• Minion

Can Potter Revive the Kingdomme?

As most know, when Animal Kingdom opened, one of main planned expansions was the "Beastlie Kingdomme" of fantasy creatures. However, nothing happened in this regard for a few years, and then Universal opened Islands of Adventures, featuring the "The Lost Continent" as one of its themed areas. This latter area boasted some similarities to Beastlie Kingdomme due in part to Universal hiring ex-Disney Imagineers who had worked on Animal Kingdom. The similarities to Lost Continent was one of the main reasons why Beastlie Kingdomme plans were shelved...Disney didn't want to look like they were copying Universal. But now, Lost Continent itself is going to undergo radical plastic surgery and be transformed into a Harry Potter land. Could this possibly be an incentive to revive the Beastlie Kindomme? It would no longer to be similar to anything at Universal...plus it could even be Disney's "response" to Potter. The popular Lion King show could easily be moved to the "Africa" section, where it would be a better fit anyway. What do you think? Does Lost Continent's transformation into Potter-land increase the possibility that plans for Beastlie Kindomme - or something akin to it - might be revived?

• KING OF CABMF'S

Re: Can Potter Revive the Kingdomme?

I think its funny that Disney Channel shows Harry potter movies occasionally. Its like advertising this new land at Universal Studios pretty much.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Sad Re: Can Potter Revive the Kingdomme?

I would love it if potter would revive many things at disney world (update fantasyland, add more attractions around the world showcase, go back to filming disney shows in front of guest at disney-mgm studios, and revive the kingdomme at ak) but i think that wdw won't do this because they honestly will still get millions of guest a year without it because they are disney world. Unless everyone goes to universal for a while (and i mean everyone). Sorry if this sounds blunt because i really do wish and hope that kingdomme would happen (everyone knows ak needs it) and i do not want to sound discouraging.

• white and nerdy

When I worked at Disney-MGM, they sold Harry Potter books at the Tower of Terror gift shop....

Anyone know if that's still going on?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Hola Yola!

I think people need to give up on Beastlie Kingdomme. As far as I'm aware it's not even on the radar and I'm pretty sure Joe Rhode said it was never going to happen.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Cliff View Post
    I think people need to give up on Beastlie Kingdomme. As far as I'm aware it's not even on the radar and I'm pretty sure Joe Rhode said it was never going to happen.
    Beastlie Kindomme or not, I think they are bound to do something with that land. I believe the general concensus is that Animal Kingdom needs to expand if it is going to become a full-day park for all people, and remain a viable park in the long term. Without altering the route of roads around the park, the only place for major expansion is the old Beastlie Kingdomme area (there is also a smaller patch of land in Dinoland, or the possibility of expanding "Asia" or "Africa" into the Rafiki area). I know what Rohde has said in the past to the contrary...but just wondered whether the shake-up in Disney top brass, plus demise of "Lost Continent", would change that.