• I Miss WDW

Peterhead, Scotland (i.e. Way too far away!)

I'm a VIP!! Woohoo!

Just got a phone call from WDW and since Teppanyaki won't be refurbished in time for our reservation they have asked us to reserve somewhere else and suggested Coral Reef which we agreed to, but for the inconvenience caused we are getting VIP seating for Illuminations! Woohoo! I know its probably not a big deal to most of you but I'm mostly excited for getting my badge saying im a disney VIP!

Was wondering whereabouts the seating is? and if any one has any reviews of the Coral Reef restaurant?

Thanks guys!

• Can't get enough!

Re: I'm a VIP!! Woohoo!

that's a nice surprise!! congrats!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Good deal! I've never had VIP seating for Illuminations....be sure to give us a report after you go!

I've never eaten at Coral Reef, but my grandma and aunt love it (they're big seafood fans). I know they have some non-seafood offerings that are quite good as well (someone on here posted about getting steak awhile back, I believe).

Here's a link to the menu for Coral Reef:
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

Cool Re: I'm a VIP!! Woohoo!

Congrats! That sounds awesome, and I would be pretty proud to if I got upgraded to WDW VIP status.
    Coral Reef is an all around great restaurant. One whole side of the restaurant is the aquarium, and since it's not a huge restaurant, you get a good view pretty much no matter where you sit and you will see all kinds of sea-life swimming by (the sea turtle likes to lay on the bottom by the glass). Both times I've been the service was really good. I've had a few things from there, the blackened catfish is good but spicy, and the pan fried tilapia is pretty good, but I would have to recommend the Grilled Mahi Mahi over Israeli couscous in a honey soy glaze, it's my favorite! Of course I am assuming that you like seafood, if not they do have a chicken dish and a steak dish.
    Enjoy for VIP experience!

• Done and Gone

When the news started leaking out about it being closed, I called immediately and got our party of 8 seated elsewhere. Then she mentioned the VIP thing and I said yes of course. We had an illuminations cruise set for the day in question, so I just switched it to the MK fireworks cruise. I was just happy to get a reservation somewhere, but the VIP thing was an added bonus. Kudos WDW. (And congrats to you! lol)

• WDW Fant! Premiere Cast

Lobster bisque all the way!!

Perhaps VIP is between France and the bridge before England. I remember a spot always roped off for VIP there.

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quite a few people are being offered this, congrats! Some are not though - so if anyone isn't, then ask.

Someone told me that the seating would be at the front of WS, in between the two shops. I don't know if that is definite, it was someone who had gotten a call.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

Congrats...enjoy your dinner and the show!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

• Super Old Guy

The Coral Reef is one of my favorite restaurants in WDW, for the ambiance as well as the excellent food. Arrive a bit early and ask for a seat down by the glass. You may have to wait 20 minutes or so, but it's really worth it to be right there, gazing up into the tank, as a large variety of sealife swims by. Great restaurants!

• Minion

Congrats, Josey! I can't help with the Illuminations question. I will add to what others have said about the Coral Reef - very nice place with an unbelievable view of the aquarium. I also had the grilled Mahi and was fairly pleased with it. Not something I'd go out of my way to have again, but it was very good nonetheless. On the other hand, the Chocolate Wave dessert was UNBELIEVABLE!

• JoseyDisney's Better Half

Me too!