Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Question Need Update On Beastlie Kingdomme!

Back and forth and back and forth for years!! It's really quite irritating. They have kept the dragon in the logo at AK and a few other things, like they're hoping it'll happen, but who knows.

I think ( mostly hope) that once the HP park at universal opens, there will be far more motivation to git 'r done.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Need Update On Beastlie Kingdomme!

Stranger things have happened, but for now, don't hold your breath.

• Minion

The logo reflects the philosophy that Animal Kingdom showcases animals of the present (represented by the elephant), animals of the past (triceratops), and animals of the imagination (dragon). With the recent opening of Everest, AK now delivers on its promise of featuring animals that are not real, so the dragon can safely stay in the logo even if Beastly Kingdom is never built. I would love to see BK, but with many of the ideas already implemented in IOA's Lost Continent, I'm afraid we will never see it.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I don't think they've gone back and forth, I haven't heard anything new in years about it.

Yak and Yeti is being built, though!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Blog Entries

Beastly Kingdom hasn't been on the table since at least 2003 in any shape or form. We'll see more mythological creatures in the park possibly such as the Yeti, but we're not ever going to see Beastly Kingdom unless something major happens. The only reason it seems back and forth is because fans keep bringing it up, but its not happening.

• Banned User

Well, the reason nothing was in the news was because they were in the conceptual stages. They had ideas and were waiting for the checkered flag from HQ, but there were all kinds of budget issues ( besides what an idiot eisner was) so they put it on the back burner. It was supposed to go where camp Minnie Mickey is now. CMM was only to a be a temporary land, but due to it's popularity, it was kept a while longer.

Yeah, I hear ya. I haven't been holding my breath, but one can always hope. Some of the ideas were really great and I wish they could become reality. The inverted dragon coaster would have been brilliant!! They put so many hints in the park for beastlie kingdomme, like the dragon-shaped waterfall in the discovery boats and the cave that spits fire.

Blog Entries

yes, it was originally planned. The concept art is even in one of WDW's books that I have, 25 years of magic I believe or something like that. However it never came in and Joe Rhode has even been quoted as saying it won't ever come, that we may see some ideas from it in other parts of the park (everest for example) but we won't see Beastly Kingdom.

• Banned User

I realize that ther other parks need a lot more help, but by itself, Ak is a half day park. There are all of 3 E ticket rides and animals. Did y'all know that there was supposed to be a faux "Big Red" corpse in the safari ride? They removed it and changed the script because when they previewed it for the staff and their families, they had a lot of PO-ed people. They recently dumbed it down even more so ther is no big red and little red.

now, it's just " la la la la la ooh look a giraffe! ooh a baboon!! Hey, you guys want to make the car randomly speed up for no apparent reason and end with a crappy AA swaying elephant head ? great! lets go!"

• Banned User

It is dissapointing. Their intentions were good. It was supposed to be a conservation message.

• Banned User

NE1 know what disney will do to try and keep the masses on their turf when HP at universal opens?

• Banned User

They need ot stop pouring money ito stupid things like " year of a million dreams" . Makes for a great commercial, but it's idiotic ( besides being cornball). They couls have saved that and used it to fix the stupid carnival thing in dinoland at AK, but I digress...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    yes, it was originally planned. The concept art is even in one of WDW's books that I have, 25 years of magic I believe or something like that. However it never came in and Joe Rhode has even been quoted as saying it won't ever come, that we may see some ideas from it in other parts of the park (everest for example) but we won't see Beastly Kingdom.
    It's in "Since the World Began". Awesome concept art. I'd love to see it realized in some way but it's just unlikely at this time.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by 1000th_happy_haunt View Post
    I realize that ther other parks need a lot more help, but by itself, Ak is a half day park. There are all of 3 E ticket rides and animals. Did y'all know that there was supposed to be a faux "Big Red" corpse in the safari ride? They removed it and changed the script because when they previewed it for the staff and their families, they had a lot of PO-ed people. They recently dumbed it down even more so ther is no big red and little red.

now, it's just " la la la la la ooh look a giraffe! ooh a baboon!! Hey, you guys want to make the car randomly speed up for no apparent reason and end with a crappy AA swaying elephant head ? great! lets go!"

In my opinon the whole poacher story is not needed. However it does provide one plot point that would have to be explained in another way if it was removed.

You are supposed to be on an extended safari - why was it cut short. The poacher angle is there so that you can leave the reservation and have your trip cut short. Its all part of that immersive themeing.

Without the chasing the poachers off reservation, you would have to find some other "excuse" to end your safari early.

And yes, the Dead Red did not test well, so the ending was changed. I can see lots of small childern getting upset at a supposed dead baby elephant. Especaily one that they were supposed to be trying to save.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by 1000th_happy_haunt View Post
    Well, the reason nothing was in the news was because they were in the conceptual stages. They had ideas and were waiting for the checkered flag from HQ, but there were all kinds of budget issues ( besides what an idiot eisner was) so they put it on the back burner. It was supposed to go where camp Minnie Mickey is now. CMM was only to a be a temporary land, but due to it's popularity, it was kept a while longer.

Yeah, I hear ya. I haven't been holding my breath, but one can always hope. Some of the ideas were really great and I wish they could become reality. The inverted dragon coaster would have been brilliant!! They put so many hints in the park for beastlie kingdomme, like the dragon-shaped waterfall in the discovery boats and the cave that spits fire.
    CMM was built out of necessity, because Michael realized what a horrible mistake he made when he cut Beastlie Kingdomme from the budget. WDI didn't even really create CMM, that was more of Walt Disney Entertainment. The Festival of the Lion King show was originally going into Africa, and it got moved when CMM was decided upon.
    -Bill

• We'll hold them at bay

I'm linking here the third part of an article I wrote on what could/should be done to DAK. The last of this three part series references the Beastly Kingdomme and my idea of converting some of the plans for that into a Narnia land at DAK which I think would fit nicely into the mythical creatures idea as well as Disney's cross-promotion mentality

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/06/01...domme/#respond

The other 2 parts dealt with a conversion of Camp Minnie Mickey into an America land and using the Nemo musical as a jumping off point for either an Australia or Oceans section.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast