Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ticket Price Increase

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ But again, who is buying a ticket for JUST MK? I just don't understand why we can't have a conversation about WDW, ANY conversation about WDW without people throwing in the "MK Sucks" line.

Okay, we get it already. MK sucks for you. Enough already.
    Gregg ... I didn't know there were things we could/couldn't discuss in individual threads.

You may not like someone's opinion (and you obviously disagree with TDLFAN and myself, which is your right), but conversations morph on message boards much like in real life. There's a thread on monorails that has gotten all about nuclear energy and I don't see you complaining.

I think discussing the value of a MK ticket vs a ticket at another Disney park worldwide is quote appropriate considering WDW has the highest one-day price.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Gregg ... I didn't know there were things we could/couldn't discuss in individual threads.

You may not like someone's opinion (and you obviously disagree with TDLFAN and myself, which is your right), but conversations morph on message boards much like in real life. There's a thread on monorails that has gotten all about nuclear energy and I don't see you complaining.

I think discussing the value of a MK ticket vs a ticket at another Disney park worldwide is quote appropriate considering WDW has the highest one-day price.
    What I was 'trying' to say (and I may have said it wrong) is that you quoted TDLFAN's post, saying "how many people buy a 1 day pass". Answer, not many.

But on that same note, how many people ONLY go to MK. Not many.

What I was 'trying' to say (and I may have said it wrong) is that you quoted TDLFAN's post, saying "how many people buy a 1 day pass". Answer, not many.

But on that same note, how many people ONLY go to MK. Not many.
    Agreed.

And I said that as well. It really is a very small percentage, although it wasn't 20 years ago.

I'm more interested in the semi-annual increases in my AP and what I'm getting for my money on that.

Although I should add that I was told by someone who would know (and it seems kind of obvious) that the MK sells more one-day tix by far than the other three parks do. I believe the number is almost the combination of either two or all three of them.

• Circle of Ancients

Agreed.

And I said that as well. It really is a very small percentage, although it wasn't 20 years ago.

I'm more interested in the semi-annual increases in my AP and what I'm getting for my money on that.
    They are doing the same thing at Disneyland. I remember getting the premium when DCA opened and it was $199. You can't tell me inflation has gone up that high in 6 years.

They are doing the same thing at Disneyland. I remember getting the premium when DCA opened and it was $199. You can't tell me inflation has gone up that high in 6 years.
    Ah ... me too.

But do you recall that the PAP there was originally priced at $299?

It was quickly dropped to $199 to basically as the world-famous Al Lutz would say 'give away DCA for free.'

FWIW, APs at DL will be going up again before the end of the year. And we're not that far from the day of the $399 PAP at DL!

(gotta get that $1.3 billion back somehow!)

Disneyland Paris also do the same thing they increase the prices every single year .

guess what even with TOT and Crush i still don't want to pay a full day admission ticket for The magnificent Walt Disney Studios Park .

• Banned User

Amazing how you can 'break' Mouse news while on the beach in Waikiki ... Young Bill, I wanna be like you.
    Bill's in Waikiki? HEY BILL!!! wanna hang out with me in Waikiki the last week of August when I am there??? Or better yet... from Hawaii...you are only a 7 hr flight away from TDR....
    The Dream does not sound so far away... does it?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    All types of WDW Ticket Media are planned to undergo a price increase next week. So buy your tickets now people!
    Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Well, thank goodness we just bought our annual passes at the Disney Store today then...
    No wonder it seems as if there has been an increase in ticket purchases recently... especially for trips that aren't so close in time. It was just last August, and now again. How much this time?

• Banned User

expect prices to increase every year from now on. costs are rising especially labor costs and will keep rising. the florida minimum wage is indexed for inflation and will increase each year until voters decide to repeal the amendment. also with new construction going on they have to recoup costs and have an excuse to raise prices. actaully I remember years in the 80's and 90's where ticket prices were raised twice and in one case three times in a year. and since disney is raising their prices, expect everyone else to follow.

• "There's always my way"

thanks for the bad news, corporate greed i tell you!

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    No wonder it seems as if there has been an increase in ticket purchases recently... especially for trips that aren't so close in time. It was just last August, and now again. How much this time?
    I'm also interested in how much the tickets are going to increase in price.. anyone know?

• Purple Crates ♥

I think i'm going to get myself a seasonal pass this weekend

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974
    FWIW, APs at DL will be going up again before the end of the year. And we're not that far from the day of the $399 PAP at DL!
    And worth every penny.
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

well they just negotiated a new contract with workers and the minimum wage went up around 4% i believe, so that means that other hourly workers got around 4% pay raises this past year and I don't know what inflation as a whole has been running this year but that will be the new minimum wage as of january. and since theme parks in general are labor intensive, figure at least a 4% increase.

• World Traveler

Good thing I bought my non expiring parkhoppers last month!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast