Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

WDW- EP/MGM - 08/18/07 - Birthday Fun!

My honey and I headed out to the World on Saturday to celebrate my birthday.

Should you wish to see all the photos I took this weekend, please see HERE.

After parking the car we headed towards the entrance. I snapped this photo on the way, my honey Phil has affectionately renamed it "Craneship Earth" LOL

We cut through the ending queue for SSE and played a little game with the skeleton.

Before picking up birthday button at Guest Relations, I wanted to check on the progress of the wand removal.

So close!

With the rumors of the covering being removed I wanted to snap this photo, I was amazed at how few people there was in the park at 10am.

When then decided to head over to Mouse Gears because we wanted to buy some new hats. Sadly, nothing struck our fancy but I did get some interior shots. There is a lot of detail in this store that I believe a lot of people miss, I highly recommend you looking up next time you stop by.

Yay for Epcot Center tees!

This was the pirate in the PoTC section, it was even creepier in person.

One of reasons there was less people was probably due to the humidity. It was "OMG I can't breath!" hot. However, it did make for some great photos!

See the Food and Wine Festival Walls? Our favorite festival! We can't wait!

As we had 11:40 reservations at Le Cellier, we headed over to WS. It was too early to go in but I did get some great landscape photos of the different countries.

Canada..

My honey Phil decided to have some fun with the standee outside.

As it was so hot, we stopped for a smoothie at an open kart, it was REALLY good!

Are UK? Why yes I'm fine, thank you. (Sorry, that's the best I got.LOL)

No people!

Harry Potter in Epcot? Well it IS in the UK so I guess it makes sense. LOL

And just in case anyone doesn't know where the bathrooms are, this is for you.

It was about time to eat so we headed back to Canada.

If you've never gone deep into the pavilion I highly recommend it, it's really beautifully themed and I think it's overlooked a lot by tourists.

The front gardens..

The CM's that start the day at Le Cellier actually come out before seating everyone and sing the national anthem. Not sure if any other countries do this but it was a cute little addition to our day.

They were so nice, they even let me snap this photo of the dining room before it opened.

Cheers! No, that's just water, I haven't started drinking...yet.

My daughter was at grandma's for the day so we did the "adult" thing and walked around World Showcase to check out the different countries.

The tea shop, I love this place. I like tea like most people enjoy coffee.

Bonjour de France!

In our exploration we happened upon Princess Aurora, who was standing there all alone! We had the best conversation and I found out a little secret. PA said that her favorite ride is Rockin Roller Coaster at MGM. She said even princesses enjoy a coaster every once in awhile. She just said that she needed to use extra hairspray to keep her hair perfect. I thought that was cute.

We stopped in Morocco, its a beautiful country but its my least favorite. I am not sure why but there is just something I can't put my finger on.

Japan has an excellent variety of chopsticks.

We stopped at the American Pavilion to enjoy our strawberry slushy from Japan. They are soooo good, if you've never had one, you must try it at least once!

Just about the time we finished we heard the band begin to play, as we rounded the corner a whole mess of characters was following right behind them.

This was one of the highlights of my trip because I got not one but FOUR signatures that I didn't have in my book...

The girly mice from Cinderella (sorry, I forget the name)

My favorite, Big Al!

and Mr. Penguin! Who danced with me, it was so much fun!

Continuing our journey, we stopped in Italy..

Germany..

We also checked out the miniature train set in between countries.

China..If you squint you can't see the tarp...honest! LOL

For whatever reason we skipped over Norway but ended our day at the Mexico Pavilion riding Gran Fiesta Tour.

Viva Donald!

It was about that time that we were scheduled to meet up with my friends at MGM, so we hopped in the car and headed over.

The CM directed us to the Television parking lot and we parked in the probably the best spot I've ever had at this park. We were in the first row, third spot in.

Here is our spot..

And turning around, the entrance is right around that tree on the left, just up the curve. I love short walks! LOL

First to the party was Bill, as I had never been to the Indiana Jones Shop we stopped by there. Here is Bill modeling the current inventory available. LOL

Shortly after Jimmybop, Bigpigletfan and DLRP_Blzabop showed up and we headed over to Rockin Roller Coaster. My boyfriend have never been on it before so that was a must do and the first ride of the evening.

Group photo time! We were in a silly mood, notice the two finger point of Jimmybop. LOL

From left to right: Bill, BigPigletFan, Jimmybop, SummerinFL and DLRP_Blzabop

We then hopped over to the Great Movie Ride where I ran into my sister. No wait, that's not my sister, she is clearly not blue!

Afterwords we stopped by the ABC Commissary and grabbed some dinner. I believe BPF has some photo of me hugging the Dr. Shepard display with his Doctor jacket. Grey's Anatomy woohoo! hehe

I had to post this photo of Bill, his expression is just hilarious.

And what trip would not be complete without a trip to the Muppet store, I ask you?

Being a gamer family, Phil had to stop at Pizza Planet and get his drive on while BPF and I got some temporary tattoos.

It was then that BPF said I needed a birthday drinkie. Who'd have known that MGM had it's own bar? We quickly settled into the living room for some fun!

*DISCLAIMER* I want it to be known that I have a drink MAYBE every 6 months or so, then I have my drink and remind myself why I only have a drink every 6 months. LOL

As a parent I must post this, "Kids, don't try this at home or at WDW." LOL

Drink time! I was given the special of the day, "Summer Splash" How fitting. LOL

It has 4 different alcohols in it, rum, vodka, jack daniels and something else. It tasted like grapefruit juice, I admit though I didn't notice the taste after about half. LOL

Here is Bill, hiding behind the camera.

DLRP had a milkshake, all the guys behaved, I was proud of them. LOL

We even had some entertainment, Walt Disney was announcing the opening of Disneyland on the television. LOL

As we had Fastpasses for ToT, we headed over to use them. It was about this time I snatched the camera back and decided to take photos. I accept no responsibility for the quality and I apologize ahead of time. LOL

ToT was great as always, I tried to capture the ride photo after we got off. ...

Nope..

Oh boy...steady as she goes!

My honey ended up snapping this one, its the best we could do.

Afterwards we said our goodbyes and Phil drove us home. It was a really great day, with good friends and fun at my favorite place ever.

Ciao!

• Golden State of Mind

Re: WDW- EP/MGM - 08/18/07 - Birthday Fun!

even though its a little late happy birthday!!
    Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

• She was sweet as a peach

Great pictures!!!
    What were the characters out for? I haven't seen them grouped like that since they had the double decker character bus a few years ago.

We went to MK on Friday and were surprised at how it was not oppressively hot.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
    Great pictures!!!
    What were the characters out for? I haven't seen them grouped like that since they had the double decker character bus a few years ago.

We went to MK on Friday and were surprised at how it was not oppressively hot.
    No special reason, they just all came out at once, even Mickey and Minnie were there, it was really cool! That hasn't happened since I was a kid, it was very exciting!

• Happy Memories

Sorry I missed you guys. I got a late start and was in a relaxing around the world kinda mood. Looks like you had a fun trip.

• Still wants to be a cat!

Thanks for sharing.....can hardly wait for October to see this all in person again! Where is the train set up at?...Mr. Lightyear999 will have to see that.

Glad you had such a terrific Birthday!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy999 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.....can hardly wait for October to see this all in person again! Where is the train set up at?...Mr. Lightyear999 will have to see that.

Glad you had such a terrific Birthday!
    It is in between Italy and Germany, they had around 3 trains running, was very neat!

• Purple Crates ♥

Great report as always Summer! Hope to see you this weekend!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

looks like you had fun! Can't wait to see you again on Saturday!

And it's Suzy and Perla (the mice names)
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• May the F=ma be with you

Looks fun indeed. Very nice report.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Another trip down I-4

Yay sounds fun! And with all those cool people to help you celebrate! Yay!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    It was then that BPF said I needed a birthday drinkie. Who'd have known that MGM had it's own bar? We quickly settled into the living room for some fun!
    No... when the day was originally planned Studios first, Epcot 2nd that was the plan. So all I was doing was sticking to it!

Drink time! I was given the special of the day, "Summer Splash" How fitting. LOL

It has 4 different alcohols in it, rum, vodka, jack daniels and something else. It tasted like grapefruit juice, I admit though I didn't notice the taste after about half. LOL
    Haha, yes! Of course I got you that drink, especially after you said.. "oooh!!! Summer Splash! I want that!" It suited you, but as I watched the bartender make it I was a little worried with that amount of alcohol he put in there. But yes, it was better once you got your little straw. rawr!

DLRP had a milkshake, all the guys behaved, I was proud of them. LOL
    I was too! They were so quiet.. and well, we ended up being more of the entertainment for the families waiting to eat at the Prime Time Cafe. Well, I mean, we weren't that loud or anything, just having our own fun and they just kept staring.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    And it's Suzy and Perla (the mice names)
    Yes, and I learned to differentiate them with a bit o' alliteration: Perla wears Pink (gosh, that English degree is worth something after all!).
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    No... when the day was originally planned Studios first, Epcot 2nd that was the plan. So all I was doing was sticking to it!
    Yeah but that was before I got into Le Cellier at the last minute, so I flipped it instead of driving myself crazy. LOL I do appreciate everyone making accommodations for me. :/ Er, now that I think about it, I feel really selfish. I'm sorry everyone if I inconvenienced you in anyway.

Haha, yes! Of course I got you that drink, especially after you said.. "oooh!!! Summer Splash! I want that!" It suited you, but as I watched the bartender make it I was a little worried with that amount of alcohol he put in there. But yes, it was better once you got your little straw. rawr!
    LOL Because the little straw just made all the difference. LOL

I was too! They were so quiet.. and well, we ended up being more of the entertainment for the families waiting to eat at the Prime Time Cafe. Well, I mean, we weren't that loud or anything, just having our own fun and they just kept staring.

Really? I didn't notice after awhile, oh boy, I hope I wasn't obnoxious or anything. LOL

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yay!

I'll see you turkeys this weekend!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast