Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Has anyone stayed at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa?

My husband surprised me last night by telling me we will be staying at the Saratoga Resort on our next trip to WDW after our Disney cruise. It is our 20th anniversary and he wanted to stay somewhere nice and somewhere different. I have read some good things about this resort but was interested in hearing from fellow MiceChatters. Thanks!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Has anyone stayed at the Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa?

I am not DVC, but have stayed there since it became SS (I stayed there many times when the Disney Institute was there). The resort is lovely, near Downtown Disney. I used to be a local member of the fitness center when it was the DI, which I LOVED. The spa and fitness center is first-rate, I highly recommend it!

I have a 3 part photo walk around Saratoga Springs and Downtown Disney here: http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=24&Itemid=50

No room photos, just around the resort and going to and from Downtown Disney. You could actually walk to Old Key West as well during daylight hours, there is a nice trail.

Happy 20th anniversary! That is a very nice surprise. I think they do couples massages over at the spa now, that might be something to look into as a surprise for him.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Thanks nbodyhome for your thoughts and the picute link. We are not members of DVC either, but when my husband called to make reservations at any resort that had a travel industry discount (he flies for JetBlue) this one came up. We are very excited. I didn't know anyone could use this resort. I thought it was just for DVC members.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Nancy -

Unsold DVC inventory does go to general booking eventually. Saratoga Springs and Old Key West are the two resorts which often have rooms available. They are also the two that are furthest from any parks. But both are beautiful resorts, and very relaxing. I do recommend Cirque also at DD if you've not seen that (though you probably have!) I'm up to about 5 times on Cirque, and am hoping for a 6th this month for my birthday.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Done and Gone

I stayed there just last month and it is beautiful although a bit spread out for what we prefer. Its our home resort for DVC but it was our first time staying there. It is a ways from the parks, and there are 3 bus stops if you will be using the bus system.

For a relaxing anniversary though, it just may be the perfect place to go. Enjoy!

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    My husband surprised me last night by telling me we will be staying at the Saratoga Resort on our next trip to WDW after our Disney cruise. It is our 20th anniversary and he wanted to stay somewhere nice and somewhere different. I have read some good things about this resort but was interested in hearing from fellow MiceChatters. Thanks!

I haven't stayed there yet. But I will be there for a total of two days bracketing the cruise at the end of this month.

If there is anything in particular you want info on, let me know. I have seen the rooms though, and they are pretty nice. What size are you going to be staying in?

The thing to remember is a studio does NOT have a washer/dryer and only has a small kitchenettet, while and 1 BR and up have a washer/dryer and kitchen, if that sort of thing matters to you.

-dave

Oh, and I have started to really like JetBlue. The constantly changing prices dont exactly thrill me, but they are still below the other carriers.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I do recommend Cirque also at DD if you've not seen that (though you probably have!)
    Believe it or not, we have never seen that show. The price tag always makes me swoon. My kids are not interested in it right now. Maybe sometime in the future. Glad you like it though!

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    For a relaxing anniversary though, it just may be the perfect place to go. Enjoy!
    Well, we will be bringing our two boys, so not much relaxing going on. But we have been to WDW many times and have started to take it a bit easier now.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    If there is anything in particular you want info on, let me know. I have seen the rooms though, and they are pretty nice. What size are you going to be staying in?

The thing to remember is a studio does NOT have a washer/dryer and only has a small kitchenettet, while and 1 BR and up have a washer/dryer and kitchen, if that sort of thing matters to you.

Oh, and I have started to really like JetBlue. The constantly changing prices dont exactly thrill me, but they are still below the other carriers.
    I believe we will be staying in the studio room. Do you think the sofa bed will be big enough of two boys, ages 7 and 11?
    The washer/dryer thing is no concern to me but a kitchenette will be nice.
    Thanks for your nice words on JetBlue. They are a great company to work for.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakerspray View Post
    I stayed there just last month and it is beautiful although a bit spread out for what we prefer. Its our home resort for DVC but it was our first time staying there. It is a ways from the parks, and there are 3 bus stops if you will be using the bus system.
    We always rent a car and never take the bus. We tried it once and hated it. As for the largeness of the resort, that's ok. Maybe it will burn off some of the calories we tend to eat.

• I was deleted.

Isn't this where a number of MiceChatters stayed this past June over Gay Days? I believe so, but I can't remember now. But if so, that means that there are photos around here somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Isn't this where a number of MiceChatters stayed this past June over Gay Days? I believe so, but I can't remember now. But if so, that means that there are photos around here somewhere...
    Thanks Piglet, I'll have to do a search. Should have thought of that earlier.

• Done and Gone

The kitchenette is a sink, mini-fridge, and a microwave I think. I've only stayed in studio rooms for DVC so this is the set up I'm most familiar with although this room felt smaller than the ones I've been in at the Boardwalk.

The sofa bed should be more than enough for both of them. We fit 4 adults in a studio last year and other than bath time which could get crowded, it was good enough though we aren't the kind to linger too much in our rooms.

Since you will be skipping the bus, parking is all around the buildings so you won't have to go too far to get your car.

As for the spread of it, maybe it was just me, but it felt HUGE. We were lucky enough to be about a 3 min walk from the main pool and where the food place is. (There is at least 1 other pool) However it was a spur of the moment weekend trip so we didn't have the luxury of exploring the grounds enough to get comfortable with my surroundings and gauge distance a bit better.

If I find any pics I'll try and post them.

• Why can't you tune a fish

I believe we will be staying in the studio room. Do you think the sofa bed will be big enough of two boys, ages 7 and 11?
    The washer/dryer thing is no concern to me but a kitchenette will be nice.
    Thanks for your nice words on JetBlue. They are a great company to work for.

It should be. Its a pretty big sofa. I assume its a queen, maybe a trailer queen, if you are familar with those (they are just as wide, but shorter)

The studios are a tad bit bigger than the "normal" non-DVC rooms.

I will let you know for sure when I go down there with my 6 and 8 year old girls (on JetBlue by the way )

-dave

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• I was deleted.

Thanks Piglet, I'll have to do a search. Should have thought of that earlier.
    No problem! I just do lots of searching on MC so I opted not to this time Nancy. Find anything?

• Little Miss Sunshine

I've stayed in a studio. Studios are more like regular hotel rooms with wet bars (in size).

I like 1 bedrooms at the various villas.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Geoff London

Take a look at:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...omsListingPage

There's also some excellent shots of rooms and around the resort at:

http://hotels.about.com/library/phot...blwdw-ss25.htm

SS is our home resort. We love it. Just to be able to stroll to DTD is a great bonus at night. Personally I'd never use the buses. We always have rental car - so much easier than hanging around at bus stops.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast