Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Do parks have ID bracelets for kids?

I think it is the parents responsibility to take care of their own children. If the parent wants the child to have an ID bracelet with their mobile number that's fine, but I don't think it's Disney's responsibility to provide it.

As far as babysitting goes, even though that is probably not what the original poster suggested, that would more likely happen. Parents become complacent(sp) and figure if something happens or my kid wanders off they've got the bracelet on and a cast member will call me.

Some people think that just because they are at Disney, Disney has to provide everything for their children. Grow up people, you had the little carpet munchers, you keep an eye on them.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    Firstly you try to ensure that any child is dealt by a female where possible.
    That seems a bit sexist.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisneyInquisitor View Post
    Is the address so you can mail the kid home if all else fails?
    haha i was thinking the same thing
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    No, but you could always make your own up, if that might help you or make you feel a bit better.
    I was going to agree with what Wolfy said here, but apparently you didn't like that answer.

While another park might do this, Disney does not. They have their own way of helping reunite lost children to their parents or lost parents to their kids via Guest Relations. However, I have seen many parents create their own form of this wristband concept. Either by a little paper around their neck, information inside the bottom of their pin lanyward, etc. it is done from time to time.

Part of this is liability. If Disney starts giving these out, parents might have a false sense of security and this could open up potiential lawsuits if something happened to a child. Disney would have no way to verify the information is correct.

You can get ID kits from your local police dept.

I would also recommend taking a picture of your kid(s) that day either on you camera phone or digital camera, that way you have a current photo and the clothes they were wearing, making it easier to identify them if lost.

• Geoff London

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    That seems a bit sexist.
    Not at all. Given the litigeous society we have these days there is less likelihood of any accusations of mal-practice. It is done for the child's safety and also that of the employees. Regretably, it is a sad idictment of our society today.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

• Banned User

I still find it to be sexist. Sorry.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
    Not at all. Given the litigeous society we have these days there is less likelihood of any accusations of mal-practice. It is done for the child's safety and also that of the employees. Regretably, it is a sad idictment of our society today.
    Just because you are using a statistic doesn't mean it isn't sexism. That would be using these statistics to say they should only hire white cops when they can.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Banned User

So Mikey, do you always get your WDW child ID everytime you visit the parks? I mean, I am sure they are as easy to get and paste on as those pesky "Happy Birthday" stickers... and we adults would not want you to get lost.

• She was sweet as a peach

I am not that comfortable with the idea of the id tags. What if someone came up to a lost child and (after reading the tag) says "Hey (insert name) you mommy and daddy told me to take you back to the hotel. I see you are from (insert address here)-me too!"
    Granted that is an extreme example.

• Banned User

But a very possible situation. GREAT POINT^^^

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    I am not that comfortable with the idea of the id tags. What if someone came up to a lost child and (after reading the tag) says "Hey (insert name) you mommy and daddy told me to take you back to the hotel. I see you are from (insert address here)-me too!"
    Granted that is an extreme example.
    Hmmmmm. I'll certainly grant that it's extreme. :-) But I can't share that concern. Here's why: that's kind of like saying that you're not comfortable with the idea of seat belts. What if the wreck you're in just happens to be one where you get trapped in a burning (or sinking) car and you can't get out because the seat belt gets stuck. The fact is that the vast majority of wrecks are the kinds where having a seatbelt on will save your life. So much so that you're are most certainly much safer with one on than off. (I actually heard this argument, BTW, when the seat belt law was passed here in Kentucky many years ago.)

By the same token, the vast majority of the time, if a child gets lost, it would be very helpful to have some form of ID on him/her with your name and mobile phone number. The chances that your lost child would run into a psycho child abductor in the middle of the Magic Kingdom are so slim as to be negligible...hardly something to raise concerns about the safety of having ID on your child.

Fear of child abductions are a product of media influence: the way that TV and newspapers highlight every single extreme case gives us an out-of-proportion fear of something that is actually extremely rare. On top of that, most child abductions are perpetrated by someone who knows the child (often a family member). Rarely are they the psycho stranger that we see in thriller movies.

This has probably been the most bizarre thread I've ever come across. It started out with such a simple question. Thank you, SaneVoice, for answering it, BTW.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Then why not just put your cellphone number on the bracelet and leave everything else blank?
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Then why not just put your cellphone number on the bracelet and leave everything else blank?
    The last thing mom needs is to have a perv call her cellphone and heavy breath...

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    The last thing mom needs is to have a perv call her cellphone and heavy breath...
    im pretty sure the cellphone idea was stated in the original post.
    So, you'd rather have this perv know EVERYTHING about the child, at least having the cellphone number and leaving everything else blank is safer. And as stated before, the chance of the bracelet being use against you is less likely then it to be used in your favor tyvm.
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast