Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Another trip down I-4

Re: Ticket Price Increase

Note to self: go after work tommorow.

• May the F=ma be with you

6% price increases effective this Sunday. This makes the price $71.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...l_tab01_layout

For more Info!

Price increases of 3 percent to 6 percent were tacked onto most of Disney's "Magic Your Way" tickets and annual passes.
    -Bill

• Purple Crates ♥

Quote Originally Posted by cyre View Post
    I think i'm going to get myself a seasonal pass this weekend
    Got it last night. $214.95 via AAA. $4.05 to ship, $12 something taxes. Figure I only need to go like 5-6 times to make it worth it.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Hmmm... 71 dollars, opened in 71... cool.

In other related news, Universal Orlando, for the first time ever, raised it's ticket price to $90. A Universal Spokesperson commented, "We thought it would be appropriate because we opened in 1990, and the Disney just raised its price to 71 dollars because they opened in 1971. It only makes sense to charge based on what year you opened. Now, we realize that this is a much larger increase percentage wise then Disney, but hey, we got Potter you SOBs!!!!" lol
    Last edited by Bill; 08-03-2007 at 03:51 PM.
    -Bill

• Frequent WDW Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I hope it doesn't effect the 3 Day Play pass too much. That's the one I always get (I usually get my voucher at the Disney Store here when I get my tax refund, then turn it in for the actual pass when I take my usual May trip).
    The Florida Resident 3-Day Play Pass is returning as an option, and there will also be a new 4-day version of the six-month-expiration pass for Florida residents.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    Yeah, but only a small percentage of guests actually pay for a one-day MK ticket anymore. It's the multi-day increases (along with our likely AP increase) that are really more of the issue.
    On this point, I know for a fact that you're wrong. The number of Guests buying one-day tickets, especially at MK, vastly exceeds the number of multi-day purchases.

People come to see "Disney" and Universal and Sea World and that's just what they do -- they spend one day at each. They "plan" their vacation without so much as reading a brochure on what WDW consists of before they get here. Once they get here (and often after being redirected from whatever park they first ended up at to the Magic Kingdom, "the one with the castle" where they really wanted to be), they realize that "Disney" is a lot more than just the castle, but by then, it's too late for this vacation to change. Plus you have to factor in all the other folks just in the area to visit family or to go to a conference or what have you, and where do you think they're going to spend the one day they can spare? Of course, most of the time, it's one day at MK. Not that I see a lot of that or anything.

But anyway, Seasonal, Annual, and Premium Annual Passes are all going up, so buy those renewal certificates now -- when the time comes to renew, you can trade your certificate in to do that. Or buy a Seasonal certificate at a park ticket window or Guest Relations -- redeem it when the block-out period is over later this month (or whenever you come after that) so the pass begins then, but you still pay today's rate. (The same thing would happen if you bought the Seasonal Pass online.) And get those tickets online for your vacation now because you get the pre-increase rate plus the advance purchase discount.
    Last edited by WDWFan75; 08-03-2007 at 04:31 PM.

• Pilot EdForceOne

The single day ticket is intentionally high though... to show 'value' in the multi-day tickets. The average price/day on the common tickets (3,5,7 presumably) is what's important to watch.. not the 'shock value' on a single day ticket.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Why can't you tune a fish

Just bought the certificates for two APs for my kids. I was not planning on doing that for another week, but oh well.

I wonder if the DVC discount is going to change at all
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Frequent WDW Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    The single day ticket is intentionally high though... to show 'value' in the multi-day tickets. The average price/day on the common tickets (3,5,7 presumably) is what's important to watch.. not the 'shock value' on a single day ticket.
    Oh yeah, definitely. It's to make you think, "Next time I ought to spend more days here so I can spend less per day." But all of that's not so easy to explain to a Guest that only has that one day to spend.

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Hmmm... 71 dollars, opened in 71... cool.

In other related news, Universal Orlando, for the first time ever, raised it's ticket price to $90. A Universal Spokesperson commented, "We thought it would be appropriate because we opened in 1990, and the Disney just raised its price to 71 dollars because they opened in 1971. It only makes sense to charge based on what year you opened. Now, we realize that this is a much larger increase percentage wise then Disney, but hey, we got Potter you SOBs!!!!" lol
    You Jest radar man ... ... but just wait until Universal and Sea World announce price hikes in a few weeks.

• She was sweet as a peach

I think an $8 increase in a little over a year and a half is a bit extreme. Inflation hasn't gone up that much.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    I think an $8 increase in a little over a year and a half is a bit extreme. Inflation hasn't gone up that much.
    inflations overall hasn't but healthcare costs and labor costs have. as i stated earlier disney just inked a new contract with it's biggest union and the minimum wage was increased 4% in january and will go up again in january not to mention fuel costs for busses and energy costs since disney now has to buy excess power and fuel the few generators they have and add to that the cost of maintenance and refurbishments as well as interest costs going up on borrowed money. 6% is actually very reasonable. This isn't corporate greed it's the cost of doing business in florida in 2007 and it's only going to get worse.

• Circle of Ancients

With the minimum wage going up, I'm not at all surprised this is happening.

I would expect more things that are more essential to be going up as well.

But the polititians look good because they are helping out those on minimum wage. Of course, it's going to effect them and the rest of us when prices for everything else go up.

This is just the first example.

• Banned User

its not the federal minimum wage thats increasing its the FLORIDA it is indexed according to the inflation rate of the prior year so if inflation for 2007 is 6% the wage rate for 2008 will go up 6%. It was an amendment to the florida constitution that was voted on in 2004. It also effect pay raises for non unionised employees because when the starting wage is raised, everyone else's goes up too and thus ticket price increases as well.

• She was sweet as a peach

I see what you mean.

Minimum wage was never meant to be something you live off of. I don't agree with raising it all the time. It may give the worker more money but then the cost of everything else is raised and you are back where you started.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast