View Poll Results: Do you want mr. toad's wild ride back?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. Disneyworld has not been the same without it.

35 72.92%
  • No. I never cared for it.

8 16.67%
  • No. Create a new ride for mr. toad

5 10.42%
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Do you miss Toad?

Hello micechatters. This is J Thaddeus Toad. I recently joined micechat after reading the forums for a little while and didn't see many threads about Mr. Toad's wild ride. So i made this thread to discuss mr. toad's absence at the parks. Now I know it's been nearly nine years since mr. toad's eviction from his ride by pooh. But I think that most fans of mr. toad and his ride still miss toad. I think that disney world has passed over other oppurtunities to represent toad (disney stars and motorcars parade) and was curious about whether any of you had ideas as to what disney could do to represent toad (rides, dining, parades and so on...). I personally would like to see mr. toad's wild ride to return to a park probably where the old 20k ride was or where the old millenium village area was next to Uk pavillion. I used to think that disney would never reopen an attraction after closing it but now that disneylands subs are back i think bringing back rides is possible. I just hope it won't need to become Nemo's wild ride to do so. What's your opinions and ideas?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Do you miss Toad?

Welcome to MiceChat! I for one miss Mr Toad very much. It was nice to see it again in Disneyland, but I do miss the double tracks that WDW had, especially when they converged in Town Square.

I have said in a few threads here that Toad would be ideal for the UK pavilion in EPCOT, despite it being based on fictional characters.

Also, for something wonderful about toad, there is a great work in progress call Virtual Toad here
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

sorry about the typo on the poll i was distracted while typing it option 3 was supposed to say No. Create a new attraction for toad. is there a way to fix that?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by J Thaddeus Toad View Post
    sorry about the typo on the poll i was distracted while typing it option 3 was supposed to say No. Create a new attraction for toad. is there a way to fix that?
    If you contact a mod they can fix it for you.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    Welcome to MiceChat! I for one miss Mr Toad very much. It was nice to see it again in Disneyland, but I do miss the double tracks that WDW had, especially when they converged in Town Square.

I have said in a few threads here that Toad would be ideal for the UK pavilion in EPCOT, despite it being based on fictional characters.

Also, for something wonderful about toad, there is a great work in progress call Virtual Toad here
    Thanks for the reply and the link (i've already seen the site but it never hurts to look again). It's great to see that others miss mr. toad too. I also was fortunate enough to visit disneyland (i went last summer) and found myself getting off mr. toad's wild ride only to get back in line for it. I really think removing it at disney world was a mistake and can't ride pooh without thinking about the fun i used to have on mr. toad's wild ride. I don't have a link to it but there are videos on youtube of the two tracks in case anyone hasn't seen them (there not hard to find).

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

I fixed it for ya.
    My 1st time fixing a poll, yay!

Welcome to MC!

I never rode Toad at WDW (that I can remember) but that double track thing aounds cool!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    I fixed it for ya.
    My 1st time fixing a poll, yay!

Welcome to MC!

I never rode Toad at WDW (that I can remember) but that double track thing aounds cool!
    thanks but i meant to say mr. toad not pooh (i know major typo)

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I totally miss Toad Hall. I was part of the "Save Toad" efforts. I think I still have some spare postcards & flyers in a box somewhere around here.

• KING OF CABMF'S

I cant really choose since i never went on this ride. My parents told me that it was too scary towards the end of the ride for someone who was four or five at the time.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Disney Dreams

I had my very first ride on Toad last week, but was a bit shocked at the ending! I couldn't believe it was a Disney ride, let alone a "Fantasyland" ride..... I'm not sure, maybe it's just me who found it somewhat.... odd?

Yes, Toad is one of those rides, where, if they never built it before, and built it today, the ending could cause protests, but thats what made it so interesting as what things could be done back then that can't be now.

I only went on the WDW once, before I heard it was closing, not knowing much about it, but I LOVED it. Yes it was low-tech with 2D flat pieces all over, but it was still such a joyful romp of a dream sequence. I did go on DL's which is also fun, but the WDW one was much better!

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    Yes, Toad is one of those rides, where, if they never built it before, and built it today, the ending could cause protests, but thats what made it so interesting as what things could be done back then that can't be now.

I only went on the WDW once, before I heard it was closing, not knowing much about it, but I LOVED it. Yes it was low-tech with 2D flat pieces all over, but it was still such a joyful romp of a dream sequence. I did go on DL's which is also fun, but the WDW one was much better!
    I agree, the fact that the ride was great in 2D shows how special it was. And I agree that wdw's version was better but dl's is still great.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

thanks but i meant to say mr. toad not pooh (i know major typo)
    ha ha thanks, my fault for not reading your post well enough. Totally (Toadally? ) fixed now!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    ha ha thanks, my fault for not reading your post well enough. Totally (Toadally? ) fixed now!
    Thanks

• Disney Memory Maker

I don't really fit in any of the 3 categories, but "No. I never cared about it" is probably the closest. It's not that I never cared about it, I really did love riding it. But I do like the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh more. Do I want them to bring back the old attraction? No. Do I want them to create a new toad attraction? Not really.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast