• Little Miss Sunshine

Approx 200 Caribbean Beach Resort pics/photo walk

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=49&Itemid=78

I hope they are interesting, I still need to work a little on the text, maybe add or delete a couple of photos (that will be tomorrow night). I'll add a photo or two in this thread tomorrow also, I am getting ready for bed.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• For You!

Re: Approx 200 Caribbean Beach Resort pics/photo walk

I didn't get to see any of the hotels when I was there (except from a distance) - so thank you! You took some great pictures!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    I didn't get to see any of the hotels when I was there (except from a distance) - so thank you! You took some great pictures!
    Thanks, I am glad you like the photos! I'll post a couple here this morning too (larger than on my site). I wasn't as familiar with CBR, but I am going to put it into my normal walking rotation.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Another trip down I-4

I'm staying at CBR this October (tried to get PO:FQ, but it was booked), and am excited to see that CBR also has a lot of quiet walkways. Thank you!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Skittlekicks - lots of quiet walkways! I am glad you liked the photo walk.

Here are some of the photos, much larger:

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    I'm staying at CBR this October (tried to get PO:FQ, but it was booked), and am excited to see that CBR also has a lot of quiet walkways. Thank you!

It is very nice for walking, but its also VERY spread out. If you don't need to go to food court/shutters/main pool then thats not a problem. But depending on what room you get, you can be located quite a distance away. There is an internal shuttle in the resort, but its not the effort of walking that sometimes gets to me, its the time factor. Just be aware of that, and maybe when you check in see if the CM at the desk can get you closer to the main building (which is NOT where you check in, you check in at the Custom House, which is in an entirely different location than the main building)

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    It is very nice for walking, but its also VERY spread out. If you don't need to go to food court/shutters/main pool then thats not a problem. But depending on what room you get, you can be located quite a distance away. There is an internal shuttle in the resort, but its not the effort of walking that sometimes gets to me, its the time factor. Just be aware of that, and maybe when you check in see if the CM at the desk can get you closer to the main building (which is NOT where you check in, you check in at the Custom House, which is in an entirely different location than the main building)

-dave
    I actually like walking (which is how the site actually started) - and taking the time to walk around the various resorts. So it just depends on the person as well.

I liked the Trinidad South area best - it felt like it was in the boonies, but actually was a fairly short walk to the main area. (at least to me!) But it is the most spread out resort I've walked at, except for Fort Wilderness. When I stay at POP next month, I'll definitely be walking over at CBR a few times (I've read that you can actually walk TO it, I may see if I can).
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I actually like walking (which is how the site actually started) - and taking the time to walk around the various resorts. So it just depends on the person as well.

I liked the Trinidad South area best - it felt like it was in the boonies, but actually was a fairly short walk to the main area. (at least to me!) But it is the most spread out resort I've walked at, except for Fort Wilderness. When I stay at POP next month, I'll definitely be walking over at CBR a few times (I've read that you can actually walk TO it, I may see if I can).

I like walking too, but not all the time. If I am in my room, I like to be able to zip over to the food court if I want something for example. Not have to walk across the resort.

or ...

My room was almost next to the main building. Now luggage is not allowed on the busses (regular, internal shuttle) so you have too choices - call bell serivces and wait (and then tip) or lug it yourself. Since I did not want to have to be ready at a specific time, nor did I want to wait, I enjoyed a nice walk from roughly the main hall all the way over to the Customs House with two duffel bags and a computer bag (I was in FL on business prior to stopping at WDW) in the wonderful humidity.

Later that day, after relaxing in the pool, and then eating dinner at Shutters, I had to book it though a monsoon to get to the bus stop so I could catch a shuttle to the Custom House so I could take the DME to the airport.

It is a very nice resort, and I do like the layout. I do a lot of walking myself, in fact I wish there were places to hike at WDW, but then FL is pretty flat as it is. (I guess people in the Northwest think the same thing about the NE where I am from). I just find the arrangement of the check in/out and DME being seperate and far removed from the main house to be a royal pain in the rear.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    It is a very nice resort, and I do like the layout. I do a lot of walking myself, in fact I wish there were places to hike at WDW, but then FL is pretty flat as it is. (I guess people in the Northwest think the same thing about the NE where I am from). I just find the arrangement of the check in/out and DME being seperate and far removed from the main house to be a royal pain in the rear.

-dave

I actually agree with that. I don't understand why everything isn't just in one main building - that way someone checking in or out can get a quick bite to eat as well.

I would love if there was hiking also, but that isn't really something you find here in the Orlando area (I love going to places that I can get an actual hike in). But there are forests and such within a couple of hour drive too.

This is the one resort that is definitely spread out, there is no doubt about that! Nearly every resort gets complaints about being far from different places (except for POF). This one does have more walking than other resorts. I actually didn't realize it was nearly 2 miles around the lake, this was my first time going around the whole loop. So it was like "wow, this is a walk!" But I was ready for it the second time, when I timed it.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Another trip down I-4

I don't mind the long walks. In fact, I try to be far far away from the main areas - that way, I don't hear the foot traffic!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleKicks View Post
    I don't mind the long walks. In fact, I try to be far far away from the main areas - that way, I don't hear the foot traffic!
    I actually like to be further away from the main hub also, far is good!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• Little Miss Sunshine

I added more text, mentioning each village as I go through it (in case anyone is interested, it took me a couple of days to get to it!)

Tomorrow, Epcot!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.