Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Post Ticket Price Increase

All types of WDW Ticket Media are planned to undergo a price increase next week. So buy your tickets now people!
    -Bill

• Banned User

Re: Ticket Price Increase

gee i thought they were going up in september.

• Yes?

Well, thank goodness we just bought our annual passes at the Disney Store today then...
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Purple Crates ♥

Saw the post over at the Disneyland board...

crap! >_< good thing i get paid friday

Do the Disney parks increase ticket prices every year, or what? Is it set periods of time, or on random years?
    You don't need me or my ham, cheese, cheese, cheese, tomato, cheese, ham and tomato sandwiches. And cheese.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

On average, now it's about once every year or two.
    -Bill

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    On average, now it's about once every year or two.
    ...As opposed to TDR's price increases every 3-4 years? ..And their last price increase was less than a year ago. BTW, it's 5,800 yen for a 1-day (non hopper) ticket to either TDL or TDS, which under current exchange rates, translates into $49 a day. How much is the 1-day non-hopper pass to any given WDW park? Keep in mind, TDL offers many more rides than the MK, more daily stage shows and parades, more special events per year at regular ticket prices, more shopping venues than the MK, more restaurants than the MK, and overall... a cleaner, better maintained park over the MK.

How long are you people willing to pay higher MK prices for less than what guests are getting in Tokyo and even DL in Anaheim???
    Seems to me it's best to buy the AP and just go as often as possible a year, since that is the only fair price to pay for the "quality" and "quantity" we are getting at each WDW park, over most of the other Disney parks on Earth.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Hmm, well, I don't have to pay. lol
    -Bill

• Banned User

Hmm, well, I don't have to pay. lol
    Oh well.. that basically invalidates your opinions on this subject... which is why you have not offered any so far... and we do not want you to have a conflict of interest now.. do we?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

How long are you people willing to pay higher MK prices for less than what guests are getting in Tokyo and even DL in Anaheim???
    Perhaps we can charter a plane to Tokyo.

(Actually, I would very much like to get there in the next year or two - I've been to DLP 3 times since 2002). I know there can be decent prices for hotels in the city.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I hope it doesn't effect the 3 Day Play pass too much. That's the one I always get (I usually get my voucher at the Disney Store here when I get my tax refund, then turn it in for the actual pass when I take my usual May trip).

• Circle of Ancients

I have to agree with TDLFAN.

It is a VERY rare occasion that we go to a park we don't have an AP for. And an even rarer occasion that we go to a park we don't have an AP for and pay full price.

In fact, the last parks I think we paid for (non-AP/Magic Your Way) was probably Hershey and Knoebels back in September of 2005. We only paid $15 for Hershey because they were having a Katrina relief thing and we paid $25 for the bracelets at Knoebels.

I think the most I've ever paid was $60 for a 2-day pass at Schlitterbahn a few years back. But it was TOTALLY worth it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, most parks aren't worth what they charge for a single day admission. Actually, I can't think of any I've been to that I'd pay a full-day price to attend.

All types of WDW Ticket Media are planned to undergo a price increase next week. So buy your tickets now people!
    Amazing how you can 'break' Mouse news while on the beach in Waikiki ... Young Bill, I wanna be like you.

...As opposed to TDR's price increases every 3-4 years? ..And their last price increase was less than a year ago. BTW, it's 5,800 yen for a 1-day (non hopper) ticket to either TDL or TDS, which under current exchange rates, translates into $49 a day. How much is the 1-day non-hopper pass to any given WDW park? Keep in mind, TDL offers many more rides than the MK, more daily stage shows and parades, more special events per year at regular ticket prices, more shopping venues than the MK, more restaurants than the MK, and overall... a cleaner, better maintained park over the MK.

Seems to me it's best to buy the AP and just go as often as possible a year, since that is the only fair price to pay for the "quality" and "quantity" we are getting at each WDW park, over most of the other Disney parks on Earth.
    Yeah, but only a small percentage of guests actually pay for a one-day MK ticket anymore. It's the multi-day increases (along with our likely AP increase) that are really more of the issue.

But I would argue (although not with you because you're smart enough to agree with me!) that the MK at WDW is the least quality Disney experience of any of the MK-style parks. I realize HKDL is very incomplete, but I can argue my point based on the quality of what is there, the fresh entertainment (like their new summer parade), the cleanliness and upkeep and the beauty. When Small World, PoC and Mansion all make their debuts, hopefully the latter two by 2012, I doubt there will be any reason to argue it at all.

Most WDW guests simply don't know any better ... they haven't been to the other resorts and/or they weren't at WDW in the 70s, 80s and most of the 90s, so they have no clue what REAL Disney quality is.

• Circle of Ancients

^ But again, who is buying a ticket for JUST MK? I just don't understand why we can't have a conversation about WDW, ANY conversation about WDW without people throwing in the "MK Sucks" line.

Okay, we get it already. MK sucks for you. Enough already.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast