Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• time to go

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    I hope I didn't let any rats out of the bag.
    They're wonder rats. It would be difficult to contain them. After all, look at their success in breeding without females! And no icky sister rats to slow 'em down and hinder their world domination, either!!

Taking over D/MGM, uh, DHS will be a brie!
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Besides Burke, are there any former Disney executives at Comcast?

The people responsible for the dismantling of TechTV are stupid enough to be Eisner progeny.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by BlueSkyDriveBy View Post
    Apparently. Look how many hacks faked their way into the job.

At least they don't call themselves engineers. Thats another pet peeve of mine. I don't even call myself an engineer, because I don't have a license. (and I do nothing pertaining to engineering, even though I am in an engineering staff department) - HEY!, maybe I could fake my way into WDI

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

I'm way excited for Star Tours 2.0, a Ratatouille indoor coaster, and all the rest, but can anyone drop a hint if there will be ANYTHING new in the park related to Indiana Jones in 2008? I mean c'mon, the most anticipated film of next year is Indy 4, and it would be a hugely wasted opportunity if Disney didn't capitalize on it.

I'm not looking for mere daydreaming or speculating, I'm wondering if anyone really knows something that they can offer a vague hint about.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• "There's always my way"

look, screamscape also reported that Ratatouille coaster rumor. A lot of people have hearing about this I see:

2009/2010 - Ratatouille Coaster - Rumor - (8/22/07) Screamscape sources have informed us that Walt Disney World management has just approved the budget to fast-track construction of a new indoor spinning roller coaster based on the film Ratatouille. As rumored for the past few weeks, the ride system will be based on the coaster design used for Crush’s Coaster that just opened earlier this summer at Walt Disney Studios Paris. This is a customized varient of the Maurer-Sohne SC-2000 layout. The new coaster is expected to be placed in the Soundstage One area right next to Toy Story Mania and construction could start within the next six months.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Im curious though will the Ratatouille dark coaster and Star Tours 2.0 be announced simultanously?
    I don't know. Since we're likely looking at early 2009 debuts for both ... just in time for the park's 20th anniverary, I kinda think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Is there any other big attractions coming within the next 3 years (maybe a great movie ride overhaul)?
    There are major attractions in the pipeline for this park. I don't know of a timeline or even if there is a solid one.

Quote Originally Posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
    look, screamscape also reported that Ratatouille coaster rumor. A lot of people have hearing about this I see:
    Screamscape, much like Jim 'Mountain Man' Hill, are great at 'borrowing' information that others have culled.

Darien IL- a suburb 25 mins west of Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Cmash95 View Post
    the backlot tour is no longer needed as the studios is now a theme park and not a working studio. The rumor of a new star tours has been around awhile and I hope it's done and I would love to see a new indy attraction that is NOT a coaster or the ride at DL maybe something that combines the best of all the movies.
    The BLT can still be a fun ride and its a big capacity ride. Its outdated, some of the props are from movies you've never heard of and the canyons falling apart...but they help keep the lines down at RnR and ToT a bit and I loved the look on peoples faces when the flash flood hit ...lol sorry gotta defend it..has a soft spot in my heart

• Self Congratulative

I just seems so out of place, though, with pretty much nothing going on in the backlot anymore.

• Living the Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW1974 View Post
    The Backlot Tour will be going bye-bye.
    I don't want the Backlot Tour to leave.. I think they should just update the tour a bit, and leave it in the park.

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

I agree...as opposed to getting rid of it because theres no shooting on the backlot anymore...how about they go back to one of the basic ideas of the park when it opened and make it a working studio again? Actually (dare I say) film there lol I mean aside from just like espn commercials

• Living the Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Stimpy215 View Post
    I agree...as opposed to getting rid of it because theres no shooting on the backlot anymore...how about they go back to one of the basic ideas of the park when it opened and make it a working studio again? Actually (dare I say) film there lol I mean aside from just like espn commercials
    Didn't they film some Food Network Challenge Episodes at the studios?

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

The Backlot Tour takes too long, has too many dead spots. I'd rather have attractions take the space that MGM has for shooting stuff, especially since it's hardly used.

Quote Originally Posted by Evoulie View Post
    Didn't they film some Food Network Challenge Episodes at the studios?
    its possible..I really want them to do some movie scenes there especially...or like big network tv shows

Quote Originally Posted by futureman View Post
    The Backlot Tour takes too long, has too many dead spots. I'd rather have attractions take the space that MGM has for shooting stuff, especially since it's hardly used.
    Different strokes for different folks...true its not exactly gonna compete w/ rnr or tot for thrill seekers but it can be fun and it lets you sit down after walkin around the park for a while

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast