• "There's always my way"

Top 10 Nightime attractions from WDW

I'm going to borrow this idea from Mouseplanet. They listed the top 10 attractions to ride during the night time. It's very interesting. I agree with it in many ways. I will post my top 10 below as well:

MousePlanet:

10. Liberty Square Riverboat and WDW Railroad (tie) – I really enjoy riding the Liberty Square Riverboat about 15 minutes before the nighttime parade (presently "Spectromagic") begins. It's quite a sight to watch the parade coming through Liberty Square from the upper level of the boat. After a long day in the park riding the Riverboat amounts to a change of pace and can be very relaxing at night. Also, not as many guests will take in the Riverboat at night, so crowds are not an issue; heck there's a parade to watch you know. Yes, riding this boat at night is quite different than riding it during the day. The same can be said for the WDW Railroad. Riding through the thicket at night is much more adventurous than riding during the day.
    9. Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular – In the early days of this attraction I never went to any show before 6 p.m. At night everything seemed to be a bit more enjoyable, especially the opening scene. I looked forward to entering the stadium at dusk and then leaving the show and finding the park in its entire nighttime splendor. The special effects seemed a bit more spectacular at night. Alas, I don't think you will find too many opportunities to see this attraction at night, but if you do, give it a shot.
    8. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – OK the reason why this is not rated higher is because it is only for a few seconds while on this attraction that you realize it's nighttime. The moment you pop out and look over the rest of the park is the first time you are reminded that the Sun has retired for the day. It is quite different to pop out over the park at night than it is during the day. Remember, you are 13 stories above the park—at night!
    7. Test Track – Imagine whizzing around at night on this attraction. I'm sure it will feel quite different to you at night than during the day. Why? Simply because at night it always seem like you are going faster than you are during the day. Try it and you'll see.
    6. Tomorrowland Transit Authority – This is one of those attractions that can help you unwind at the end of a long day in the park. If you have never tried this attraction at night you have no idea what you're missing. This attraction gives you a spectacular nighttime view of Tomorrowland and is a great attraction from which to take different type of photos of Tomorrowland and Magic Kingdom. For an even more interesting experience, try riding this attraction during "Wishes."
    5. Jungle Cruise – This attraction is quite underrated as a nighttime attraction. During the day it's a fun experience but at night it's so much more. The Audio-Animatronics seem so much better at night, especially with the lighting. There's just so much more to enjoy at night: the backside of water, the journey through the "ruins," and even the old jokes seem better.
    4. Aladdin's Magic Carpet Ride/Dumbo/Astro-Orbiter (tie) – This is a three-way tie simply because these three attractions are basically the same type of attraction. The slight difference is two-fold. First, they are all in different lands within Magic Kingdom (Adventureland, Fantasyland and Tomorrowland, respectively) and secondly, they are not all of the same height. Those differences do not matter. What matters here is that at night these attractions allow you to see Magic Kingdom so much differently than during the day. During the day there are too many distractions for you to key on one area. Darkness allows you to really concentrate on what you are seeing and what you are seeing is a park with spectacular lighting effects.
    3. Splash Mountain – Everyone whose been on this attraction knows the view you enjoy just before the big drop on Splash Mountain. For those of you who keep your eyes open, you get to see practically all of The Magic Kingdom before plunging down. Imagine what that view looks like at night. It's the combination of the darkness and park lights that make this attraction such a different experience.
    2. Expedition Everest – I think it will be at this point that some of you may find yourself disagreeing with my No. 2 and No. 1 choices. Everest, of course, is one of the top thrill rides in WDW and there are several arguments for selecting this attraction as the top nighttime attraction. First, there is a spectacular view as you climb up that first hill. Imagine the view at night. Secondly, Everest is fast. When you shoot out of the mountain and hit the dark, you feel like you are going much faster than you really are. For thrill seekers, it is probably the No. 1 nighttime attraction; but it's not mine.
    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – I really have no problem with anyone choosing Expedition Everest over Big Thunder as the No. 1 nighttime attraction at WDW. There is a specific reason why I prefer Big Thunder to Expedition Everest. Yes, I know Expedition Everest is higher. Yes, I realize Expedition Everest is faster. There's no denying that. However, Big Thunder is a longer attraction and that means guests enjoy the nighttime views much more than they would at Expedition Everest, and thus it just edges Everest as the top nighttime attraction; at least in my eyes. However, I reserve the right to change my mind.
    I do agree with a lot of what's above but here's my top 10. I only listed descriptions with the new entries. I also composed the list in ascending order:

1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - until I ride Everest at Night, this is my #1*

2. Haunted Mansion
    - reason for this is just the atmosphere from the queue the line looks much better at night. And the lighting on the mansion itself just looks creepy and amazing at night. I can't wait to ride this at night when it re-opens!

3. Splash Mountain

4. Tomorrowland Transit Authority

5. Test Track

6. Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular

Jungle Cruise (it's been years that I rode this at night, can't wait for them to refurbish this soon.

9. WDW Railroad

10. WDW Monorail -
    I like the view that you get of the Magic Kingdom and the resorts in the night time.

*NOTE: I have not been on Expedition Everest at night. It is the reason for it not being on my top 10 list.

Feel free to post your top 10, agree/disagree comments and so forth.
    Last edited by EPCOT1982; 08-17-2007 at 05:52 AM.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• One big touch screen.....

Re: Top 10 Nightime attractions from WDW

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post

10. WDW Monorail -
    I like the view that you get of the Magic Kingdom and the resorts in the night time.

Especially during WISHES..........with the constantly changing perspective as the fireworks fade further into the distance.

................then get bigger again if you're staying at the GF or Poly!

good point, forgot about that.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Don't forget how AMAZING watching wishes while on Big Thunder is. Went in January and we got to ride three times in a row during Wishes. It was one of my best disney moments.

That pushes it above EE easily.

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT View Post
    Especially during WISHES..........with the constantly changing perspective as the fireworks fade further into the distance.
    The wife and kids had the pleasure of being in the front car one night and the train stopped just short of MK and was pretty much aimed at the park. Then the fireworks started. They got to see a good bit of the show while we were stopped.

Another time DD and I were riding on Astro Orbiter during the fireworks show. This is one of my fondest memories at WDW.

Love Shaq U 38

Overated State U 24

LSU only 2 time BCS Champions

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

5. Jungle Cruise – This attraction is quite underrated as a nighttime attraction. During the day it's a fun experience but at night it's so much more. The Audio-Animatronics seem so much better at night, especially with the lighting. There's just so much more to enjoy at night: the backside of water, the journey through the "ruins," and even the old jokes seem better.
    Last time I did that, a REAL frog somehow got on the boat and scared the bejebus out of me.

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Last time I did that, a REAL frog somehow got on the boat and scared the bejebus out of me.
    That's what you think.

Seems that the frog-o-matronic-1000 was a successful test.........

• Circle of Ancients

Big Thunder
    TTA
    Test Track (it's good in the rain too)
    Jungle Cruise
    Splash Mtn
    Flying Carpets
    WDW FerryBoat from WDW to TTA (especially during Wishes)
    Haunted Mansion (agree about the queue and lighting)
    Barnstormer (especially during MNSSHP!!!!!)
    Railroad

• We'll hold them at bay

Big Thunder, Test Track, Splash, Astro-orbiter, TTA, Illuminations, Fantasmic, the Carpets, HM
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Disney Memory Maker

10. Primeval Whirl - The entire dino-rama area really lights up at night
    9. TTA - Tomorrowland is just a cool place to be at night
    8. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor - When it gets really late, there aren't a lot of people here so your camera time is almost assured.
    7. Tree of Life - Not ITtbaB..... the tree's lighting is just so cool (yet so simple)
    6. Kali River Rapids - Can anyone say 10 times in a row?
    5. Expedition Everest - Seeing the whole "world" lit up at night is just fun
    4. Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular - The show is about 3 times better at night, when they can light up everything exactly how they want to.
    3. Splash Mountain - Going on multiple times with no line whatsoever is great.
    2. Kilimanjaro Safaris - I use night very loosely here, but the evening safaris are so much better.
    1. Tower of Terror - Going through the entire outside queue with all the misters turned on and nobody around is so creepy and so much fun.
    “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.” - Walt Disney

interesting. looks like i really need to ride Everest at night somehow. Maybe in September.