Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

A DL Cast Members Trip Report!

Ok, so I arrive early this morning at 1 am back from my 4 days at Walt Disney World. Overall, I loved my small trip, and being with my partners and friends during the trip made the experience even more magical. So I thought I would share my experiences, thoughts, and some pictures of the trip for someone who visits and works at the Disneyland Resort often perspective of the Floriday Resort.

So here are my friends, as we prepare to board out plane for a stop in Denver before heading to the Florida resort. We flew United Airlines, which was kind of uncomfortable and the pretzels were stale, but it got us to our destination at an affordable price, which was a good thing.

Me in Denver Airport (Something you don't see in California)

We arrived in Orlando at 5:00 am, and we took advantage of the magical express, which for those who don't know what that is, its Disney's transportation to get you to your resort from the airport, they also take your baggage from baggage claim and put them in your room, very hassel free. If your going to Florida and you just want to do the Disney Resort, this service is great, it is included in the price of the hotel and gets you there in Disney style. There is also transportation from each hotel to get you to the resorts, which worked out great for us since we didn't want to rent a car.

We stayed at the Pop Cenutry Resort, because it was the cheapest out out of all the resorts, and since we only had 4 days, we figured staying in the room is not an option, but just to sleep. I was surprised to find the hotel very very clean, and the resort is decorated very nicely. You can walk around the resort and take at least a 100 pictures. We stayed in the 70's section, which was nice sense it was close to the food court and transportation for the parks, a blessing in disguise when you stay at the Magic Kingdom till 3 am for magic hours!

Pop Cenutry Resort celebrates lifestyle of the 50s - 90's!

Since most have been to Walt Disney World, or will be going in the future, I don't want to describe and of the rides, but I must say that Walt Disney World has so much more to do then the Disneyland Resort, but to me the Magic Kingdom felt too big, and I like how Disneyland feels cozy, but then again more people do visit Walt Disney World, which requires the park to be bigger. But sometimes it seems like to walk forever to get to an attraction. The Tower of Terror, Splash Mountain, Big Thunder, and the Pooh Ride are much of a better experience in the Florida Resort. I felt that Mission Space was lacking in the experience, and that the new Expedition Everst just wasn't long enough, it seemed more went into the facade then the actual ride iteself.

One thing that was a major diffrence between the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World was Guest service. Simple, Walt Disney World Castmembers are way below Disneyland Cast members when it comes to communication with guests, appearance, show, and just smiling. I'm not saying that I didn't experience good cast members, but many of them just didn't seem like they wanted to be there, I only saw some smile, I don't know if the Disney look exists in the Florida Resort but many things I saw would not have been tolerated at Disneyland. I just felt like we give better service to the guests, but Walt Disney World castmembers after talking to our lovely waitress at the 50's prime time cafe get treated way better then the castmembers here in california, so I think the the cast in Florida just needs to smile more.

Well I think thats it here are some more pictures that I took of the resort. Which is very beautiful, I had a wonderfull time and cant wait to return.

A pefect ending....

And for those who don't know what I do in Disneyland.

Jeff Wayne

• Can't get enough!

Re: A DL Cast Members Trip Report!

are you the front or back ?? i love the one with the little girl, so sweet!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
    One thing that was a major diffrence between the Disneyland Resort and Walt Disney World was Guest service. Simple, Walt Disney World Castmembers are way below Disneyland Cast members when it comes to communication with guests, appearance, show, and just smiling. I'm not saying that I didn't experience good cast members, but many of them just didn't seem like they wanted to be there, I only saw some smile, I don't know if the Disney look exists in the Florida Resort but many things I saw would not have been tolerated at Disneyland. I just felt like we give better service to the guests, but Walt Disney World castmembers after talking to our lovely waitress at the 50's prime time cafe get treated way better then the castmembers here in california, so I think the the cast in Florida just needs to smile more.
    Sorry, but as a former WDW CP I felt the exact opposite when I was at DL. I felt WDW CMs were far better than DL's, home park bias I guess? Except the Disney look, that I agree with you 100% on. You can still find CMs with 50th name tags or older if you look hard enough at WDW.

• Minion

I definitely think that Disneyland's CMs are better when it comes to service and friendliness.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Defying gravity

Quote Originally Posted by ecdlanddude View Post
    Sorry, but as a former WDW CP I felt the exact opposite when I was at DL. I felt WDW CMs were far better than DL's, home park bias I guess? Except the Disney look, that I agree with you 100% on. You can still find CMs with 50th name tags or older if you look hard enough at WDW.
    Although I still consider DL to be my "home" park (at least, more so than WDW), I too have found WDW CMs to be more friendlier, more knowledgeable, etc.

• Once A Skip Always A Skip

I love Disney World the place, but as a CM I have to side with GhostHost, on the topic of average guest serivce. I had one or two good experiences in my series of trips to WDW, but the majority were average at best, even worse when we explained that we were DL cast members.
    -"Enjoy the rest of your stay here at Disneyland, where all of your dreams come true...well except for two of them, short lines and cheap food."

• Pilot EdForceOne

Sorry, but CMs in other parks are probably the most critical of all guests when it comes to the 'local' CMs. Its natural when you compare someone else doing 'your' job.

I've found the CMs in WDW to be great. I didn't have a problem with any in DLR, but had some great ones too. If anything my problem with the ones in DLR were I saw them not enforcing the rules, ignoring trash and ignoring guests defacing the park!
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Minion

I'm the front first parade, back second.

Maybe I was quick to judge all cast members at the resort, but the 95% I encounterd didn't smile, sat on stage, leaned, folded their arms, and just looked unhappy. I think the best cast member I encounterd was a waitress at the prime time, she was awsome!
    Jeff Wayne

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I've noticed some shoddy CMs at DL before too, but when I went to Disney World for an entire week, it was just more noticeable to see the ones who didn't care or were just down right rude. I've never had a rude CM at Disneyland but when I went to WDW, there were many tiimes where I was just apalled at their lack of knowledge.

No matter where you work, "I don't know" is never the right answer. It should be "I don't have the answer for you but if you can bare with me, I will find out for you.". Too many times at WDW I got the former.

And plus... I was a DL CM at the time. I was their brother. They treated me like a stepbrother when they found out I was from DL. Seriously, it was really disappointing.

But I'm going back this year as a guest guest... so we'll see how that goes!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Disney Dreams

Sounds like you had a great time! I'm a WDW AP, and I actually felt that the CMs ( and guests in general ) were MUCH friendlier in DL - not to say that they AREN'T friendly in WDW, I just felt they were kinder over there. Everyone who saw our "First Visit" badges kept asking "Where are you from?" and were just very kind. And I was wearing my "Happy Birthday" button, and EVERY CM ( no exaggeration ) said "Happy Birthday" to me, and in WDW, probably every 1 of 4 CMs actually said anything to me. I still love WDW though - I won't lie

• Banned User

DLR CMs are definitely more professional and pleasant over their peers at WDW, who are "average" at best. Of course... go to Tokyo and gimme your opinions of their CMs over there, since they set the example to follow.

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    DLR CMs are definitely more professional and pleasant over their peers at WDW, who are "average" at best. Of course... go to Tokyo and gimme your opinions of their CMs over there, since they set the example to follow.
    The CMs at Tokyo, I heard, are the best!! They put the CMs in DLR to shame. Even the smallest unpleasantness, they go out of their way to make the guest experience an exceptional one. For example, if you spilt popcorn, they will replace it faster then you can say "Supercalifragulisticespialidocious!" Is that spelt correctly, lol!! That is how fast and above and beyond they go. At the other Disney parks, once a guest spill something, either it is ignored or doesn't carry as much as an effort.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    The CMs at Tokyo, I heard, are the best!! They put the CMs in DLR to shame. Even the smallest unpleasantness, they go out of their way to make the guest experience an exceptional one. For example, if you spilt popcorn, they will replace it faster then you can say "Supercalifragulisticespialidocious!" Is that spelt correctly, lol!! That is how fast and above and beyond they go. At the other Disney parks, once a guest spill something, either it is ignored or doesn't carry as much as an effort.
    You heard right.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Dan - Tasmic! View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    You heard right.
    Wow. To me, that's one of those "see it to believe it" things, but it totally sounds probable! I'd love to visit TDL just to see stuff like this! ALL CMs should ALWAYS go above and beyond to make every guest's visit a great one, and in the way that Walt wanted, all CMs should also do their best to keep the park clean and tidy - and not ignore "obvious" trash. I can recall hardly ever seeing any trash in DL, except for one incident when I was standing in line for Pinocchio's Daring Journey, and someone ( or many people ) had left popcorn boxes, empty drinks, napkins, etc. ALL lying across the window sill somewhere in the line. This kind of behavior DISGUSTS me, when you can find trash cans almost every 10-20 feet, and if someone was going to get in line for a ride, don't tell me they couldn't have finished their food first and tossed it! Trash really takes away from "the magic" for me, and I'm sure it does the same to many others. I understand that we shouldn't be picking up after OTHER people, but I'm pretty sure we're supposed to pick up after ourselves!

~ Sorry about that semi-rant. It just amazes me the behavior of people sometimes....

Does anyone know if BOTH Tokyo parks are like this? ( TDS as well? )

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Does anyone know if BOTH Tokyo parks are like this? ( TDS as well? )
    Yes. In fact, the entire Tokyo Disney Resort is like this. Though the best staff out of the entire resort, in my opinion, can be found in the Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta. It is a 5 star hotel after all, so amazing staff are expected. By far the best service out of any of the Disney hotels at the other Disney resorts.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast