Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• FuseMP

Wand Piece of History Pin

Last year Disney released a pin series called Piece of History and built into the pin was a tiny piece of the attractions they paid tribute to.

While most people have grown to hate the wand, would you want a pin of SpaceShip Earth with the wand with a tiny piece of the wand built into it?

Even though I thought the wand took away from the grandeur of the simple globe, I think I would go for that pin.
    CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Re: Wand Piece of History Pin

I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. What other attractions have they done this for already?

Blog Entries

As much as I hate the wand I wouldn't mind a pin that had it on SSE as long as I had a SSE pin without it. (I don't collect pins so it doesn't much matter anyhow). I don't necessarily plan to scrub the memory of the wand out of my mind. I just look at it now in my mind as a temporary overlay, and as a temporary overlay it wasn't horrible. But I'm glad its gone. Its just too bad the temporary overlay lasted 6 years too long.

• FuseMP

Quote Originally Posted by cjcolvin View Post
    I'd buy one of these in a heartbeat. What other attractions have they done this for already?
    LOL! To answer your question I went to find out what had already been done, and the SSE Wand pin with a piece of star was already done back in 2005. Typical. I thought it was only extinct attractions and shows but apparently not.

I only have the Mr Toads Wild Ride pin.

info can be found here:
    http://www.dizpins.com/pinventory/wdw_piece_history.htm

I guess this is a pointless thread now, although cjcolvin now knows to buy one in the heartbeat.
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by StrongStyle View Post
    Last year Disney released a pin series called Piece of History and built into the pin was a tiny piece of the attractions they paid tribute to.

While most people have grown to hate the wand, would you want a pin of SpaceShip Earth with the wand with a tiny piece of the wand built into it?

Even though I thought the wand took away from the grandeur of the simple globe, I think I would go for that pin.
    I WANT ONE (if you haven't yet noticed my signature )!!!!
    Where do i buy such a pin?
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• FuseMP

Talking Re: Wand Piece of History Pin

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    I WANT ONE (if you haven't yet noticed my signature )!!!!
    Where do i buy such a pin?
    Not from Ebay!

well. not until I've bought mine from there as there are only 2 going right now unless you want to pay $70 from the buy it now shops. As soon as I have gotten mine without having to outbid one of you, i hightly suggest ebay.
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Banned User

Well, currently, you could sneak into the EPCOT Center parking lot and help yourself to any piece of the wand, which are being removed and placed next to the very last parking section in the east side of the lot.. The star is visibly sitting there. Hehehe...

While I don't collect the 'Piece of History' pins... (Too gimmicky and I question their validity and authenticity), I would not mind seeing a wand pin in the "Remember When.." series, which has featured such wonderful past gems as the 25th anniversary Birthday castle and other noteworthy attractions like "Plaza Swan Boat" and "Walt Disney Story"... you know.. things that were worth doing at WDW before the DisneyInquisitors of the World took over with thier Eisnian opinions...?

• FuseMP

If you put a bag over one of the tips, do you think you could convince a cast memeber you bought it and would like it delivered to your room? carrying it around sounds like heavy work
    www.facebook.com/FuseMP
    www.twitter.com/FuseMP

• Banned User

Yes, you need a crane. Keep that in mind.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well, currently, you could sneak into the EPCOT Center parking lot and help yourself to any piece of the wand, which are being removed and placed next to the very last parking section in the east side of the lot.. The star is visibly sitting there. Hehehe...
    Wow, people are really taking parts of the wand??
    Isnt that like stealing though?
    Not even i would do that if it was stealing.
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

I was kidding about the "helping yourself thing.."

• Yes?

I was kidding about the "helping yourself thing.."
    Why does nobody seem to get your sense of humor....
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
    Why does nobody seem to get your sense of humor....
    Maybe it is too sophisticated, dark or freudian??

• KING OF CABMF'S

Maybe it is too sophisticated, dark or freudian??
    Maybe im just too frekin dumb...
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Five-Legged Goat

When I first read the subject of this thread, I thought there was going to be a pin that commemorated the removal of the wand (and that depicted the wand in the process of being dismantled).

That, I would buy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast