Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: EPCOT Center walk today..

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    I think that's a dictatorship we could all get behind!

Only as long as he is wearing his Bewitched tee in the photo.

• Banned User

the " thrillrides" are going to have a long wait time because that is what most people want to ride so fastpass or not expect a line, as far as mgm goes, the watertower was the original icon, then the theater and now the hat.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    the " thrillrides" are going to have a long wait time because that is what most people want to ride so fastpass or not expect a line, as far as mgm goes, the watertower was the original icon, then the theater and now the hat.

I don't think people have a problem with waiting, its that they have to wait an extended amount that isn't necessay. I think people would take a 2 hour wait better if they didn't think about 50-60 people every 15 minutes were running right past them. Then again I don't think the wait time would be 2 hours because it would flow better in regards to load time anyway.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    I don't think people have a problem with waiting, its that they have to wait an extended amount that isn't necessay. I think people would take a 2 hour wait better if they didn't think about 50-60 people every 15 minutes were running right past them. Then again I don't think the wait time would be 2 hours because it would flow better in regards to load time anyway.
    I can't see the problem with Fastpass on the 3 or 4 "biggest" attractions. But to have it on Maelstrom is ridiculous.

At Islands of Adventure, where there are only a limited number of Express Passes for the day, the wait times for their big hitters (Hulk, Spiderman) were also at 90/100 minutes by noon.

Blog Entries

I've never even seen FP functioning on Maelstrom in any of my times ever visiting Epcot.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    sorry, but if the park was so 'uncrowded' FP doesn't make more people. The lines are long because there are people trying to get on them. For FP to slow down a queue, there actually has to be people IN IT. So that means.. yes, the rides were crowded.
    Nothing you said upthere made sense to me, but then again, you hardly ever do in my book because all you do is criticize my opinions without taking the time to see where I am coming from... And obviously, you are one of them people who do not understand how FP is a bad thing. I call it the "me, me, me" factor.

The fact the park was so uncrowded, and FP rides were cluttered with standby guests should be reason enough to see how unnecesary FP system is to most rides.. Even WDW1974 discussed here how management at WDW uses FP to creat false expectations... with one such good example of a lenghty wait at M:S recently when, there wasn't even anyone standing outside the building... It's Disney's way of fooling people into using FP in hopes they can go about and shop or eat (aka Spend $$) while their time to ride comes up. FP must go so that the experience can be equalled and improved to all guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave
    A big smiling portrait of TDLFAN ?
    No, I would not want to see my portrait on any WDW structure...simply because I would not want to be associated with the one Disney Resort that offers the least overall quality of them all.. Put it at TDR or even DLR instead.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    look for new lighting and (probably new glitter chips) to be installed at MGM's BAH in the near future.
    The Abbreviation BAH has been going around alot now that everyone has been using these abbraviations for EVERY ATTRACTION in WDW i was just wondering, what is BAH, IOA, and MILF???
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    The Abbreviation BAH has been going around alot now that everyone has been using these abbraviations for EVERY ATTRACTION in WDW i was just wondering, what is BAH, IOA, and MILF???
    BAH= Big A** Hat
    IOA= Islands of Adventure
    MILF= Monsters Inc Laugh Floor
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• KING OF CABMF'S

Thanks
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I also have seen a less used acronym: BUH: Big Ugly Hat too.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I also have seen a less used acronym: BUH: Big Ugly Hat too.
    Uh, thanks
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    I've never even seen FP functioning on Maelstrom in any of my times ever visiting Epcot.

I have

It is my understanding that the Malestrom FP is "off the grid" so to speak. Its FP system is a stand alone, its not tied into the others, so you can get a Malestrom FP at the same time you are holding, say a Test Track FP, for example.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I happen to agree with that opinion. But if they do remove the Big A** Hat, what would be used for the park icon? The MK has the castle, AK has the authentic fiberglass tree of 'life', and E.P.C.O.T. has a wand-less, hand-less, and soon to be stars-less, golf ball. If they remove the Big A** Hat, what do they put on the maps, guest guides, etc, for Disney-Pixar-MGM Studios?
    Oh I don't know... perhaps the Chinese theater, since that's the purpose it was meant to serve when the park was built.
    Yeah, the GMR facade was my first thought too. I just wonder how it would be accepted by the masses. The hat my be too ingrained to be replaced as the park icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I think Ward was missing the from his post.
    I didn't think so, but if you like, here's a for fiberglass 'tree' and golf ball.
    These are the games that never end.

• Banned User

Too ingraned? The only thing holding that hat "ingraned" are the bolts that attach it to the Pin store inside of it... and THAT is the real rea$on why it will stay there until it collapses over the shop and kill dozens. Then, it will be replaced forever... for GOOD!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The fact the park was so uncrowded, and FP rides were cluttered with standby guests should be reason enough to see how unnecesary FP system is to most rides.. Even WDW1974 discussed here how management at WDW uses FP to creat false expectations... with one such good example of a lenghty wait at M:S recently when, there wasn't even anyone standing outside the building... It's Disney's way of fooling people into using FP in hopes they can go about and shop or eat (aka Spend $$) while their time to ride comes up. FP must go so that the experience can be equalled and improved to all guests.

Absolutely ... they're playing all sorts of games to justify FastPass on attractions where it simply isn't needed.

They're cutting ride capacity. They're overstating the standby wait. They're doing everything they can to get your ticket scanned into the FP machine so the numbers will justify having it and overstating the popularity of the attraction.

The reality is there are exactly two attractions at Epcot that I can see FP having a legit need for (IF you're going to offer it at all) ... and those are Test Track and Soarin.

Nothing else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast