Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Banned User

Re: EPCOT Center walk today..

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    It also seems like EPCOT's 25th is going to be based on nostalgia with the shirts and pins.
    As it should be. DL struck gold with their nostagic look during the 50th anniversary, and for their 20th..TDL looked back at the past anniversary logos and brought them out of retirement, and came up with very unique merchandise that I simply adore to this day.

Memo to Disney... Carnival themes and Nostagia are the best ways to go with Anniversary celebrations!!!

i don't think i am in your photo, the first time we went down i wasn't there and the second i was evacuating the ride, i did go outside after i was done tho. I also don't think management will ever really listen to the castmembers. The only thing that fastpass does is make it harder to control the lines even single rider can be a hastle when people say they know what it is and then refuse to split up.

• Banned User

Then you should refuse access to ride... I know.. I know... easier said than done. I feel for you and the bull you have to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    He can be the president of the World for all I care, but as long as he doesn't have a ride or attraction at WDW, his cd does not belong in a Disney gift shop...and neither does Hannah's.
    Is that your requirement for merchandise? So any Disney movie/character that does not currently have an attraction at the resort shouldn't be allowed to have corresponding merchandise? I don't need to point out the obvious flaws in that statement.

But more seriously, you have been increasing hostile towards other members of late. Maybe its just me noticing your posts more, but I will caution you against ad hominem attacks. You tend to be a little too anti-WDW and pro-TDR. It has seriously gotten to the point that I cringe checking out your pictures because I know that you will attack WDW in every single one of them. Even the ones that aren't about WDW. I understand that WDW has its problems. Heck, all of the Disney theme parks have their problems (yes, even TDL/TDS). But regardless of that, do you have to attack WDW at every chance you get?

We criticize out of love and I know that deep down inside, you criticize because you are looking for improvement. Yet, I can't help but wonder if there isn't a bitterness (or pride perhaps?) towards some of the parks that is the cause of much of your critique.

there has been many times me and my fellow cast members refuse to let a party on together and then they get upset and tell us we are ruining their vacation and demand to talk to a manager. The manager will then let them ride together, sometimes twice and give them a free gift. That makes us look like the bad guy, because we didn't let them on but if we did we would have been introuble with management.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMan4Ever View Post
    The manager will then let them ride together, sometimes twice and give them a free gift. That makes us look like the bad guy, because we didn't let them on but if we did we would have been introuble with management.
    How utterly ridiculous.

Undermining their own rules.

And of course, undermining you, the 'regular' CM's.

Sadly, the last point doesn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by SanctumSolitude View Post
    But more seriously, you have been increasing hostile towards other members of late. Maybe its just me noticing your posts more, but I will caution you against ad hominem attacks. You tend to be a little too anti-WDW and pro-TDR. It has seriously gotten to the point that I cringe checking out your pictures because I know that you will attack WDW in every single one of them. Even the ones that aren't about WDW. I understand that WDW has its problems. Heck, all of the Disney theme parks have their problems (yes, even TDL/TDS). But regardless of that, do you have to attack WDW at every chance you get?

We criticize out of love and I know that deep down inside, you criticize because you are looking for improvement. Yet, I can't help but wonder if there isn't a bitterness (or pride perhaps?) towards some of the parks that is the cause of much of your critique.
    Just thinking ... it couldn't be because TDLFAN, unlike anyone else here to my knowledge, is a regular at every Disney resort worldwide, could it?

People with knowledge tend to share it ... people with criticism ... well, they tend to spread something else.

I haven't been to TDL yet (that's coming within the year!), but I am an APer at the other three Disney resorts and I do read and can look at pictures and judge for myself.

If TDLFAN's words upset you so, maybe you shouldn't read them. Because I have a good idea how he feels.

In one month this year I went from DLP to DL to the MK ... it felt like going from Neiman-Marcus to Nordstrom to Super WalMart.

I can only imagine how TDLFAN feels when he gets back from a visit to TDL and drives over to the MK.

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    How utterly ridiculous.

Undermining their own rules.

And of course, undermining you, the 'regular' CM's.

Sadly, the last point doesn't surprise me.

This is SOP at WDW and has been for quite some time.

When guests are a problem, give them freebies and castrate your CMs.

The only time you ignore guests is when they have legit complaints ...

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    In one month this year I went from DLP to DL to the MK ... it felt like going from Neiman-Marcus to Nordstrom to Super WalMart.
    Wow, I take that as quite a compliment here in CA...I would've put DL at Target level (still good), or maybe Macy's, but not quite Nordy's.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

^^Nope ... DL is still a VERY high quality product and, both as a park and a resort has a bright future ahead.

The one big complaint I have with DL right now is merchandise. After having great lines under Paul and Cynthia (they did merchandise right) and then all the kewl 50th stuff, DL is almost WDW like in selling nothing but the same character crap at every shop ...blech!!!!

I respect everyone's opinion and recognize that they can differ from my own. Yet at the same time, constant unconstructive critique and hostility towards other members is undesirable. It is a trend I had been noticing of late and is nothing against TDLFAN. His photo galleries are a priceless asset to the Disney community and I will thank him a million times for providing them. As I said, it was a word of caution that I felt he was approaching a line that should not be crossed. For all I know, he might never even read my cautionary message, yet it is a good reminder to all.

I am not attempting to censor his criticism. Many times, he finds flaws that are over looked. Yet many times, the criticism is more of a negative jab at the offending park instead of a constructive "this is how it could be better."

This year, I visited DL, TDR, and WDW. Although it wasn't within a month (I wish), I am still able to judge the relative qualities of those three pretty well. Suffice to say, my opinion differed from yours. To me, it felt like going from Sak's Fifth Avenue to Tiffany's to Red Lobster*. They were all different experiences and I enjoyed all of them very much.

Perhaps Ratatouille said it best: "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face is that, in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is more meaningful than our criticism designating it so."

*Ok so I couldn't really think of a well-known fancy restaurant, but you get my point.

Quote Originally Posted by SanctumSolitude View Post

*Ok so I couldn't really think of a well-known fancy restaurant, but you get my point.
    How about Morton's of Chicago or Ruth's Cris?

And '74, yeah, that's mostly why I said Target for DL - the merchandise is just pitiful. Exception? Disneyana and The (former) Gallery, but even those are not what they once were in selection and variation.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

I'm beginning to get tired of seeing all the same merchandise all around WDW. I was at MGM today and went to the villans vogue store and there is not a thing in there for villans. It is just a bunch of pirates and NBC merchandise and as much as i like those two things they need to be kept in their appropriate areas.

• Minion

^^Nope ... DL is still a VERY high quality product and, both as a park and a resort has a bright future ahead.

The one big complaint I have with DL right now is merchandise. After having great lines under Paul and Cynthia (they did merchandise right) and then all the kewl 50th stuff, DL is almost WDW like in selling nothing but the same character crap at every shop ...blech!!!!
    I find that the only Disney resort offering unique and attraction specific merchandise is the one in Tokyo.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post

Not all is a heartache at EPCOT Center... and in contrast to my comments above... THIS was a good decision... Here I found this new teeshirt that closely resembles similar styles of teeshirts sold at EPCOT Center on opening day in 1982. Down to the red short sleeves, this shirt is as close to 1982 as we'll ever get. Note the original EPCOT Center logo, and original WDW font from 1971. Bravo.

Another noteworthy teeshirt... Original opening day EPCOT Center font and Spaceship Earth artwork, complete with the acrylic fountain spires that used to adorn the entrance to EPCOT with such elegance and style. Another BRAVO! ...and LOOK MA! NO WAND!!!

Of course, I had to cut my afternoon short at EPCOT Center due to the thunderstorms... so forgive me.
    What a great reminder of how good the original graphic design was for EPCOT Center. The interlocking rings symbolized the interconnectedness of all the Future World themes, and the global village of World Showcase.

Great to see it back - now maybe we can start to re-imagine the Future World pavilions as optimistic, forward-looking, inspirational places rather than cheap tat.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234