there... And I did not have to drive!

Just MHO, YMMV

CU@DL

Andy
    -
    What is, is... What is not, is not.

Boom!

I don't ask for much... Just a few little things!

Extra effort yields extraordinary results!

• She was sweet as a peach

We usually have our car (because we are semi-local) but I do like riding the bus. It is a Disney Bus-granted nothing different than any other city bus, but it feels extra special to me. The bus is always going someplace great (park, hotel, downtown). I like all of the advertisements. If they add music, it will be even better.

• Done and Gone

I like the buses. They serve their purpose, and save me from having to drive and spend the money on the rental.

I do have a coworker who had the misconception that WDW is interlaced perfectly with monorails and couldn't fathom the idea of buses. I think this misconception is common.

I have chosen where I stay recently to trim the number of buses I need. Staying at the Boardwalk I can walk to either MGM or Epcot. But even then, I can't wait to hop my first bus in about 4 weeks.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast