Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation APers' Priority Access to HM dates

FYI,
    It's been announced on the official WDW site that Annual Passholders will receive priority access to the newly refurbished Haunted Mansion ride on Sept 14th, 15th, and 16th, from 9am until noon. Whether this is a "preview" before regular guests or just a courtesy during regular hours is unknown to me... Chances are the HM may be opened for soft previews before that, or maybe not...
    I just thought some of you would like to know that info.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Re: APers' Priority Access to HM dates

Let me explain... priority entrance is simply what Fastpass is. The Mansion will be open all day to everyone for those days, but if you're an AP, you can get in a shorter line and go in front of everyone else, bypassing the normal wait. However, it's only from 9am to noon.

Honestly, I think it's just a way to get you back to the parks and make you feel like you're getting something. Nothing more.

The same was done with Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor for the AP previews. Anyone could go, but if you had an AP, you could bypass the normal wait.
    -Bill

• Little Miss Sunshine

Doesn't it reopen on the 13th?

Generally, HM lines move fast - I'd rather be there the day it opens and get in line (or if it had a chance to soft open a day or two earlier). AP events sometimes make lines longer. Thanks for the information, though!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Let me explain... priority entrance is simply what Fastpass is. The Mansion will be open all day to everyone for those days, but if you're an AP, you can get in a shorter line and go in front of everyone else, bypassing the normal wait.
    That's what I figured...

Honestly, I think it's just a way to get you back to the parks and make you feel like you're getting something. Nothing more.
    Agreed. But you'd be surprised to know Bill... that those of us who buy the Premium AP to TDR (now a days priced at around $625) do not even get garrantied admission to the parks when they close due to crowded conditions... much less a courtesy like "front of the line" access... So, yes, while WDW's APs offer nothing worth screaming about for me, this 3-day access is "something" to take advantage at least once, only if you happen to be at the park. I would not make a special trip there for that.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    Generally, HM lines move fast - I'd rather be there the day it opens and get in line (or if it had a chance to soft open a day or two earlier). AP events sometimes make lines longer. Thanks for the information, though!
    Agree as well... Now that Fastpass is history at the HM (the way it should be at ALL Disney parks on Earth for ALL attractions) I would prefer to just do the line and enjoy. Frankly, the only thing delaying lines at the HM now a days is the excessive stops to accomodate wheelchair guests. Still, I much rather do the regular line without FP.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Let me explain... priority entrance is simply what Fastpass is. The Mansion will be open all day to everyone for those days, but if you're an AP, you can get in a shorter line and go in front of everyone else, bypassing the normal wait. However, it's only from 9am to noon.

The same was done with Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor for the AP previews. Anyone could go, but if you had an AP, you could bypass the normal wait.
    Ooh awesome
    So when does it officially open? It got a little confusing to me.
    And yea, the line goes pretty fast, but thats cool that the reopening is soon. Im gonna have to plan a trip that weekend to ride it.
    Im pretty interested in that stair scene
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Sept. 14th. Any earlier does not look likely.
    -Bill

• Little Miss Sunshine

Sept. 14th. Any earlier does not look likely.
    Is it the 14th? Everything I've seen is that it closes until the 12th, opens the 13th.

I can't keep up with all these dates!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

That's what I've heard too, but the AP opening is on the 14th, so I think it's a toss up. The 13th might be a Cast only day, possible soft openings. It's been planned that way to have that extra day since the beginning. But it HAS to be open by the 14th. If you want it to be open when you go, go the 14th. Hit or miss on the 13th.
    -Bill

• Little Miss Sunshine

That's what I've heard too, but the AP opening is on the 14th, so I think it's a toss up. The 13th might be a Cast only day, possible soft openings. It's been planned that way to have that extra day since the beginning. But it HAS to be open by the 14th. If you want it to be open when you go, go the 14th. Hit or miss on the 13th.
    Hopefully we'll know by the 13th which one it will be! I am local, but don't prefer to drive down both days if I can help it. Thanks!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

It MUST be open by the first MNSSHP, which I believe is Friday 9/14 ... if it isn't ready by then, Phil Holmes will hide under his desk and cry as the complaints fly into City Hall!

i still can't wait to see the changes to HM .

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    It MUST be open by the first MNSSHP, which I believe is Friday 9/14 ... if it isn't ready by then, Phil Holmes will hide under his desk and cry as the complaints fly into City Hall!
    That might be worth it actually.

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Dangnubit..... my next trip is only until September 6th!

Oh, well... I guess I'll just have to wait until the MC Invasion in October. Unless I plan another trip the third week in September...
    --Jonathan

• Little Miss Sunshine

Actually, it would probably just be busy for an hour or two on Friday with passholders, and then everyone scatters for work (that is what happened with Everest, anyway).

Though I hope it opens Thursday.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I'm so going to be there!