Ok, Disney-MGM is getting rebranded as 'Disney's Hollywood' studios. I personally never thought the park made much thematic sense at all (I'm not saying I dislike the place or anything like that) but had a huge deal of potential. Here's what I think could be done with this rebranding to create a more thematically sensible park and general improvements.
1. A general re-imagineering of the concept of the lands in the park, the new idea being that the front half of the park (echo lake up to Indy, hollywood blvd, sunset blvd) become an idealistic recreation of old fashioned Hollywood with the lake itself being destroyed and there built a clear gateway between old hollywood and the other half, a modern LA studio (the same but less extravagent would be done on the other borders). This concept would be moderately simple and just a re-defining of the idea of the park moreso than physical changes, for instance the park map could really establish this with the land sizes/positions to made more like a front/back old/modern design.
2. Get ride of the socrcerer's hat. This is just my personal gripe really, but it would make the above concept make sense and not ruin the view down Hollywood Blvd.
3. The Great Movie Ride being replaced with WDS's fantastic Cinemagique, one of the greatest Disney attractions I've been on and a masterpiece of imagineering. I also don't like the concept/actuality of the great movie ride but I know it has many fans.
4. A general revitalisation of the Animation Courtyard to make it more of an established, colourful land, ie paint splashes everywhere and generally more colour as well as established entrances at the two entrances it has and possibly new attractions.
5. This links to the above, but the modern studio section is divided into departments, ie the animation department (The Magic of Disney Imagination, Toy Story Mania, possibly Crush's Coaster) the backlot (streets of America, Backlot Tour, Muppetvision 3D, Lights, Motors, Action, ), the sound department (sounds dangerous and possibly a new E-Ticket based on Fantasia), Effects Department (Star Tours, Indiana Jones, a new alien encounter with the movie alien? an enhanced armageddon), Production Central (Journey Into Narnia, One Man's Dream, a new production-related attraction)
These ideas are rough, maybe even impossible, I haven't spent as much time on this as I normally do on my tedious armchair imagineering threads but what do y'all think and what do you want to see with this rebranding?