Thread: Wishes traffic

• Another trip down I-4

Wishes traffic

With all the people crowded around the castle for Wishes (and some sitting down in the road), we found it impossible last Saturday night to push my future grandmother-in-law in a wheelchair from Frontierland to Tommorowland.

Is there a better route we could have taken? One less crowded? I don't want a repeat of this!

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Wishes traffic

Well, you could walk to ToonTown and take the path to Tomorrowland located behind Donald's Boat. It is well hidden but you will find it if you walk down to the ToonTown train station.
    This is however, a much longer route.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• KING OF CABMF'S

The only thing i can tell you is to get where you need to before the show starts. Virtually there is no way to wheel someone around a crowd of people watching the fireworks. So get where you need to before, or after the show
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• She was sweet as a peach

Which way did you go?

Did you try going behind the castle?

The only other way is to do what WDW Monorail suggested: Through Liberty Square, Fantasyland, and Toontown. It is a long way.

• Yes?

You could cut through to Adventureland and then go over to your right through the area in front of Crystal Palace, then go straight across Main Street. Down the side through the Noodle Station. I've done it this way many times. This is one of my pet peeves....there are designated pathways that the CMs put on the ground with tape, and people still continue to stand in them!
    Last edited by EvilQueenRocks; 08-06-2007 at 10:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• All you need is LOVE

I say avoid that area unless you camping out plan ahead of where to be so out of the wall of people

• Another trip down I-4

I think we tried to follow your idea, evilqueen. I think just the jam-up between Spectro traffic and Wishes traffic coupled with people sitting where we needed to push the chair (she wanted to meet other family that was in Tommorowland) got us all flustered and turned around.

• Banned User

There is virtually NO crowd control at the MK when "Wishes" is on, and on very crowded days in particular, it is very trying to get around in the area surrounding the hubs and main Street. The MK desperately needs to build the Arcades behind Main Street like it is the case in Paris. They could help trememdously, and offer a way for guests to be able to move without having to be sent backstage like the MK so often re-routes guests, which to me it is a very bad show in the part of management.

SkittleKicks, I am sorry that WDW's incompetence affected you and your family's mobility.

• Disney Memory Maker

First off, always try to stay away from the Hub. Disney does a good job at keeping everyone on one side going the same way, but the amount of people there means you'll be going at a snails pace.

If you started in Frontierland, I recommend first making your way towards Liberty Square (unless the main road is emptier, I'd take the riverside path). From there you'll need to turn to Fantasyland. Now once you get past the Small World/Peter Pan area, it should be more or less smooth sailing from there (if you stay on the very outside path of Fantasyland).

Now if the train hasn't closed yet, a much better route would be taking the Frontierland train station to Toontown, and taking the "hidden" path to Tomorrowland (just make a left when you get off the train).
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Senior Minion

Next time - leave her home!
    WDW - 1987 & 1991
    DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
    DLR - October 2011

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    There is virtually NO crowd control at the MK when "Wishes" is on, and on very crowded days in particular, it is very trying to get around in the area surrounding the hubs and main Street. The MK desperately needs to build the Arcades behind Main Street like it is the case in Paris. They could help trememdously, and offer a way for guests to be able to move without having to be sent backstage like the MK so often re-routes guests, which to me it is a very bad show in the part of management.

SkittleKicks, I am sorry that WDW's incompetence affected you and your family's mobility.
    Funny you should mention that, I just commented on that in my Operational Improvements Thread... http://www.micechat.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=69
    -Bill

• Banned User

We always so the frontierland to fantasyland to tommorrowland route. the crowd in fantasyland is more spread out and you can get through easier.