Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dinner reservations the morning of at Epcot?

Back in 1995 my wife and I passed through Orlando for one day on our way back from a Barbershop convention in Miami and went to Epcot. When we first entered we went to an area just to the left of the entrance and were able to speak with a person over a video conference and make a reservation at one of the restaurants (I believe we went to China).

Can that still be done, or is it now pretty much impossible to do that since all of the restaurants get filled up so far in advance?

Thanks
    --Dan

• Little Miss Sunshine

Re: Dinner reservations the morning of at Epcot?

The screens are no longer there, and it's better to reserve ahead of time. Restaurants like Le Cellier should be reserved up to 6 months in advance. Others aren't so difficult.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Day of will be tough. You may have to eat either early or late.

Alfredos use to have walk-up for their al fresco area. No revervations needed (or accepted) you wait in line until a table opens. I don't know if they are still doing that under the new ownership (or actualy the interim ownership right now)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Day of will be tough. You may have to eat either early or late.

Alfredos use to have walk-up for their al fresco area. No revervations needed (or accepted) you wait in line until a table opens. I don't know if they are still doing that under the new ownership (or actualy the interim ownership right now)

-dave
    There are certain restaurants like Morocco and Germany which likely will have tables.

I'd call ahead, at least a little bit (for more availability).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    There are certain restaurants like Morocco and Germany which likely will have tables.

I'd call ahead, at least a little bit (for more availability).

When are they going down again. I tell you, it's getting bad. I was there a while back (June / July I want to say) and there were nights I could not get a dinner reservation ANYWHERE in Epcot, and that was calling a week ahead.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Little Miss Sunshine

When are they going down again. I tell you, it's getting bad. I was there a while back (June / July I want to say) and there were nights I could not get a dinner reservation ANYWHERE in Epcot, and that was calling a week ahead.

-dave
    The dining plan has really put a crimp in things for last-minute reservations. The two places I've always been offered last-minute are Germany and Morocco. But there certainly may be times that nothing at all is available.

It is amazing to think that one has to book months in advance just to eat at many restaurants. I'm local, and lunches aren't too much of a problem a week or two out - sometimes a few days or less out. Dinners are harder.

The best thing to do is to make the reservation ahead, when you know what day you'll be there.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

A week and a half from now. We'll be arriving the morning of Aug 26th (Sunday) and probably spending the second half of that day at Epcot. Then probably go to Epcot again on Tuesday. I tried to make a reservation at Alfredo di Roma for Sunday night, but they were all booked.

What if we wanted to eat at around 4:30? Do you think it would be difficult to get in at that time? What time do the main dinner reservations normally start?

Thanks
    --Dan

On Sunday 8/5, I was in the mood for a solo nice meal, and went to Le Cellier at about 3:15 to see if they had any availability that night or were accepting walk-ins. The CM said they were filled up, closed from 3-4 (not seating any new tables), and not to bother coming back...hmph, no steak for me.

I decided to try San Angel Inn, and at about 3:35 or so I was seated immediately and had a great meal. I would definitely say your chances of getting something early, (4:30, as you mentioned) are better, but still....

....it's just hard to say. Good luck, though! I'll say that compared to other parks, the counter-restaurants at Epcot are pretty darn good, IMO, and there's usually a good amount of seating. So, at least you'll have some interesting counter options if you don't end up getting a table.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by danfluidmind View Post
    A week and a half from now. We'll be arriving the morning of Aug 26th (Sunday) and probably spending the second half of that day at Epcot. Then probably go to Epcot again on Tuesday. I tried to make a reservation at Alfredo di Roma for Sunday night, but they were all booked.

What if we wanted to eat at around 4:30? Do you think it would be difficult to get in at that time? What time do the main dinner reservations normally start?

Thanks
    --Dan

You may be able to get a Walk-up at Alfredo's. Reservations - be it walk-up or "pre-reserved" are for the inside only. The outside has no reservations, walk-up or otherwise. They also do not take names and call you. You MUST wait in a line - unless they have changed it since June.

I would say, that if you want to eat outside and you get there around 4:00 -4:30 there would be almost no wait. Wander by and see if there is a line forming, and base your actions accordingly. The al fresco dining "counter" is not the same as the indoor dining one.

-dave

• Little Miss Sunshine

If you want to eat at 4:30, I'd call and see if there were reservations anywhere for that time and have a backup reservation (in case you can't walk into the restaurant you want).

Remember you also have the Boardwalk area restaurants - Spoodles, Flying Fish, Cape May Cafe, Yachtsmans, etc. etc. also, just a walk out of World Showcase.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Blog Entries

The counter restaurants are great at Epcot, I especially love the one in the Land. However as others have said you can't do the video conference anymore. And most restaurants do book up early although I've always been offered Morocco and Germany everytime. Don't care much for Morocco but Germany was a lot of fun.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole View Post
    The counter restaurants are great at Epcot, I especially love the one in the Land.

[off topic]

Don't get me started on the sandwiches.

Turkey and Muenster Cheese on Foccacia...........

[/resume topic]

• Master Gracey's Bane

Dining at Epoct is top notch!
    I really liked China and Norway for a change of pace. Le Cellier didn't impress me much, but maybe I went in with totally unreasonable expectations.
    Do NOT pull down on the safety bar, please...I will lower it for you...

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    If you want to eat at 4:30, I'd call and see if there were reservations anywhere for that time and have a backup reservation (in case you can't walk into the restaurant you want).

Remember you also have the Boardwalk area restaurants - Spoodles, Flying Fish, Cape May Cafe, Yachtsmans, etc. etc. also, just a walk out of World Showcase.

See, this is another part of the problem, and I am not trying to single you out nobodyhome. Because of the difficulity in getting walk ups, people make "back up" reservations. This takes away yet ANOTHER reservation spot a the restaruant. Even if people are "nice" and cancel, they are doing so the day of the reservation. This just screws up the whole reservation system more. It really is becomming a grand mess.

-dave

See, this is another part of the problem...Because of the difficulity in getting walk ups, people make "back up" reservations. This takes away yet ANOTHER reservation spot a the restaruant.
    Perhaps they should come up with some way to modify their registration system in such a way that it doesn't allow you to make reservations at two restaurants in the same park during the same time period, similar to the way they keep track of Fastpasses.
    I doubt, therefore I might be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast