Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Quick Update from WDW

Went to WDW today... some things I noticed:

-MK was not too clean today nor too busy with guests.
    -The Mickey hand glove on the wand at EPCOT has been taken down, but the stars at the top of Spaceship Earth mysteriously still remain up there.
    -New MK logo stuff at the Emporium (or at least I had not seen that design before)
    -The Fantasia Shop at the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse has been replaced with a Game Room, and cheap looking racks of merchandise now litter the open spaces in that area. (Thumbs down on whoever came up with that idea.) However, the Pin Trading kiosk has been taken down (thumbs up on that one).
    -The Cinderella Castle shoppe is now closed, as it's being renovated and turned into the 2nd Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique. Yuk! Bad Idea.
    -Many stones in the never-to-be-completed Walk Around the World walkway portion between the MK and the Contemporary have faded away so badly, you can hardly read the names printed on them. I never realize how bad the quality of these stones are. Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.

No photos with this update.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Re: Quick Update from WDW

the contemporary stuff is all over the place.. as they jockey stuff around between the 4th floor and other locations. resturants are changing, etc

The Arcade has been open there since April. fantasia will be back in a more permanent location, another resturant is supposed to go in the steakhouses old location as well another where the food/fun thing was
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    -The Fantasia Shop at the Contemporary's Grand Canyon Concourse has been replaced with a Game Room, and cheap looking racks of merchandise now litter the open spaces in that area. (Thumbs down on whoever came up with that idea.) However, the Pin Trading kiosk has been taken down (thumbs up on that one).
    They did this once before when they renovated BVG I believe, or just added extra for one of the 18-20 month long never ending promotions. I thought it looked horribly tacky then, and I still think so. However, I have read rumors that past the game room is where the new Fantasia is going, so hopefully all this will be cleared when that opens. At least, we can pray it does.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

-The Cinderella Castle shoppe is now closed, as it's being renovated and turned into the 2nd Bibiddi-Bobbidi Boutique. Yuk! Bad Idea.

That's disgusting! Ugh, don't we have enough "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in DD?
    WESLEY ADAMS
    Yacht Club: August 17-23, 2006
    Beach Club: August 16-26, 2005

"Paulette, Will you help me put my hair back on? Ladies and Gentlemen Thank you for coming to LEGALLY BALD!"--- Laura Bell Bundy after her wig falls off during Legally Blonde

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Wishes View Post

That's disgusting!
    That it is.

Went to WDW today...I never realize how bad the quality of these stones are. Yet, my stone next to Michael Eisner's at the front of the park remain in pretty decent shape.

i can see you went inside a lot ? Is this due to the Thunderstorm and the Rain till late afternoon ?

Thanks for the Update TDLFAN .

• Banned User

Actually, I got back to my car as the rain started to come down...so I missed the rain. Sadly, I didn't miss not seeing the darn parade at 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Wishes
    That's disgusting!
    Yup..

• I was deleted.

Nice update TDLFAN. Thanks for you info.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    They did this once before when they renovated BVG I believe, or just added extra for one of the 18-20 month long never ending promotions. I thought it looked horribly tacky then, and I still think so. However, I have read rumors that past the game room is where the new Fantasia is going, so hopefully all this will be cleared when that opens. At least, we can pray it does.
    Eh, not quite. A new eatery is going in down there. After they move the Food & Fun Quick Service upstairs to where the Concourse Steakhouse currently is.
    -Bill

• World Traveler

BOO! We want photos!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by mikeland View Post
    BOO! We want photos!!!
    There will be new ones from TDR next week.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Wishes View Post

That's disgusting! Ugh, don't we have enough "Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique" in DD?
    Why disgusting? You may not have little girls, so it might not appeal to you, but what better place to have girls transform into princesses than in cinderella's castle?

I know we already had this discussion back when the Cindy's BBB was announced, but I had to respond to that comment.

PS eta I am so glad that hand is finally gone... now the scale is finally restored! Off to find some pics... I just hope they don't leave the stars.
    Last edited by Nom; 08-02-2007 at 08:04 AM. Reason: to add the PS

Blog Entries

-The Mickey hand glove on the wand at EPCOT has been taken down, but the stars at the top of Spaceship Earth mysteriously still remain up there.
    It only makes sense that the stars will probably be the last thing to go after the wand structure is completely removed.

• Were you there?

Relax the stars are the last things to go.

They have to repel down SSE to remove them, so its a completely different type of work/workers needed for that portion of the project.

BT
    22 is NOT my age (unfortunately)...

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by btwnguy_22 View Post
    Relax the stars are the last things to go.

They have to repel down SSE to remove them, so its a completely different type of work/workers needed for that portion of the project.

BT

Why would they rappel down SSE? Just pick them with the crane, it's a lot easier, and a lot less rigging.

You would have to tie everyone and eveything off to hard points on the SSE if you went the rappel route.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast