Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Minion

Re: 'Compare to Disney' on Universal's Website

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    Oh God.

And I thought "well I've been to Disney, now I'm going to EPCOT" was bad......
    Ugh... A woman I work with just got back from WDW and all I keep hearing is "The first day we went to Disney then the next day MGM. Wednesday we went back to Disney..." Someone even asked her if she was referring to the Magic Kingdom. She said yes, then continued to refer to it as "Disney".

Then again, this is the same woman that was surprised to find out that "the one in California" was older.

• KING OF CABMF'S

This 'comparisn' is probably the worst, most inaccurate thing i have ever seen. And if anyone has seen the commercials in the past few months, they mention many disney-bashing things such as a girl saying 'if i have to hug another princess on my next vacation, i think im going to puke' This is the same thing as Coke Vs. Pepsi. Pepsi bashes Coke because they are desperate to be the top dog in the industry, and they will do anything to get there. Coke never bashes pepsi, as WDW never bashes Universal.
    And this wonderful comparisn??? Who wrote this crap? They compare universal's hottest rides with fairytales, half of those aren't even 'fairytales.' I thought that a comparisn was suppose to compare two different things of the same group? This compares nothing similar. And they make it sound like WDW does not even have any place to keep your pets. There are four kennels around the park, all of which are kept clean and the people there are twice as friendly as anyone i have ever met that works at Universal. And i just want to point this out, HAHA we have more waterparks than you! Sorry, i just had to get that out They didn't even put up all of the DownTown Disney dining, like Fulton's Crab House.

Hah, thrilling attractions! More like pathetic rides. All i saw was three #-D shows, a laser ride, and a flying cow. The only real thrill there cant even compare to ToT. And if they are counting Men in Black as a thrill ride, where is buzz lightyear? WDW has more 'thrill'rides than what these desperate losers put up. Yea, they counted Goofy's Barnstormer, but lets look at this: Subtract Goofy (not really that much of a rollercoaster) and thats 4 (not counting frekin everest, dumbheads) lets now subtract rides like the barnstormer from universal, and we get a total of... THREE! WOO...

And their crappy version of FASTpass... Only hotel guests get it. And it costs money for other people! Our FASTpass? EVERYONE GET IT FOR FREE.

Yea, the parkhopper costs more money, but thats just disney for you. The rest of the time? Totally pathetic.

My comclusion for this comparisn?? Its a lying cheap scam that proves how pathetic universal is. They need to really stop spending their millions gambling on commercials and pathetic web pages, and more money working on their rides, then MAYBE they will have a small shot at being some good competition for WDW.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Its a lying cheap scam that proves how pathetic universal is.
    No, no.....tell us how you really feel(!)

Blog Entries

Its called Marketing people, and like all marketing it is going to spin. Its also a very old list that has been up for years that no one has really bothered to update in a while.

• Banned User

I wish UNiversal would get off this P-envy they have of WDW. They earn no points and credibility with me when they feel they have to compare themselves or blatantly promote their virtues in regards to WDW. They get a very healthy chunck on the tourists already.. and the park is well known already for what it has to offer.. It's childish and simply stupid for them to compare their offerings, especially since they offer a totally different experience.
    GET OFF IT UNIVERSAL! You are better than that. Don't sink to poor marketing strategies...

Does USH compares itself to DLR all of the time? Because USJ surely doesn't to TDR in Japan...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    They get a very healthy chunck on the tourists already..
    Actually they don't which is why they're doing 7 days for $85 offers.

Again, Universal has a lot of attractions that are comparable, or, dare I say, BETTER than their WDW counterparts, but it isnt enough if people dont know whats there.

And if you think Disney doesn't care about what Universal does, why do you think they have Magical Express and park hopper tickets with extended days only a couple of dollars more? They dont want people to go anywhere else.

BTW, Pteranadon Flyers is technically a rollercoaster, its just a very slow one, MIB is a much more complete and better attraction than Buzz could ever hope to be, and the Spiderman attraction is unmatched in the business.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    No, no.....tell us how you really feel(!)

I really feel that Universal has proven that they are lying, cheap and pathetic.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    Actually they don't which is why they're doing 7 days for $85 offers.
    Actually, they do. You can't not tell me a resort of the size of Universal Orlando, when compared to WDW's hugeness, is not meeting their summer attendance... and trust me, as a UO Aper myself.. I can see how crowded it's been this summer season so far, while parks like EPCOT seem very uncrowded... So in terms of size versus crowd, YES, I feel UO is doing quite well.. May be a different story once the summer is over...

Actually, they do. You can't not tell me a resort of the size of Universal Orlando, when compared to WDW's hugeness, is not meeting their summer attendance... and trust me, as a UO Aper myself.. I can see how crowded it's been this summer season so far, while parks like EPCOT seem very uncrowded... So in terms of size versus crowd, YES, I feel UO is doing quite well.. May be a different story once the summer is over...
    But Im referring to ACTUAL attendance figures, posted last week in the Orlando Business Journal which put IOA behind Sea World for attendance and Universal Studios not much higher.

• Banned User

You have to remember... WDW counts attendance fugures per single click of the turnstyles every day... which means... a guest holding a 5-day passport counts as 5 separate attendances in the year... so you can see how decieving this whole situation can be, and why Universal is doing one on Disney in order to fight their 6++ day passes...?

Furthermore... do you really believe those periodical figures? They have been telling people the MK gets more guests a year over TDL, still, I am yet to see the amount of crowds I see at TDL materialize at the MK. To me, all those attendance reports are rigged to please the local markets... just like any "respectable" Orlando publication would to keep the Mouse happy, and coming back with press perks.

Furthermore... do you really believe those periodical figures? They have been telling people the MK gets more guests a year over TDL, still, I am yet to see the amount of crowds I see at TDL materialize at the MK. To me, all those attendance reports are rigged to please the local markets... just like any "respectable" Orlando publication would to keep the Mouse happy, and coming back with press perks.
    DisneyQuest can seem crowded several days a year as well, but that doesn't tell the story of how many actual people are there all year.

MK has almost year-round mid to high attendance these days, and I'm betting thats not the case with TDL due to climate differences among other things.

• Another trip down I-4

Of course they have to compare themselves to Disney. It's a time/money issue. Think of how many people come in here to ask if it's worth it going to Universal while on their Disney vacation. People plan on going to Disney, and may decide to make a stop at Universal. Convincing people to make that stop is marketing's job. What I think they're really trying to do is market to tweens and young adults - people most drawn to thrill rides and most likely to dismiss Disney as 'for kids.'

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    No you're not!
    Please don't accuse me of not telling the truth - I still have some and when I can, later tonight, I will publish pictures of them.

UPDATE: Pictures of the open ended Fastpass given to us at Disneyland Hotel Paris. You will note they bare our family name! Maybe they are only given to guests staying at a certain level in the Hotels!

Last edited by geoffa; 08-08-2007 at 10:43 AM.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

I think it's stupid for Universal to try and convince people to visit them INSTEAD of Disney. They should try and convince them to visit in addition to Disney. When I go to Orlando I visit both parks and enjoy all of them.

• Pirate - G'har!

I've got a feeling when you stay at the Disneyland Hotel you get different treatment, especially if you booked a parkside room or something. Certainly for the majority of hotels you don't get that pass. I wasn't trying to sound nasty or prove-pointy so sorry if it came across that was

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast