Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Transport to grocery outside WDW?

Hi all. I'm going to WDW in a few weeks and staying inside the park so I won't have a car. Are there any Disney transportation buses that take you outside the park? In particular, any that take you to retail areas outside where a grocery would be?

Thanks.
    --Dan

• May the F=ma be with you

Re: Transport to grocery outside WDW?

Other than DME, Disney busses do not take guests off property. What you can do is take the bus over into one of the DTD resorts and walk to Goodings in the Cross Roads Shopping Center.
    I'm not sure if you want to walk with groceries depending on how much you purchase. You can always take a cab.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by WDW Monorail View Post
    Other than DME, Disney busses do not take guests off property.
    Whats DME?
    I really am getting pissed that i dont know these abbreviations so im just going to ask instead of rack my brain for the answer
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

DME = Disney's Magical Express (the busses that take you from the airport to the hotels & vice versa)

As stated there is no Disney run transportation that takes you off property. Your best bet would be to call Mears for a taxi to take you where you need to go. There's a Gooding's near Downtown Disney, but they're pricey due to their locale. I heard there's a Publix nearby too but not sure where.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    DME = Disney's Magical Express (the busses that take you from the airport to the hotels & vice versa)
    thanks
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

I went to that Goodings last week and the prices are extremely out of whack. I had a car, but I went to SuperTarget on 192, and the prices were "normal." I'm pretty sure there's a SuperWal-Mart closer, but I prefer Target so I'm not sure.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Oooooohhhh... Super Target! Love them!

There's a Gooding's near Downtown Disney, but they're pricey due to their locale. I heard there's a Publix nearby too but not sure where.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm thinking along the lines of getting two or three 24-packs of bottled water and some snack food. So walking would be difficult.

If you're just looking for water and snacks, and you don't want to go as far as SuperTarget on 192, there's a Walgreens not too far down 535 (heading north, I'd say 1/2 mile or so from Crossroads). A cab wouldn't be too much, and I really think that basics like water and snacks would be cheaper than at Goodings.

Seriously...a small bottle of Gatorade, which should be about $1.69 was $3 - ouch! For some strange reason I decided I wanted to try beef jerky for the first time in my 26 years (I'm strange, don't ask), and the cheapest one was $6.00 at Goodings....cost me $3 at Target (oh, and for the record...glad I didn't spend $6, and I will not be tasting it again ).
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Former CM

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    For some strange reason I decided I wanted to try beef jerky for the first time in my 26 years (I'm strange, don't ask), and the cheapest one was $6.00 at Goodings....cost me $3 at Target (oh, and for the record...glad I didn't spend $6, and I will not be tasting it again ).
    I've tried Target Jerkey and it's not that good at all. There is a huge difference between a good brand and a cheap one.

Quote Originally Posted by erick13 View Post
    I've tried Target Jerkey and it's not that good at all. There is a huge difference between a good brand and a cheap one.
    I'll keep that in mind .

For the sake of the Goodings ripoff, though, the brands that were $6 and $7 at Goodings were $4 and $5 at Target...to be fair, I did buy the cheap Target brand .

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by Sabres2006 View Post
    I went to that Goodings last week and the prices are extremely out of whack. I had a car, but I went to SuperTarget on 192, and the prices were "normal." I'm pretty sure there's a SuperWal-Mart closer, but I prefer Target so I'm not sure.
    Here's an interesting article:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...ggoodies.shtml

I seem to recall that Wal Mart is quite a drive away in the Kissimmee direction. They may have built one nearer since our last trip (2002):

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/...nue=&x=35&y=13
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Isn't there a Super Wal-Mart on Turkey Lake Rd now?

• KING OF CABMF'S

There's a super wal-mart everywhere...
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• May the F=ma be with you

Yes, at the intersection of Turkey Lake Road and Sand Lake Road I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast