Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Nutty about Disney parks

I've arrived! College Program (hoot and woot!)

Celebrate or say yo or whatever if you have arrived at Disney World for the start of the college program fall 07!!!
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Fightin' Texas Aggie

Re: I've arrived! College Program (hoot and woot!)

Aww...I just got back.(Got back Saturday) I miss it already. Have a great time!

where have you worked ?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Celebrate or say yo or whatever if you have arrived at Disney World for the start of the college program fall 07!!!
    Awesome! I am super excited for you! I wish you the best of luck as you start 'The Jouney That Changed You.'

I'm curious - what complex are you living in and what classes are you taking, if any? Also, what is your role/work location. Please feel free to PM me and let me know when you do.

• white and nerdy

how fun. It was the best job I've ever had.

I worked Area 50 merch at the Disney MGM studios (Tower of Terror, Rockin' Rollercoaster, and Fantasmic).

Had a lot of fun, made a lot of friends, and met my wife.

Best of luck
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Banned User

Poor thing. Another victim has landed. Oh well.. have fun at the Ale House on 535. I will invite you to a soda.

Have a blast! i will tell you the first month is the hardest month to be there, i did the fall of 2005 there. but keep with it, no matter how hard it may get, if you stick with it and you make it to the end, it will all be worth while!!!! have fun!!!!

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Have an amazing time! I was there way back when Vista Way was the only complex, I didn't have to do anything for school to get credit, there was a summer only program and we did a 10 class, 1 hour lecture series.

Best time I ever had, even working Liberty Square custodial! I loved it so much I went back and worked for 6 years in entertainment at the MK and Studios (Yay opening Fant! Look down, I'm in every picture. The second in on the top row is from my CP Grad Ball when it was still held in a hotel.).

You will love it and hopefully make some wonderful friends like I did. 14 years later I still keep in constant touch with 2 people from my program even though we all live in different states.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by SorcererMickey View Post

Best time I ever had, even working Liberty Square custodial! I loved it so much I went back and worked for 6 years in entertainment at the MK and Studios (Yay opening Fant! Look down, I'm in every picture. The second in on the top row is from my CP Grad Ball when it was still held in a hotel.).

Is that a topless Minnie?
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

In the early animation neither Mickey nor Minnie wore tops. Just shorts or a skirt. But, yes, Minnie is wearing her bloomers, gloves, pumps and a sailor hat.

• Nutty about Disney parks

here's the 4-1-1 on what I'm doing

Living in: Chatham Square
    Class: Exploring Communication Processes (since it's just a voluntary work shop I dont really have to take it, I am still deciding on that)

Job: Walt Disney Entertainment (costuming)
    I will be backstage at shows. I am located at random places throughout the resort depending on where I am needed.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

I can't respond on Chatham since I've never seen it. Costuming sounds like it will be fun. Characters are usually a fun, friendly, crazy bunch and you should enjoy working in that area. I know how much I appreciated my costumers during shows, expecially in DisneyMania when I had 1min 13sec to run backstage, change from Mickey to Roger and be back onstage. It took 5 people to help out. I had one costumer, Gary, who I believe is now a manager somewhere that was my hero during Fant!. If you ever run into a costuming manager named Gary who is larger and always happy tell him his red headed Sorcerer says hi.

• I was deleted.

Aww, awesome! I would say GO FOR IT on the course. While none of them are required along with the program it's a great idea to take one. The Exploration Series is also a lot of fun as you get to learn how things are done as you visit different locations. And since I also know a number of entertainment CMs I know you'll have a lot of fun working backstage at the shows! I wish you the best of luck and feel free to PM me if you want to meet up when I'm there visiting this weekend and next week!

i love working in custodial in Liberty square i just finish a summer alumni program in custodial.

have fun on your program that all i can say enjoy it.

• Beware of Mutant Mickey!

I'm living offsite in another complex right now for my CP, its very nice. I just extended and will soon be moving to EPCOT! (w00t!)
    But welcome to the world, make the best of your time here, whatever that means to you.

(Yay opening Fant! Look down, I'm in every picture.
    Hmm, I don't think I've ever seen the ChibiMoon Character.

Best hold on to Your Hats and Glasses, 'cause this heres the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast