Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Question AP or regular ticket?

I've been researching for my upcoming vacation to WDW and I found out that it's cheaper to buy a premium AP than it is to buy tickets. Is this true? And how would I go about doing this? Would I buy the APs online before going there or just buy them at the park when I get there? (I reside in California).

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: AP or regular ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by Lumos View Post
    I've been researching for my upcoming vacation to WDW and I found out that it's cheaper to buy a premium AP than it is to buy tickets. Is this true? And how would I go about doing this? Would I buy the APs online before going there or just buy them at the park when I get there? (I reside in California).
    You can purchase APs at a Disney Store, on a military base, or a guest services at any WDW park or the TTC, but idk about online. After a certain number of days the AP does end up cheaper than a day ticket, so i think it would be a better idea, plus you get discounts at certain stores and restaurants too, plus other AP only events.
    But if you buy the AP outside of WDW you will get a green ticket to present at guest services, DONT LOSE IT. Thats your ticket to get your AP.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

From what I saw online, an AP would save us about $100 per AP compared to a 4 day parkhopper ticket. Plus I'm calculating the fact that it will save money on parking (we're staying off the resort) and we will get that 15% discount everywhere.

• KING OF CABMF'S

From what I saw online, an AP would save us about $100 per AP compared to a 4 day parkhopper ticket. Plus I'm calculating the fact that it will save money on parking (we're staying off the resort) and we will get that 15% discount everywhere.
    There are alot of perks to the AP, and parking almost pays for the AP
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    There are alot of perks to the AP, and parking almost pays for the AP
    I agree parking is ridiculous!! It is $10 for a car!!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by TobyKeithRules View Post
    Heh, but the AP pays for it
    I get an AP every year because WDWgirl invites me to go with her family to WDW for a week in the summer, and we get Seasonal passes in my family because we like to spend summer in our pool. Well, we always get the AP because we know that the parking pays for itself. And we went enough last year to pay off all four of our passes. ROFL.
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• This is my car, Stitch :)

Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States

Quote Originally Posted by TobyKeithRules View Post
    It's $11 at the DLR!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Experiment626 View Post
    It's $11 at the DLR!

Cheap Disney company
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

We bought AP's at tax time the beginning of this year!! It's definitely worth it!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Jambo!

I know I continually renew my AP almost for the free parking alone because I always drive to the resort and tend to stay off property (which tend to be cheaper then anything Disney has).

But yes, there are many amazing perks that come with an AP and they more than pay for themselves on a 4 or 5 day vacation.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Yes one of the few perks that the WDW AP has over the DLR version: all of them include free parking, not just the Premium version.

Also, if you buy park hopper tix in advance, you can alway think about it and decide when you get to WDW. Just upgrade to AP's before first use at any ticket window. Will call is also a good choice, that way you know they can't be lost. Then decide just before you pick them up at the window.
    --Jonathan

• Why can't you tune a fish

Check your math again. A 4 day park hopper with no expiration is about $250. (more for adults, less for kids)

An adult regular AP (not premium) is $460 (give or take a few bucks)

A 10 day ticket with hopping is still only $277 (yes, those 5 more days are only about $25, amazing huh)

A 10 day hopper with no expiration is $443

The only way an AP saves you money is if you go to the parks more than 10 days in a year, over more than one trip - there is also free parking and hotel and food discounts that may make it benefical for ONE person in your group to get an AP if you are going for say 8 days over two trips. But if you are going for only one trip, even for 10 days, chances are an AP is not an advantage.

As an aside I would be EXTREMELY suprised if WDW ever made it so that the maximum day ticket it sells was MORE than the comparable AP. (water parks not withstanding)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Purple Crates ♥

I'm thinking of getting the seasonal pass. I don't really plan on going on the blackout times anyway, but if I decide to, I can just upgrade it

AAA has it for $214.95

Blackout dates
    2007: 6/9/07-8/16/07, 12/22/07-12/31/07
    2008: 1/1/08-1/4/08, 3/15/08-3/28/08, 6/7/08-8/14/08, 12/21/08-1/3/09

I am going for a couple days this month, then again hopefully in october, then early december, then february, may, august 2008 again, All visits averaging two days, give or take, approx 12 days, at $17.91 a day. Yeah seems worth it for me

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by cyre View Post
    I'm thinking of getting the seasonal pass. I don't really plan on going on the blackout times anyway, but if I decide to, I can just upgrade it

AAA has it for $214.95

Blackout dates
    2007: 6/9/07-8/16/07, 12/22/07-12/31/07
    2008: 1/1/08-1/4/08, 3/15/08-3/28/08, 6/7/08-8/14/08, 12/21/08-1/3/09

I am going for a couple days this month, then again hopefully in october, then early december, then february, may, august 2008 again, All visits averaging two days, give or take, approx 12 days, at $17.91 a day. Yeah seems worth it for me
    Well, if you think that you are going to be at WDW very often, i would switch one pass to an AP, because parking is free and you get discounts at restaurants and stores
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Purple Crates ♥

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Well, if you think that you are going to be at WDW very often, i would switch one pass to an AP, because parking is free and you get discounts at restaurants and stores
    I'd be the only pass hehe, main reason for just getting the seasonal now, is I am just that, a single adult on a no credit card budget. I wish i could drop the entire amount on the full pass, but not at the moment

And besides, who says you have to pay to park?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast