Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Harmony Barber Shop on Mainstreet, MK

So I've always wanted to try this Barbershop... but I know that it's not always open (it wasn't last time I was there). Does anyone know what the hours are? I can't find it on the official DisneyWorld site. Also, has anyone used them before? Any recommendations for the name of a particularly good barber there?

And just curious... are there any other barbershops that anyone knows about on the Disney property? I was thinking that some of those hotels must have a barbershop on the premises (not a beauty salon... a real barbershop).

And just for the heck of it, do any Orlando locals have the name of a good barber anywhere in the area? I always like to try new ones when I travel and I'm always on the lookout (I found an awesome one near Miami!)

TIA!
    Last edited by DOOM BGI; 08-16-2007 at 01:14 AM.
    --Jonathan

Re: Harmony Barber Shop on Mainstreet, MK

To the best of my knowledge, they are open everyday, but only from 9 am to 4:30.

Sometimes they take their last seating as early as 4:00 in order to get everything done on time, but the real time to go is very early or 3:00 parade time.

In terms of the good barbers in the area, I really enjoyed Carrs Barber Club of Celebration, near Market Street, but its been about a year since I went

• She was sweet as a peach

My husband has been to the barbershop a couple of times. We are going to try to take our daughter there tomorrow for her very first haircut.

• I was deleted.

Hehe DOOM BGI, ask sealsm - she gets her hair cut by the SAME CM each year. I'm not quite sure about the hours, but maybe I can do some digging and find out this week if no one else knows. yoyo's brother got his hair cut there last year and a number of my friends have while they have been there also, but with my hair... I've always been quite hesitant myself.

I do know of a good salon, but I'm not quite sure if I'd call them a barber shop. Good luck when your search.

• World Traveler

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    I always like to try new ones when I travel and I'm always on the lookout (I found an awesome one near Miami!)
    Where in Miami? I go to the barber shop next door to my office! LOL

I got my hair cut at the Magic Kingdom once, just for the fun of it and to say I did it. It was ok. Much more fun for the kids and their parents. They even throw "pixie dust" on you after the haircut.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Do you have to make reservations for a cut? Any idea of prices? Been wanting to do this, but completely forgot last time we were there. Going again in October, so would like to plan for this time round.
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Do you have to make reservations for a cut? Any idea of prices? Been wanting to do this, but completely forgot last time we were there. Going again in October, so would like to plan for this time round.
    Good question Wolfy! Is there like a signup sheet or something? I saw the prices in the shop once on a trip earlier this year; I can't remember exactly but I think it was like around $15 or $17... definitely less than $20 as that is my limit for a barbershop cut!
    --Jonathan

• Banned User

Wait there is a real barbershop in the magic kingdom? I didn't even know that. I thought those were all facades.

I don't know how much things have changed in the four years since I got my hair cut there but I have a description of what transpired and several pictures from when I visited on my website.

http://www.startedbyamouse.com/featu...rberShop.shtml

Matt
    "I Only Hope That We Never Lose Sight Of One Thing,
    That It Was All Started By A Mouse." - Walt Disney
    http://www.StartedByAMouse.com

• Irrational Mr. Toad Fan

As of December '06 it was $14 to get my hair cut. I don't know if it's changed since then.

• Gt Big Beautiful Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI View Post
    Good question Wolfy! Is there like a signup sheet or something?
    Nope, it's a proper Barber Shop, get in line and wait your turn. But it really is aimed more at kids. With zany antics, colored gel Mickey's and pixie dust. Our daughter had her first cut here and was given a pair of embroidered mouse ears with "1st Haricut", a certificate, and some of her locks were bagged up. My avatar is her in the barber chair!

The Dapper Dan Barber Shop at Disneyland Paris is aimed at grown men - straight razor shaves, hot towels, lovely pampering hair cut experiences that take time. Wonderful.

Either way, if in Orlando or Paris I like to stop by, and this is one of the things these parks have over the original.
    Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

We just went on Friday to have our daughter get her first haircut. She is two and a half and her fair really needed a trim! She acted like she got her hair cut every week-a total pro.

The barber put it in a really pretty bun when she was finished.

• Still wants to be a cat!

It sounds like they only do Children's cuts and Men's cuts.......how about us ladies?
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

I had my haircut there a couple of years ago.
    In her trip report (a couple of months ago) sealsm got her hair cut there as well.

They don't do anything fancy (except a little colored gel and pixie dust ) but if you want a basic cut, it is a fun place to go.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    It sounds like they only do Children's cuts and Men's cuts.......how about us ladies?

It's a barbershop

Sorry, LOL, just had to do that. I don't know about FL, but here in NJ they are doing away with barbers, and now people must be beauticians. Or at least thats what my old barber told me. I guess because it was sexist in a way.

Interesting thing is my new barber is a woman, and she only cuts mens hair.

I wish the WDW barber was more "old fashoned" where you could get a shave with soap, a brush, a straight razor, a strop, and some hot towels. And read some Field & Stream, Outdoor Life, and Sorts Illustrated while you waited

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast