Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• at one with the Mouse

Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Hey everybody I just say this on G4tv.com check it out.

Disney is changing the name of Disney-MGM Studios to Disney Hollywood Studios, but that's not all as far as the changes go. Now that they're taking "Star Tours" down to revitalize it and give it a "Star Tours 2.0" remake, it's becoming increasingly likely that there will be more areas of the park based on LucasFilm properties as well.
    Apparently, just in time for the theme park's 20th Anniversary in 2009, they will re-open "Star Tours," in addition to changing the "Backlot Adventure" to make it more Indiana Jones themed. There will also be a Star Wars-themed restaurant in the area, which will make the whole place virtually crawling with Lucas stuff.
    Who knows, perhaps there will be a "Jar Jar's Wild Ride" or "American Grafitti Dragstrip Challenge."

• We'll hold them at bay

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

Here's some of Jim Hill's Lucas Land ideas

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/08/18.../#comment-1850

And here are mine from April

http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/04/28...ours/#comments

Please Disney give us a Mos Eisley Cantina
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Disney MGM changed to Disney Hollywood and a new Indiana Jones Backlot Adventure

It's not the Backlot Tour that is referred to in the article, but the Backlot Express, which is the counter service restaurant between Star Tours and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Banned User

Uh, hate to break the news to you, BrerBrian, but the announcement that Disney-MGM studios becoming Disney's Hollywood Studios as of January 1, 2008 was announced last week!

On this board, it's old news.

Oh, this late word just in, man has just stepped foot on the moon.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-19-2007 at 07:00 AM.

• at one with the Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Uh, hate to break the news to you, BrerBrian, but the announcement that Disney-MGM studios becoming Disnet's Hollywood Studios as of January 1, 2008 was announced last week!

Oh, this late word just in, man has just stepped foor on the moon.

WOW, Mouseinphilly you are not nice. The article I put up was today on G4 so I thought if anyone hadnt heard, they may want to know. As for it not being the Backlot tour, I posted the article exactly as it was written, so it would be G4 that was mistaken.

• Circle of Ancients

Wow, man stepped foor on the moon?

I had no idea.

• We'll hold them at bay

Quote Originally Posted by BrerBrian View Post
    WOW, Mouseinphilly you are not nice. The article I put up was today on G4 so I thought if anyone hadnt heard, they may want to know. As for it not being the Backlot tour, I posted the article exactly as it was written, so it would be G4 that was mistaken.
    G4 is not nice.

As for Mouseinphilly not being nice, well, all I can say is Phillie fans once booed Santa Clause so.......
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

• Golden State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by mouseinphilly View Post
    Uh, hate to break the news to you, BrerBrian, but the announcement that Disney-MGM studios becoming Disnet's Hollywood Studios as of January 1, 2008 was announced last week!

Oh, this late word just in, man has just stepped foor on the moon.

. . . and theres philly bringing the house down.
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Sorry guys, Jim's article is almost total B.S. He doesn't have a clue what is being planned, and he makes connections to areas that don't exist.

And this article is also false as well.

Jim is right about Star Tours 2... but that has been known about forever. But no, there is no Lucas Land being built for Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    Last edited by Bill; 08-18-2007 at 09:22 PM.
    -Bill

• at one with the Mouse

Bummer

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Don't get your hopes down, lots of new stuff is coming to the park. Just not what Jim said.
    -Bill

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Don't get your hopes down, lots of new stuff is coming to the park. Just not what Jim said.
    Yea but I think we all wanted more Indy and Star Wars stuff in the park rather than pixarland!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Love the new name, Disneys Hollywood Studios - dropping the MGM monicre was long overdue. I'm anticipating with excitement the coming StarTours refurb. Things are looking up for the little park - at long last. Can't wait to see what each of the new themed lands will be!
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 08-19-2007 at 06:03 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostbuster626 View Post
    Yea but I think we all wanted more Indy and Star Wars stuff in the park rather than pixarland!
    Actually, Pixar will be producing the next StawWars trilogy as a future CG project. Can you imagine what this means - the best of both worlds! "Luuuuuuke. I'm your computer generated father." Just imagine how thrilling it will be to have new StarWars/Pixar attractions - and SWP characters roaming the park in full Force. This is a dream come true!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Banned User

First off, I wasn't acting nasty on the fact that Disney-MGM is becoming Disney's Hollywood Studios. That story was first reported here last week IIRC.

Second, let me say after Comcast bought TechTV and merged it with G4, DTA...Don't Trust Anybody. I wish it was still focused on computers and video games instead of repeats of shows that already air on other channels like Cops (on CourTV) or Star Trek TNG (on Spike TV). Does anyone remember when cable networks used to have something called "exclusivitivity" and "niches"? As for those reports, let me say that they would have been better off in Circular File #13.

No offense, BrerBrian, just never trust the source where the story comes from. I was just attacking the post, not the poster in question.
    Last edited by mouseinphilly; 08-19-2007 at 06:59 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast