• Banned User

Post Wiki Article on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween

Just wanted to announce to you that a new Wikipedia page is up on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey'...alloween_Party

Take a look, add to it or comment and critique to me on this.

Re: Wiki Article on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween

You can't take pics with people if your in costume. I see why they do it, autographs in particular, but the photo rule is kind of lame.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Just wanted to announce to you that a new Wikipedia page is up on Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mickey'...alloween_Party

Take a look, add to it or comment and critique to me on this.

Unlike regular hours, the events held feature trick-or-treating, including a Alice in Wonderland-themed trail on the bridge between Toontown and Tommorowland titled "Alice and Mad Hatter's Treat Party", a stage show and meet-and-greet with villains from Disney-canon movies and attractions, "Mickey's Boo To You Halloween Parade" featuring a pre-parade ride by the Headless Horseman, the athmosphere characters in Halloween costumes and a live-action version of the three hitchhiking ghosts from the Haunted Mansion attraction, two dance parties, one held in Fantasyland at Ariel's Grotto featuring supporting characters such as the Seven Dwarfs titled "Get Down and Boooogie" and Stitch's Dance Party at Tomorrowland. The centerpiece is a holiday themed fireworks show titled Happy Hallowishes: A Grim Grinning Ghosts' Spooktacular in the Sky.

That paragraph consists of a grand total of 2 sentences. It needs some editing. Also, you are going to have to cite sources for the information you provide.

Disney-canon is not the correct term to use here. As far as I consider it, Disney has no one overarching canon. Cinderella does not exist in Mickey world for example and any media showing the two of them together would be a non-canonical work. Just the same as the world of Stich is seperate from the canon of PoTC. I would just leave it as "Disney movies".

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Banned User

The term "Disney-canon" here, David, refers to any movie (animated or otherwise) made by Disney. The villains in their stage show at Cinderella Castle are all part of said canon, as are the Princesses and Mickey, and they all appear in the parade. And speedymon, that rule has been in effect for that event since several people were dressed up in Disney outfits and were confused for official cast members a few years ago.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-06-2007 at 03:20 PM.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

There is no photo rule, you can take as many photos as you like with people in your costume. As long as you don't sign autographs, you're fine. I re-wrote the article to reflect this, as well as make it more readable.
    Last edited by Bill; 08-06-2007 at 04:25 PM.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    The term "Disney-canon" here, David, refers to any movie (animated or otherwise) made by Disney. The villains in their stage show at Cinderella Castle are all part of said canon, as are the Princesses and Mickey, and they all appear in the parade. And speedymon, that rule has been in effect for that event since several people were dressed up in Disney outfits and were confused for official cast members a few years ago.

Thats not the definition of canon. A canon of work, for a fictional work (which is Disney), are those works that are consistent with the fictional universe. The universe of Mickey, Goofy, Daisy, Minne, et al. is a different universe than say the Pirates of the Caribbean universe. To use the term as you have used it is incorrect.

You are attempting to use it as "the body of work" but when used in that sense it means the DEFINITIVE body of work, or the great works. Not all works.

If you want to use it go ahead, but since you are writing a general encyclopedia article, a good guideline to follow is to make the text as simple as possible. Simply calling it "the works of Disney" and more correctly, the works of the Walt Disney Comapny and its partners, if you want to split hairs.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

I removed "canon" from it. End of story. lol
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I removed "canon" from it. End of story. lol

Cannons away !

-dave

• Banned User

I did make a few minor changes and embellishments. "Canon" has been replaced by "library of animated features" and the events and parade and fireworks have been given seperate sections. If anyone has taken pics at these events, please feel free to upload them under the GNU Free License.