Candlelight Processional Question

We'll be visiting WDW in December and we have purchased the dinner plan. We already have reservations for Coral Seas at 7:30 PM on December 18th (using one of our dinner credits). Can we add on the Candlelight Processional to our reservation, and if so, does it cost extra?

• Another trip down I-4

Re: Candlelight Processional Question

The Candlelight Processional at EPCOT doesn't cost anything to view. However, to be guaranteed a seat, purchasing a package deal with dinner is your best option.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Your best bet is to call WDW Dining back, and ask that question. From what I understand, from making my own reservations, is that the restaurants are paired up with certain different seating times at the Candlelight Processional. In order to view it, you may have to change your time, and/or your restaurant.

The good thing is that making the reservation only takes one table service from the dining plan.

However, you should call immediately, in order to guarantee that you will be able to get seated.

Unfortunately, they will not let you just add on a Candelight package to an existing ADR. I had an 11:30 AM Le Cellier lunch reservation with hopes of adding on the 5 PM Candelight show, and they made me switch to a 1:45 PM reservation. I was not happy at all about that. It just seems so odd. But, they're wanting to keep all the regular hours available for non-CP folks.

Here's the time slots for CP dining reservations according to mouseplanet.

"Those viewing the 5:00 p.m. performance will actually have their meal during lunch hours, with seatings between 1:45 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. Those wishing to attend the 6:45 p.m. performance will need to be willing to eat dinner with seating times between 3:30 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. The 8:15 p.m. performance is the only one with close to normal meal times, with reservations between 5:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m."

You don't actually pay for the CP package until the day of the event. You need to leave a credit card number to hold the reservation in case of a no-show. The CP package in most cases costs more than selecting an appetizer, entree, drink, & dessert on your own. It also does not include gratuity.