View Poll Results: What do you think of current in-park food prices?

Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • The prices are way too high!

12 20.69%
  • The prices are starting to get out of control.

17 29.31%
  • I don't love the prices but, I don't hate them either.

21 36.21%
  • The prices are okay.

7 12.07%
  • The prices are great!

1 1.72%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• If We Can Dream It...

Your thoughts on food pricing at WDW...

Kevin's article today got me thinking, how many of you think the price for for food at WDW, in parks, is over priced? Be it Table Service or Quick Service, do you think you're getting a steal of a deal or is disney stealing your money? Just curious to see what people think...
    Last edited by horizonsfan92; 08-02-2007 at 07:36 AM.
    - Horizonsfan

• Too far from Disney World

Re: Your thoughts on food pricing at WDW...

As I've been coming the menus and prices on another site for our upcoming trip I was rather surprised at how much the prices were (and some of the menus were listed back for 2006) for small things, like a hamburger. Now I can understand paying a fair amount for a good steak or some seafood, but $15 for a hamburger and fries seems a bit ridiculous to me!

Luckily we're going during the time of the free dining plan, but if we didn't have the dining plan the food budget just for the 2 of us to eat at WDW would probably be enough for me to reconsider the trip!
    With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
    Kevin's article today got me thinking, how many of you think the price for for food at WDW, in parks, is over priced? Be it Table Service or Quick Service, do you think you're getting a steal of a deal or is disney stealing your money? Just curious to see what people think...

Its high, but no moreso than what you pay at any captive venue.

Do you really think $10 for a popcorn and soda at a movie is fair, or $8 for a beer at a football game is fair. Nope, not me, but it is par for the course.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Little Miss Sunshine

I haven't read anything about this yet, but personally - I think it's average for a theme park. I don't eat a lot of counter service at Disney if I can help it, because I can get food off property for less (and the counter service food tends to be uninspired). The best counter service, IMHO, is at DisneyQuest, WP Express, etc. - at Downtown Disney. Restaurants not owned by Disney.

I prefer getting a kids meal at CS, which is a smaller portion and healthier. Those are priced reasonably. I also like the Pop Century food court - I can use my DDE card, and the food is more varied. But like, tomorrow - I'll go to Disney for a few hours after my GKTW volunteer shift (where I'll also have lunch). Normally I might get a slice of pizza at the Boardwalk, but Hess may have their $5.00 large pizzas, so I'll wait to see if they do. Then I'll get some soft serve frozen yogurt at Costco on the way home. Last week I did tea at the GF, and I do think that has always been well-priced for what it is.

I try not to spend too much money on Disney counter service (in the parks), it's just not that appealing overall. I do like having a sit-down meal occasionally, but I went to Chef Mickeys on an invite last month - $30.00 for that buffet is too much, I don't plan to go back anytime soon. I'd rather save the money for Europe. I have a favorite restaurant in Paris, and for a full dinner I can eat for not much more than a counter service restaurant at WDW.

BUT, again - for theme park pricing, I don't think the prices generally are out of line. Some are too high, some are more reasonable - but I've seen worse.
    Last edited by nbodyhome; 08-02-2007 at 07:50 AM.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post

Do you really think $10 for a popcorn and soda at a movie is fair, or $8 for a beer at a football game is fair. Nope, not me, but it is par for the course.

-dave
    Just because your a captive audience doesn't mean they need to jack up the prices on everything. I do realize that it's a common trend for these types of venues but I don't have to settle for it. Plus, Disney continues, at least annually, to raise prices and trim down the actual meal. Just my two cents.
    - Horizonsfan

-dave
    ITA

• Little Miss Sunshine

Just because your a captive audience doesn't mean they need to jack up the prices on everything. I do realize that it's a common trend for these types of venues but I don't have to settle for it. Plus, Disney continues, at least annually, to raise prices and trim down the actual meal. Just my two cents.
    One isn't always captive, like at a concert. I can just drive off property to CiCi's, or Chick Fil A, etc. I know not everyone has a car - but there are some reasonably priced restaurants even on property with decent food. I like Trails End for breakfast or lunch.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• If We Can Dream It...

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    One isn't always captive, like at a concert. I can just drive off property to CiCi's, or Chick Fil A, etc. I know not everyone has a car - but there are some reasonably priced restaurants even on property with decent food. I like Trails End for breakfast or lunch.
    If I can manage it I always leave the parks just before dinner so I can get a reasonably-priced (and better-tasting) meal off property. Heck at DS, I don't even stay for lunch any more!
    - Horizonsfan

• Little Miss Sunshine

If I can manage it I always leave the parks just before dinner so I can get a reasonably-priced (and better-tasting) meal off property. Heck at DS, I don't even stay for lunch any more!
    My best meals tend to be at home, so I prefer to eat them here and save the money (fortunately, I'm local).

But like at Disneyland last month - I had a few meals in the park, drove to In and Out Burger one day, and ate outside the park a couple of other times. My breakfasts were at the hotel (free continental). When I stay at WDW, I do bring my own snacks/fruit/breakfast items.

A number of years ago, we were going to eat at the Hollywood and Vine restaurant for dinner. They closed up early, it was not much past 6. So we drove to Lonestar. The food was less expensive anyway. There is also a Ci Ci's in the LBV area, lots of food choices out there. If anything, I'll get a slice of pizza at the Boardwalk, that is inexpensive and holds me for a few hours at Disney.

It isn't as much the prices that bother me as it is the lack of variety of counter service and healthier options. I like the Food and Wine Festival because they tend to have some nice choices.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Really? One of my favorite things about going to the parks is the food! C'mon, look at all the great restaurants at EPCOT alone. I'm surprised.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

This is one of the reasons I usually just do the counter service places... I can get my lunch or dinner for around $10 or so, which isn't too bad. I just can't justify spending $30 or more for a meal, no matter how good the food is. The only exception of course is if someone else is buying, but I digress.

• May the F=ma be with you

I don't have a problem with the prices. I think that the food is pretty good in most cases and if the food doesn't actually cost that much to produce, the atmosphere compensates for the increased price.

Maybe it's becasue in the NYC area, it is not uncommon to spend $20 for an 8 slice medium sized pie.

Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• time to go

I never eat in the parks anymore. The quality and/or quantity does not justify the costs. I wouldn't mind the prices so much, if the quality was there. The food is simply mediocre if not outright inedible. Better values can be found beyond the berm.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Since I don't rent a car when I go, and don't go of property, I eat all meals in WDW. And yes, the quality may be lacking, but I have also gone enough times to know what to get, and to find the items that are a little better in quality. The prices don't bother me so much, and after going to DL, I feel like the prices in WDW are a little less than in California. I don't know if that's just because I haven't been back to WDW since August, but everything seemed just a tad less in Florida.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Disney Memory Maker

When I look at how much they overcharge at my college.... I really don't think WDW's prices are that out of control.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast