Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• In Technicolor!

Re: EPCOT Center walk today..

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Yeah, the GMR facade was my first thought too. I just wonder how it would be accepted by the masses. The hat my be too ingrained to be replaced as the park icon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Too ingraned? The only thing holding that hat "ingraned" are the bolts that attach it to the Pin store inside of it... and THAT is the real rea$on why it will stay there until it collapses over the shop and kill dozens. Then, it will be replaced forever... for GOOD!
    So I wasn't talking literrally. Physically taking down hat would be a fairly straightforward task; as is changing every guide, sign, map, etc., to show Mann's Chinese Theater facade as the park icon. I was referring to all of the guests who are used to seeing the hat as the indicator of the park. Would the confusion be worth it?
    These are the games that never end.

• Banned User

Your average tourist is already confused. Disney got it easy in that regard. "How do you get from Disney to EPCOT?".. or my favorite "Can we ride the monorail from EPCOT to Universal?"

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Your average tourist is already confused. Disney got it easy in that regard. "How do you get from Disney to EPCOT?".. or my favorite "Can we ride the monorail from EPCOT to Universal?"
    I give them a little more credit, I would say misinformed or ignorant. LOL

My boyfriend once asked me where we could catch the monorail to MK. We were at MGM, I just smiled and corrected him.

• Banned User

Well... here is an update from EPCOT Center today Sunday the 12th.
    With looming thunderstorms, I still managed to take a quick quality control walk.. and yes folks, EPCOT Center was very uncrowded for a Sunday afternoon. Some things caught my eye...

Bye bye big ugly evil wand... May you rest in.. pieces.. as you currently are near the parking lot behind the bushes close to the AAA parking area.

Oh dear... thunderstorms...

While all rides and shows are either a very small wait time, closed, under rehab, or simply "down"... Soarin' ridiculously long 80 mins stand by wait, in a park that is so uncrowded, is proof that FastPass has got to go with the wand...

Over at Mission: Space...seems like the management is no longer screwing with the Fastpass wait times.. If you choose the Hypocondriac Version, your stand by wait would be 5 mins. If you choose the Deadly Version, it would be 20 mins on the stand by... Again.. why offer Fastpass at a ride that simply do not need it?? Shown in this photo, a new (or at least new to me) electronic sign just outside the attraction.

Test Track, as usual, was DOWN due to technical difficulties. Can anyone in the know please tell me... has this attraction ever had one single day since opening when it operated without breakdowns for the entire lenght of an operational day??

New merchandise at Centorium...(aka MouseGear, for those of you in the Inquisitor's age range).. Here, we have a Billy Ray Cyrrus CD on sale at the registers... WT..???? It's bad enough we have CDs/videos from Hannah Montana and every freaking Disney Channel fabricated star and musical ever produced.... but Billy Ray?? ...And as you can see... they are flying off the shelf... NOT!!! Oh my achy breaky heart can not longer stand the pain of bad management decisions in the retail dept at WDW.

This book caught my attention... "The Kingdom Keepers" by Readley Pearson.. a fellow that based on his photo in the interior cover, needs to lay off the caffeine. However... I highly recommend this teenybopper novel to anyone for one reason only: it features artwork from TDL's World Bazaar on the cover, down to the canopy's ironwork design and semi-circular staircases on either end of the Bazaar. And.. concidering OLC is the sole keeper and caretaker of Walt Disney's Legacy now a days... the novel's title seems appropriate.

Not all is a heartache at EPCOT Center... and in contrast to my comments above... THIS was a good decision... Here I found this new teeshirt that closely resembles similar styles of teeshirts sold at EPCOT Center on opening day in 1982. Down to the red short sleeves, this shirt is as close to 1982 as we'll ever get. Note the original EPCOT Center logo, and original WDW font from 1971. Bravo.

Another noteworthy teeshirt... Original opening day EPCOT Center font and Spaceship Earth artwork, complete with the acrylic fountain spires that used to adorn the entrance to EPCOT with such elegance and style. Another BRAVO! ...and LOOK MA! NO WAND!!!

Of course, I had to cut my afternoon short at EPCOT Center due to the thunderstorms... so forgive me.

• Can't get enough!

New merchandise at Centorium...(aka MouseGear, for those of you in the Inquisitor's age range).. Here, we have a Billy Ray Cyrrus CD on sale at the registers... WT..???? It's bad enough we have CDs/videos from Hannah Montana and every freaking Disney Channel fabricated star and musical ever produced.... but Billy Ray?? ...And as you can see... they are flying off the shelf... NOT!!! Oh my achy breaky heart can not longer stand the pain of bad management decisions in the retail dept at WDW.

well, Billy Ray is Hannah Montanna ,aka Miley Cyrus's dad! not a good enough reason to buy this while you are on vacation however!!
    Last edited by tayakaleb; 08-12-2007 at 05:31 PM. Reason: adding

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Banned User

He can be the president of the World for all I care, but as long as he doesn't have a ride or attraction at WDW, his cd does not belong in a Disney gift shop...and neither does Hannah's.

I work at Test Track and we were down TWICE today, both times for the same problem but in a different area of the ride. We have actually been doing good not going 101 for a while until recently. The ride just really needs to be shut down for awhile and put under a good refurbishment, or put something new and better in. There is also no reason to have fast pass at our attraction, everyone hates it, it causes more problems than necessary. When we were upgrading to the new fast passes and we didnt have them, the lines were moving fairly quickly with the wait being at most 40 mins, when at the same spot it would usually be about 90 mins.

• Banned User

Well thank you for taking the time to give us an opinion from the "inside" in regards to Test Track. I think it's refreshing to actually have a CM come over and be very frank about what needs to be done and what doesn't work in regards to WDW's attractions and other things... Are you in my TT photo??

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan4Ever View Post
    The ride just really needs to be shut down for awhile and put under a good refurbishment, or put something new and better in.
    Interesting.. I would vote for "putting something new and better" in that location. I have visions of TT coming to a tragic hault one of these days if a ride vehicle jumps the track at 65mph as it hits the tight curve in front of that building. Makes me very uneasy every time I ride the ride to get to that particular point of it.

There is also no reason to have fast pass at our attraction, everyone hates it, it causes more problems than necessary. When we were upgrading to the new fast passes and we didnt have them, the lines were moving fairly quickly with the wait being at most 40 mins, when at the same spot it would usually be about 90 mins.
    Halleluyah!! I have been arguing that very same reason in regards to FP. It's not needed and it should go away. You made more sense of my issues with FP than I could ever hope for. I think the experience at Soarin's queue would greatly be enhanced if FP was taken out of that show as well.
    FP was certainly NOT needed at Mission:Space today either. It's a waste of resources and a hassle for CMs as you stated. Totally unnecesary. I think you guys need to make your managers awared that this is not efficient and as you put it... "everyone hates it".
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 08-12-2007 at 07:27 PM.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Not all is a heartache at EPCOT Center... and in contrast to my comments above... THIS was a good decision... Here I found this new teeshirt that closely resembles similar styles of teeshirts sold at EPCOT Center on opening day in 1982. Down to the red short sleeves, this shirt is as close to 1982 as we'll ever get. Note the original EPCOT Center logo, and original WDW font from 1971. Bravo.

Another noteworthy teeshirt... Original opening day EPCOT Center font and Spaceship Earth artwork, complete with the acrylic fountain spires that used to adorn the entrance to EPCOT with such elegance and style. Another BRAVO! ...and LOOK MA! NO WAND!!!

Of course, I had to cut my afternoon short at EPCOT Center due to the thunderstorms... so forgive me.
    O. M. G. I [i]so[/o] want those shirts! I hope to see more classic Walt Disney World and EPCOT Center merchandise.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan4Ever View Post
    There is also no reason to have fast pass at our attraction, everyone hates it, it causes more problems than necessary. When we were upgrading to the new fast passes and we didnt have them, the lines were moving fairly quickly with the wait being at most 40 mins, when at the same spot it would usually be about 90 mins.
    I have yet to hear any Cast Member state that the attration that he or she works on operates better with FastPass.

I am not a Disney tee guy ... I ONLY wear them at Disney parks or maybe to the beach. But I gotta get me one of them '82 style shirts.

I wonder if they're going to bring back the original SSE shirt ... dark bluish/black with SSE just floating in the center like hurling thru the universe with us as its many passengers and ...you know the rest.

• Banned User

I doubt it will come back again...

You never know. Disney is much better at selling nostalgia these days (look at DL's 50th and all the great merchandise out there) than it is at creating new products people want.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    You never know. Disney is much better at selling nostalgia these days (look at DL's 50th and all the great merchandise out there) than it is at creating new products people want.
    It also seems like EPCOT's 25th is going to be based on nostalgia with the shirts and pins.

Looking back at tomorrow?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    It also seems like EPCOT's 25th is going to be based on nostalgia with the shirts and pins.

Looking back at tomorrow?
    That's largely true.

But I've been told Jim MacPhee is trying to get the OK to go forward with a few surprises ... maybe an announcement or two.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    That's largely true.

But I've been told Jim MacPhee is trying to get the OK to go forward with a few surprises ... maybe an announcement or two.
    The much rumored redo of Journey into Imagination, with a return of Dreamfinder perhaps.....?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast