3 10.00%
  • I've never been to either

4 13.33%
  • Who cares?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• professional beet farmer

Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

I was just wondering...do you prefer BB or TL? It seems that almost everyone i talk to likes TL better. I personally like BB. How about you?

Re: Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

isnt there another thread just like this??
    ---------
    |I QUIT|
    ---------
    ...Not like anyone on here really gives a care about me anyway...

• KING OF CABMF'S

I chose Typhoon Lagoon.
    The reason? Well, although seldom going to that park, i was never ripped off there. And i mean like ROBBED at Blizzard Beash.
    (cue Twilight zone intro)
    Disney world, 2004.
    Amidst the glitz and glitter of melting snow on a bustling mountain, Blizzard Beach was a star in its own right, a beacon for waterparks everywhere.
    Now something is about to happen that will change all that. (cue thirty expeditions broken into)

The time is now, on a day much like the one you have just witnessed. Behind me is an expedition, door handle jammed, waiting for you because in tonight's episode of the twilight zone you are the star, and this door opens directly to... iPods, money, checkbooks, a $500 coach purse, one Gold card, a Portable DVD Player, four WDW passes, and two sets of carkeys times THIRTY.
    Thats right. a group of people broke into THIRTY cars that summer, on the same day. we were scammed out of $1000 in loot, and where was the security? probably asleep on their golfcart or eating donuts. Security cameras? none, so we dont know who broke into the cars, and where they went. So i was ripped off at Blizzard beach, and they lost my vote BIG TIME.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• professional beet farmer

^Wow, that sucks.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

My car got keyed in the Epcot Parking lot once... not as bad as theft, but dude, I can relate. That sucks.

Though, I still love Epcot... lol
    -Bill

• Banned User

I like them both... BB for the thrills, and TL for the theming.

I dunno which one I should go too... I'm not TOO much for hyper-thrills like Plummet Summit, and I kinda like the look of Typhoon Lagoon. But it seems all the rides are much better at Blizzard Beach...

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    My car got keyed in the Epcot Parking lot once... not as bad as theft, but dude, I can relate. That sucks.

Though, I still love Epcot... lol
    Oh my god. Well, they used some door punching thingy to break off our door lock, two weeks before we were going to sell the expedition for a new car

But i guess that its just one of those paranioa things for me, i hate BB because of the security lackking.
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I like BB theming the best. The winter theme seems to make the weather cooler, you know?

Sorry evanescence4ever about your BB experience. I don't think you should judge the parks entertainment value by what happened in the parking lot. This may sound like spoiled milk, but why did you have all those valuables in your car in the first place? Whether at home or on vacation, I never leave valuables in the car. It's just common sense.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I just love the Blizzard Beach theming too, especially hearing the Christmas music mixed in with Becah Boys, etc. However, there seems to be so much less shade and so much more white painted concrete in BB than the beautiful landscaping in TL. I also think that there are more attractions in BB, and they are more thrilling, but the tropical theme just does it for me. And with the addition of the Crush N Gusher, and rumors of future expansion, I think TL really delivers a great time.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• In Mouse We trust

Having been from the far north, the snow theming of BB is not cool!! I don't like the look of all that snow. I would much rather have the green of TL.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    But i guess that its just one of those paranioa things for me, i hate BB because of the security lackking.

I would hazzard a guess that the security at BB is no less or no more secure that at TL, or any other park at WDW (except maybe for DTD). You just picked the unlucky park on the unlucky day.

-dave

Edit: Thinking about it now, if I were to break into cars to steal stuff, I would do it at a waterpark. Because they are going in to swim, people will be more apt to leave things in the car. Credit cards, cameras, electronics, etc. All that stuff you may bring into a "dry" park with you, but would most likely leave behind at a water park, especially if you are "hopping".

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    I would hazzard a guess that the security at BB is no less or no more secure that at TL, or any other park at WDW (except maybe for DTD). You just picked the unlucky park on the unlucky day.
    But it happened at BB, and we did everything possible- we called up WDW and they told us 'sorry for your loss, emailed them, but they never talked to us. And the weirdest part of the enture thing is that i tried looking up what happened and nothing came up under google. No news story, no article about it, nothing. Disney did a good job to keep this low profile.
    Last edited by evanescence4ever; 08-06-2007 at 05:48 PM. Reason: Spelling
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Senior Minion

Nearly lost my trunks at TL.

Just thought I'd mention it.
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by nathan detroit View Post
    Nearly lost my trunks at TL.

Just thought I'd mention it.
    Oh, it happened to me once too at a water park in jacksonville.
    When i got off the waterslide my bathing suit fell apart at the seams.
    And my goggles burst into flames
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast