Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Sorry guys, Jim's article is almost total B.S. He doesn't have a clue what is being planned, and he makes connections to areas that don't exist.

And this article is also false as well.

Jim is right about Star Tours 2... but that has been known about forever. But no, there is no Lucas Land being built for Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    More Muppet stuff, Bill?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    More Muppet stuff, Bill?
    Doubt that we will see more Muppet oriented attractions - things that are emed to the characters in Playhouse Disney, perhaps. We would be lucky if Disney decided to update the Muppets 4-D theater and show.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Second, let me say after Comcast bought TechTV and merged it with G4, DTA...Don't Trust Anybody. I wish it was still focused on computers and video games instead of repeats of shows that already air on other channels like Cops (on CourTV) or Star Trek TNG (on Spike TV). Does anyone remember when cable networks used to have something called "exclusivitivity" and "niches"? As for those reports, let me say that they would have been better off in Circular File #13.
    I am so ready to stat calling TNT the "Law & Order Channel" because that's all they seem to air now! ANNOYING!!!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Doubt that we will see more Muppet oriented attractions - things that are emed to the characters in Playhouse Disney, perhaps. We would be lucky if Disney decided to update the Muppets 4-D theater and show.
    The word "4-D" died with the 90s

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    The word "4-D" died with the 90s
    I pert much agree, Ghostbuster. If Muppets 4-D is to be resurrected into the state of the art attraction that it once was, a complete overhaul is in order - including a new name.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Yea but I think we all wanted more Indy and Star Wars stuff in the park rather than pixarland!
    I agree. We have had a total Pixar overload in the last few years. Plus, Indy and Star Wars make for much better attractions than Pixar movies. I have a hard time picturing a Pixar movie being made into a ride like Indiana Jones Adventure or even Star Tours.

Wonder if MGM will get that Indy Coaster? The shop already looks like a exit to a ride.

• "There's always my way"

i keep hearing that they are going to get an Indy coaster. That'd be cool if they make it like the revenge of the mummy from universal only longer and better. With more "ride theming elements" but a cool thrilling coaster as well. If only they would recreate the mine cart "coaster" from Temple of Doom.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Who knows if they will ever touch muppets since its like the last thing Jim Henson worked on b4 he died. I wish they would refurb (not replace but refurb) the Backlot tour...w/ some more up to date props and get the Canyon working back to its potential

• Banned User

the backlot tour is no longer needed as the studios is now a theme park and not a working studio. The rumor of a new star tours has been around awhile and I hope it's done and I would love to see a new indy attraction that is NOT a coaster or the ride at DL maybe something that combines the best of all the movies.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    the backlot tour is no longer needed as the studios is now a theme park and not a working studio. The rumor of a new star tours has been around awhile and I hope it's done and I would love to see a new indy attraction that is NOT a coaster or the ride at DL maybe something that combines the best of all the movies.

Its not a matter of being "needed". The backlot tour needs to change to keep up, seeing as it no longer goes though a backlot where much is going on. But a backlot tour most assuredly has a place in a park themed to movies. For example, nobody thinks BTMRR goes through a real mine, yet it is perfectly happy pretending to do so.

Fix the backlot tour, add some things besides old weathered props and empty rooms. Make it fake, but seem real. Emulate a hot set. Thats what WDI is supposed to be good at, making the fake seem real. I think a backlot tour is a perfectly themed ride for a movies park, just make it a good ride.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

The Backlot Tour will be going bye-bye. It's just a question of whether it's 2008 ... or 2010 ... the Indy coaster rumors are just that, although don't expect a DL-type Indy ride either.

The coaster that is coming, right near Toy Story Mania, will be indoors and a Pixar property. I hope I didn't let any rats out of the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The Backlot Tour will be going bye-bye. It's just a question of whether it's 2008 ... or 2010 ... the Indy coaster rumors are just that, although don't expect a DL-type Indy ride either.

The coaster that is coming, right near Toy Story Mania, will be indoors and a Pixar property. I hope I didn't let any rats out of the bag.

whoops i think i hear some squeaks around MGM (aka DHS)....

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post

Im curious though will the Ratatouille dark coaster and Star Tours 2.0 be announced simultanously? Is there any other big attractions coming within the next 3 years (maybe a great movie ride overhaul)?

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    IThats what WDI is supposed to be good at, making the fake seem real.
    Apparently. Look how many hacks faked their way into the job.
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast