Thread: Price hike

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Price hike

Since WDW just raised the price of their one day one park pass to $71. Do you see this as a way for Disney to start pushing people into annual passes and multi-day multipark tickets instead? Is $71 too much to pay for a day at a Disney park?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Price hike

Of course.

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    Since WDW just raised the price of their one day one park pass to $71. Do you see this as a way for Disney to start pushing people into annual passes and multi-day multipark tickets instead? Is $71 too much to pay for a day at a Disney park?
    It went up about $4. The multi-day tickets went up about the same amount. Most businesses raise their prices from time to time.

I let my AP expire in June for financial reasons, and I *gasp* paid $71 for a 1-day ticket to Epcot. I shudder at the recollection.
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• Circle of Ancients

Yeah, that's the point of EVERYTHING Disney does.

Late 80's: Universal is building a "Studio's" park in Florida. Let's build MGM.

Late 80's, Early 90's: People are staying off-site. Let's build hotels that everybody could afford.

Mid 90's: People are going to Busch Gardens. Let's build Animal Kingdom.

00's: People are eating off-site. Let's have a dining plan to ensure people stay on our property.

00's: People are staying at Universal because they are giving free rental cars. Let's have a FREE shuttle to and from the airport and also pick up their baggage.

00's: People are splitting their vactations between Universal and Sea World. Let's have multi-day tickets that increase in value the longer you stay.

EVERYTHING Disney does is to keep people on property.

Wow! No one over at WDW side cares that Disney raised their prices again. People at DL scream murder each time it happens at DL.

• Another trip down I-4

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    Wow! No one over at WDW side cares that Disney raised their prices again. People at DL scream murder each time it happens at DL.
    Part of the reason for that is because in the area, we have Universal, Sea World, Busch Gardens, and Disney. We're so used to one of the parks starting the yearly price hike and all the other ones following within the month that we just yawn.

But is WDW worth the price for a single day/single park admission?

• She was sweet as a peach

We do care about the price hike. So much that we discussed it here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73116

I don't like it, but if they keep raising minimum wage the prices are going to keep increasing.

• May the F=ma be with you

Of course I don't like the increase. However, that will not deter me from going. I feel that WDW is worth every penny and more that you must pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Banned User

most people buy multi day park hopper passes these days and as was stated before we are used to the price increasing yearly, the question these days is by how much. all it takes is for universal or sea world to increase prices and the rest follow suit. are any of the parks worth 71 plus tax? not really but then remember that orlando is a TOURIST town

I'd like to see data on how many people actually get 1 day park tickets and what percentage of ticket revenue and what percentage of customers that is. Yet people harp on the one day ticket price.

Ticket increase = 6%

Out of the 57,000 CMs, about 40,000 are actually on WDW's payroll.
    TWDC made $1.1 billion for the quarter.
    Even if ALL the 40,000 worked 40 hours and made a $2 pay increase (and eqivalent for salaried), then that is an additional $41.6 million for the quarter. That is less than 5% of their profit. Perhaps starting at $9.00+ would increase retention therefore reducing training costs and having higher morale that makes happier CMs therefore better service.

I believe WDW was about 40% of TWDC's income. That's $440,000,000. That's 10% of the income. Keepin mind the huge amount of part time and CT CMs that don't work 40 hours and the math would work out to less than 6%, almost washing out the ticket price hike. I mean before it, they weren't exactly losing money.

Problem is 3% is a lot to investors and WDW Management has their heads so far up their a$ses that they will never see this as being a good solution. Unfortunately the reality of the situation is that the price hike is corporate greed. Proof: The expeced increase of operating costs was less than 3%...not 6% and they are doing NOTHING gor CMs.

CORPORATE GREED.
    Last edited by bluntman; 08-22-2007 at 10:43 AM.