Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Do parks have ID bracelets for kids?

At Holiday World in southern Indiana, when you first walk in the gates you can get plastic ID bracelets for your children, on which you can write their names, your name and your mobile phone number, in case they get lost.

Do the theme parks within WDW have such things?

Thanks
    --Dan

• Can't get enough!

Re: Do parks have ID bracelets for kids?

not that i have seen!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Still wants to be a cat!

No, but you could always make your own up, if that might help you or make you feel a bit better.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Banned User

Having bracelets for kids would be cost prohibitive at WDW. They are not into offering service they would concider "baby sitting", reason why they have banned some kids off DTD who were being dropped off by parents on a regular basis.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Yea, like TDLFAN said, Disney is not a babysitting service. And the closest thing to a bracelet that WDW gives out are for Extra magic hours, and thats a different story.
    ADD ME.[:

WHAT I'VE LEARNED FROM MICECHAT...
    1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    3. IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 24, YOU'RE AN 'EISNER BRAT.'
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    5. YOU CAN EXCPECT TO BE BADLY REPPED IF YOU TRY AND MAKE A SERIOUS POINT.
    6. YOU ARENT TAKEN SERIOUS IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF 16.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Yea...Disney is not a babysitting service.

Um...dudes, who said anything about babysitting? I'm not talking about dropping my kids off at DTD or MK or anywhere else. I'm talking about a simple precaution to safeguard against the remote possibility that one of my kids gets lost. The same kind of simple safeguard that most families do when they determine a central meeting place to go to if they get separated. Sure it's rare, and you do everything you can to keep track of your kids, but it can happen.

Wolfy999's snide remark aside, having ID and contact info on the child is a great way to allow any adult who comes across your child to be able to contact you right away. Your 3- or 4-year-old might not be able to go to a central meeting place or remember your mobile phone number.

I'm really surprised Disney doesn't offer these. I don't think supplying those cheap little disposable bracelets like the kind you get at hospitals to parents would exactly break Disney's budget. It certainly doesn't seem to hurt Holiday World, and they aren't nearly as rich as Disney.

Anyway, for any of you conscientious parents who are interested, these look ideal:
    http://www.id-inside.com/

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danfluidmind View Post
    Wolfy999's snide remark aside, having ID and contact info on the child is a great way to allow any adult who comes across your child to be able to contact you right away. Your 3- or 4-year-old might not be able to go to a central meeting place or remember your mobile phone number.

Anyway, for any of you conscientious parents who are interested, these look ideal:
    http://www.id-inside.com/
    Um... dude... Wolfys remark was not a snide comment. She merely offered the suggestion that rather than rely on a amusement park to provide them for you, that you could always come up with something on you own... which is exactly what you did by providing a link to a product that does exactly the same thing.

I see you are new here. Welcome to MiceChat but please be respectful and cautious when posting, as it is very easy to misinterpret the meanings and intentions of what people post without verbal and or visual clues, with only the written word, as you have already found out.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Um...dudes, who said anything about babysitting? I'm not talking about dropping my kids off at DTD or MK or anywhere else. I'm talking about a simple precaution to safeguard against the remote possibility that one of my kids gets lost. The same kind of simple safeguard that most families do when they determine a central meeting place to go to if they get separated. Sure it's rare, and you do everything you can to keep track of your kids, but it can happen.
    Well, its not like a chuck e cheese, you are really responsible for your own children. CMs are all over so if anyone ever gets lost then they can find one of the CMs. A good idea would be to meet up is anyone gets lost at a certain spot (like in front of the castle)
    I was thinking for a second about walkie talkies but thats not exactly convenient.
    Other than that its not like disney stamps your arm so they know who are with, nor do they have any special bracelets if someone gets lost. You could always get a bracelet and put the contact information on it, its not like disney has to do that
    ADD ME.[:

1. IF YOU APPRECIATE SOMETHING THAT ISN'T THE MAJORITY OPINION, YOU'RE NOT WANTED HERE.
    2. IF THERE'S CHIPPED PAINT IN THE QUEUE FOR A LINE, EXPECT SOMEONE TO WRITE OUT A BIG STORY BASHING IT. WOOHOO.
    4. PEOPLE WHO ARE DEEMED AS 'MODERATORS' AND OTHER ADMINISTRATION ARE MORE IMPORTANT DIETIES THAN JESUS CHRIST.
    7. AS AN ADD-ON TO #6, YOU SHOULD BE TREATED AS A SUBORDINATEIF YOU ARE IN A THEME PARK WAITING 30 MINUTES IN LINE FOR A DRINK WHILE SOMEONE HAS TO RECOUNT PIZZAS.
    8. "Disney may not care to hear your comments, but we do." WTFFF??? THIS ISN'T A DISNEY FAN FORUM, IT'S A DISNETY BASHING SITE.
    9. CERTAIN PEOPLE OVER ANALYZE A SIMPLE THREAD AND CONSIDER IT TO BE A CONTRACT FULL OF LOOPHOLES THAT HE/SHE CAN GET AROUND.
    AND FINALLY...
    10. PROLONGED USE OF THIS SITE CAN CAUSE AN EXTREME HATE OF DISNEY AND ALL DISNEY RELATED THINGS.

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by evanescence4ever View Post
    Well, its not like a chuck e cheese, you are really responsible for your own children.
    You should be responsible for your kids even at Chuck E Cheese.

• KING OF CABMF'S

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    You should be responsible for your kids even at Chuck E Cheese.
    Well, what i was getting at was that WDW and places like that are totally different.
    Chuck e cheese, pretty much kids are running around every which way, and you really need a parent with the matching id to leave.
    And its kinda impossible to handle your kids at chuck e cheese.

WDW is very different. It is a large area that thousands of people are at, its an open area (unlike chuck e cheese, where the only way you can get out is with a parent with the matching id stamp) so basically a stranger can walk up to a lost kid, grab him or her by the arm and drag said child out of the park without much question. But on the other hand at CEC, everyone has a unique id stamp, so a stranger cant actually walk away with a kid.

I know that somkeone can still find a way around the systen but my point is that you cant really follow your kids around in CEC the entire time, but dont have alot to fear because there is one exit and groups leaving are required to have matching stamps
    ADD ME.[:

AND FINALLY...

M-U-H Muhfukka.
    [:

The answer to your question, Dan, is that the Theme Parks Guest Relations have little ID Tags to attach to your childs clothing, in the event they become lost. The tag contains areas where you can affix your Address, Local Address, Cell Phone number and Home Phone Number.

Its not a bracelet, but they do have something to help you out

Glad I could answer your question

Who would have thought that such a simple question would be such a hassle, really Chuck-E-Cheese..... only on MC

Thanks SaneVoice for actually trying to help another member, your username seems very fitting.

• Disney Memory Maker

Quote Originally Posted by SaneVoice View Post
    The tag contains areas where you can affix your Address, Local Address, Cell Phone number and Home Phone Number.
    Is the address so you can mail the kid home if all else fails?

At Holiday World in southern Indiana, when you first walk in the gates you can get plastic ID bracelets for your children, on which you can write their names, your name and your mobile phone number, in case they get lost.
    Along with what was said before, Disney stresses many times that if a child gets lost, they immediately find a Cast Member. To me, that is the best possible thing that can happen. If you tell your child to find a person who works there, then all you have to do is find a CM and the two of you see each other quite fast.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

• Can't get enough!

i doubt disney would hand these out for the same reason they don't have straws at animal kingdom. can you imagine how many of these plastic bracelets would be thrown on the ground!!!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

• Geoff London

Let me say straight off that I don't work in an amusement or theme park (although some would say that's exactly what London Underground is.) We have strict guidelines re lost children. Firstly you try to ensure that any child is dealt by a female where possible, you don't give 'em candy or drinks except water and when making any announcement you NEVER use the child's name. You merely give a description of the clothing and the sex and age (or age approximation) of the child. I can see why Disney say to tell the child to go to a CM - it's the safest route. Likewise if you loose a child go to a CM. I really don't think the answer is to "dog tag" a child. As for real young children why not use "reins". I'm horrified at the number of kids that are allowed to wander in public places without proper supervision.
    Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast