Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

AK Fossil Fun Games

In 2004 my son and I were in the Fossil Fun Games area and there was a green dinosaur character that he took a picture with. Does any one know his name? I am drawing a blank.

Thanks,

Jacky

• For You!

Re: AK Fossil Fun Games

It's either Chester or Hester - can't remember which one is which

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    It's either Chester or Hester - can't remember which one is which
    I think chester is the green one

Although the theming is kinda cheesy i like the Primeval whirl. Its fun and often the line is no more than 10 minutes. But dont wear a hat on that ride (just ask WDWGirl )and if you start to get dizzy, dont keep riding it
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Senior Minion

With a wealth of characters to use, why did Disney create these rubbish dinosaurs for AK? They look like the idiot offspring of Barney and would be better suited to be wandering around some two-bit theme park off the beaten track somewhere.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    With a wealth of characters to use, why did Disney create these rubbish dinosaurs for AK? They look like the idiot offspring of Barney and would be better suited to be wandering around some two-bit theme park off the beaten track somewhere.
    I think they wanted that area to look like "some two-bit theme park off the beaten track somewhere". That's why they didn't use any of their own characters.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cjcolvin View Post
    I think they wanted that area to look like "some two-bit theme park off the beaten track somewhere". That's why they didn't use any of their own characters.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Okay, here's a better way to say it. When Disney was designing the Dino-Rama area, they seemed to be going for a carnival type atmosphere. Kind of a park within a park. Now when I think of Disney characters, a carnival is one of the last things to come to mind. The quality and standards of Disney is that much higher than that of a carnival. Any of them would seem out of place.

And if they did have Disney characters there, which ones would they choose? They would have to be related to dinosaurs in some way, and the only ones I can think of are from Dinosaur (the movie) and Rex from Toy Story.

• Minion

Yes, but why create a carnival in the first place? It's tacky, cheesy, and just about the last kind of area we want to see in a Disney park of all places. And they just had to place it in Animal Kingdom, the most themed and prettiest of the 4 Disney parks at Walt Disney World.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Agreed, Chester and Hester are completely unimaginative looking and totally out of place.

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Yes, but why create a carnival in the first place? It's tacky, cheesy, and just about the last kind of area we want to see in a Disney park of all places. And they just had to place it in Animal Kingdom, the most themed and prettiest of the 4 Disney parks at Walt Disney World.
    Dino Rama is definately a huge eye sore in Animal Kingdom.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by cjcolvin View Post

And if they did have Disney characters there, which ones would they choose? They would have to be related to dinosaurs in some way, and the only ones I can think of are from Dinosaur (the movie) and Rex from Toy Story.
    Mickey and pals dressed as archeologists. Or better still CAVEMEN! I can just picture Goofy in a leopard skin holding a giant club!

Anything would be better than 'bland'.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

Thanks for the information

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

What?!! What are you talking about? Chester and Hester are NOT Dinosaurs!!! What on earth gave you that idea? Chester and Hester are people!
    -Bill

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What?!! What are you talking about? Chester and Hester are NOT Dinosaurs!!! What on earth gave you that idea? Chester and Hester are people!
    Oh, that's right! WDW is in Florida...!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLR - October 2011

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Wait, they aren't???
    All of my dreams are ruined!!!!!!!!!!
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

LOL, no. The Dinosaurs have different names. I'll have to look up the names...
    -Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast