Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

• Disney Dreams

Re: 'Compare to Disney' on Universal's Website

I've always been a HUGE MASSIVE fan of WDW, but I do like Islands of Adventure. But now after seeing this, it makes me sick! Disney NEVER bashes another company like that - and Universal's commercial with the "If I have to hug another princess...." - that was pathetic. Oh, and I love how they "forgot" to add Expedition Everest, which is CLEARLY above most of their rides combined. I've never seen such pathetic marketing in my life - Universal really needs to cut the crap, and if they're not gonna advertise honestly, don't advertise this at all. Disney can advertise their own stuff alone and get millions of people to come, and Universal is SO desperate they've concluded to bashing other companies and "trying" to push theirs to the top.

• KING OF CABMF'S

^^
    Ah yes, you speak the truth WDWGirl
    But, i believe that they 'forgot' to update the list
    It really is sad they have to bash the top dog to make money.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

It seriously IS sad. And I don't think that they realize that in the long-run, they're actually proving to people why they SHOULDN'T visit Universal. Universal scams, cheats, and lies to get to the top. Why would you go there, when you can go to Disney? So when you think about it, they're actually giving you more reasons to go to Disney. So you can't go to Universal.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    It seriously IS sad. And I don't think that they realize that in the long-run, they're actually proving to people why they SHOULDN'T visit Universal. Universal scams, cheats, and lies to get to the top. Why would you go there, when you can go to Disney? So when you think about it, they're actually giving you more reasons to go to Disney. So you can't go to Universal.
    Hehe, i can see their next commercial-
    Come to universal, because disney sucks, and we can teach you how to lie, cheat, and claw your competitor's eyeballs out to get to the top!
    Oh, and some rides and something or other.
    *tickets start at $9.99 per person.
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

well, just like I ignore all of the mishaps Disney has done the past several years (Stitch's Great Escape, Mission Space, Journey into YOUR Imagination, the wand, the BAH) I still go there....so I can ignore stupid marketing strategies by Universal and continue to enjoy the top quality attractions merchandise and food

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    MK has almost year-round mid to high attendance these days, and I'm betting thats not the case with TDL due to climate differences among other things.
    You don't know TDL that well, do you? You'd be surprised how crowded that park can be in the heat, in the rain, in the winter when it's cold.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    well, just like I ignore all of the mishaps Disney has done the past several years (Stitch's Great Escape, Mission Space, Journey into YOUR Imagination, the wand, the BAH) I still go there....so I can ignore stupid marketing strategies by Universal and continue to enjoy the top quality attractions merchandise and food
    I'm not saying that Disney has never had any bad rides or structures, but I'm saying that Disney doesn't cheat their way to the top. I'm also not saying that Universal should close down, or that I'll never visit Islands of Adventure again, because I probably will. I just think it was really pathetic on their part to bash another company to bring themselves to the top.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by fizzog View Post
    I've got a feeling when you stay at the Disneyland Hotel you get different treatment, especially if you booked a parkside room or something. Certainly for the majority of hotels you don't get that pass. I wasn't trying to sound nasty or prove-pointy so sorry if it came across that was
    Apology accepted. We weren't staying concierge level or "Castle view" by the way. I understand they are issued at Newport Bay Club as well.

To get back to the WDW v Universal thread I always view Universal as an add on. I'd never imagine myself staying on property with them - it's just not the same experience. Whether Harry Potter land or whatever they are calling it may change things remains to be seen. When Warner Bros came up with the HP films Disney responded with the Chronicles - bet they wish they'd bought the rights to Hp first!
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Furthermore... do you really believe those periodical figures? They have been telling people the MK gets more guests a year over TDL, still, I am yet to see the amount of crowds I see at TDL materialize at the MK. To me, all those attendance reports are rigged to please the local markets... just like any "respectable" Orlando publication would to keep the Mouse happy, and coming back with press perks.
    TDL used to be reported though as having more guests. Why would they have just started rigging the numbers in the past few years?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by kirbilicious View Post
    TDL used to be reported though as having more guests. Why would they have just started rigging the numbers in the past few years?
    True. I noticed that since Tokyo DisneySea opened, Tokyo Disneyland's attendance has dropped down to around 13 million (while Tokyo DisneySea has been getting around 12 million).
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Yea, the ad is a little purposely edgy. i read it as intentionally giving out some good natured jabs.

As to the comparison in general, i personally consider no visit to Orlando complete without a couple days at Universal. All the adults I know enjoy themselves the most at IOA. We all of course have the most fun at the Disney parks with our whole families.

I have always been impressed with Universal's parks and they have some great stuff as has been mentioned already. Hulk, spiderman, Jurrasic, MIB, Mummy, and the Popeye rapids ride is the best of its kind I have even ridden. The current deal of $85 for 7 days blows away anything else, even though you really only need 3 days max, it's still a deal. I love their express pass thing. To me, avoiding lines is worth almost any amount and not having to worry all day about running around getting fast passes at the right window is certainly nice. If this Harry Potter thing is done right, i think it has the potential to upset the balance over there in Orlando for the foreseeable future. it is definately going to be huge for Universal.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    You don't know TDL that well, do you? You'd be surprised how crowded that park can be in the heat, in the rain, in the winter when it's cold.
    Is that really a good thing that the park is crowded though??
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Quote Originally Posted by Mtnman View Post
    Yea, the ad is a little purposely edgy. i read it as intentionally giving out some good natured jabs.

As to the comparison in general, i personally consider no visit to Orlando complete without a couple days at Universal. All the adults I know enjoy themselves the most at IOA. We all of course have the most fun at the Disney parks with our whole families.

I have always been impressed with Universal's parks and they have some great stuff as has been mentioned already. Hulk, spiderman, Jurrasic, MIB, Mummy, and the Popeye rapids ride is the best of its kind I have even ridden. The current deal of $85 for 7 days blows away anything else, even though you really only need 3 days max, it's still a deal. I love their express pass thing. To me, avoiding lines is worth almost any amount and not having to worry all day about running around getting fast passes at the right window is certainly nice. If this Harry Potter thing is done right, i think it has the potential to upset the balance over there in Orlando for the foreseeable future. it is definately going to be huge for Universal.
    We can't even just begin to think about Disney because of this either...Sea World and Busch Gardens are now rumored to both be building rollercoasters...I think they realize that IOA is going to get a huge boost and they'll need to add something to keep the thrillseekers going to their parks as well...

We all win in the end

Universal is to theme park advertising and comparisons with Disney as AMD is to Microchips and comparisons with intel.

Consumers know a cherry picked comparison when they see one. And all it ends up really doing is to scream.

"HI THERE. WE THOUGHT WE'D LET YOU KNOW THAT WE KNOW WHO OUR DADDY IS."

Quote Originally Posted by WSVR View Post
    Universal is to theme park advertising and comparisons with Disney as AMD is to Microchips and comparisons with intel.

Consumers know a cherry picked comparison when they see one. And all it ends up really doing is to scream.

"HI THERE. WE THOUGHT WE'D LET YOU KNOW THAT WE KNOW WHO OUR DADDY IS."
    And like Universal, AMD gained a TON of ground on Intel in the past decade, so the competiton grows and like I said, we the consumers win.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast