Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

EPCOT Center walk today..

Not much to report from my "quality control" walk around EPCOT Center today tuesday the 7th Aug.
    -The park was very uncrowded.
    -The Wand continues to come down, with 2/3rds of the tower still to be dismantled. SE is already looking much better... and would look even better if they had taken the little stars off it's surface, but that has not happened yet.
    -At 3pm.. all rides that offer Fastpass had ridiculous waittimes... Soarin' at 90 mins, M:S at 60 mins, Maelstrom at 40 mins.. Yet the non-FP rides had less than a few minutes wait times.. with new new Nemo being a walk on and Grand Fiesta Velveetta a mere 3 mins. FP must go so lines can move again at a brisk and steady pace.
    -The former Millenium Village pavillion in between UK and Canada has been repainted on the outside front facade and now resembles the archways and pillars found at TDL's World Bazaar. No more psychodelic colors there, thank God.
    -Preparations for the Wine and Food Festival are underway with several areas of the World Showcase gardens boarded up for the event. Same old same old... here.
    -You guys gotta try the Chinese slushes on sale at "Joy of Tea" outside the China Showcase... The mango one in particualr is pretty deelicious!

On a final note.. It's nice to see the former Mausoleum photo sale Legacy area now gone and cleared of all that photo studio-like equipment and registers. I can only hope those Cms were transfered to MK's Custodial dept... (I can dream, can't I?) If only the Mausoleum itself was on it's way out forever...

On a separate note... and in regards to MGM, look for new lighting and (probably new glitter chips) to be installed at MGM's BAH in the near future. The hurricanes of 04 left the BAH bare in the glitter dept and NOW! 3 yrs later... Disney is finally going to fix this situation... Personally, they could fix the hub at MGM by removing the BAH altogether... but that's just my opinion...

Ta-ta everyone!

• Five-Legged Goat

Re: EPCOT Center walk today..

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Maelstrom at 40 mins..
    That's a pretty compelling argument for the removal of Fastpass.

Although I'm all for getting rid of the Fastpass procedure, I wouldn't object if they kept the machines around. Maybe they could be programmed to print out free themed souvenirs... (non-usable) Fastpasses that are customized with personalized messages, and/or to highlight holidays, special events, etc. ...

Actually, upon further reflection, I'm sure that whole "free" thing wouldn't go over so well with management.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Took me a second to figure out what "BAH" meant.

• Yes?

-You guys gotta try the Chinese slushes on sale at "Joy of Tea" outside the China Showcase... The mango one in particualr is pretty deelicious!
    Had the peach one back in May and it was very tasty. Want to try the green tea ice cream next week while I'm there.
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• I was deleted.

OH yea.. more glitter. Just what we want. Hope about some "glitter" for GMR instead? Seriously! But thanks for the info TDLFAN on Ep-ity-cot. I'm not a fan of mango but I'll be checking out those drinks at the new location in China finally this time around.

• One big touch screen.....

Maelstrom at 40 mins..

Quote Originally Posted by Kuhio View Post
    That's a pretty compelling argument for the removal of Fastpass.
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

World's dullest queue.

It would be more bearable if they just turned the lights off.

Green wall.......green wall.........green wall........oooh! Norwegian flag!..........more green wall...........green wall............green wall..............

• Pilot EdForceOne

sorry, but if the park was so 'uncrowded' FP doesn't make more people. The lines are long because there are people trying to get on them. For FP to slow down a queue, there actually has to be people IN IT. So that means.. yes, the rides were crowded.

An hour for TT or M:S isn't that long anyways.. or 90mins Soarin'.. they are always like that.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Blog Entries

-At 3pm.. all rides that offer Fastpass had ridiculous waittimes... Soarin' at 90 mins, M:S at 60 mins, Maelstrom at 40 mins.. Yet the non-FP rides had less than a few minutes wait times.. with new new Nemo being a walk on and Grand Fiesta Velveetta a mere 3 mins. FP must go so lines can move again at a brisk and steady pace.
    Its a little disingenuous to compare Nemo and Grand Fiesta to some of those other rides. Nemo is an Omnimover that will be rare to ever have much of a line, and Grand Fiesta is a ride many people still don't know exists in the back of that pavilion and still isn't immensely popular. I believe Fast Pass is a problem, but I don't think you can use this example as proof.

• In Technicolor!

... Personally, they could fix the hub at MGM by removing the BAH altogether... but that's just my opinion...
    I happen to agree with that opinion. But if they do remove the Big A** Hat, what would be used for the park icon? The MK has the castle, AK has the authentic fiberglass tree of 'life', and E.P.C.O.T. has a wand-less, hand-less, and soon to be stars-less, golf ball. If they remove the Big A** Hat, what do they put on the maps, guest guides, etc, for Disney-Pixar-MGM Studios?
    These are the games that never end.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great update, as always TDL. I agree with you regarding the Fast passes at Epcot, they definitely seem to do more harm than good. :/

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    I happen to agree with that opinion. But if they do remove the Big A** Hat, what would be used for the park icon? The MK has the castle, AK has the authentic fiberglass tree of 'life', and E.P.C.O.T. has a wand-less, hand-less, and soon to be stars-less, golf ball. If they remove the Big A** Hat, what do they put on the maps, guest guides, etc, for Disney-Pixar-MGM Studios?

A big smiling portrait of TDLFAN ?

-dave
    Last edited by Phonedave; 08-08-2007 at 06:52 AM.
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    A big smiling portrait of TLDLFAN ?

-dave

I think that's a dictatorship we could all get behind!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    Yes. Yes. Yes.

World's dullest queue.

It would be more bearable if they just turned the lights off.

Green wall.......green wall.........green wall........oooh! Norwegian flag!..........more green wall...........green wall............green wall..............
    Most hated queue in all of WDW. I pass the time by counting how many times I hear "You are not the first to pass this way....nor shall you be the last...." before I board.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Happy Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Ward View Post
    Oh I don't know... perhaps the Chinese theater, since that's the purpose it was meant to serve when the park was built.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xharryb View Post
    Oh I don't know... perhaps the Chinese theater, since that's the purpose it was meant to serve when the park was built.
    I think Ward was missing the from his post.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast