Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

'Ohana Reservation Question

So, we're a little late in trying to book reservations for September.... but are doing the best we can.

I tried getting into 'Ohana sometime during our stay. We are a group of 4 adults. They had an opening, but for a party of 9 only. I'm not familiar with the seating for 'Ohana. Do you know why they couldn't break the opening into 5 and 4? I gather it has something to do with table sizes.

Our best bet is to keep phoning periodically, right? The reviews are so good.... we really wanted to try this restaurant.

So far, we have reservations for Biergarten, Coral Reef, and Cape May Café.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Re: 'Ohana Reservation Question

The last time I ate there, which was in May, I was a party of 9, and it was either one big long table or 2 tables put together... The other tables in teh place hold parties from 2 people up to 10 people... I guess if you have a larger party, they will put tables together.

Why dont you ask if they have (2) 2 person tables near each other, so you can all sit near each other..

Also, Ohana rarely has any cancellations, but keep calling, because you never know...

And yes, Ohana is the best food in all of WDW

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

I would just keep trying back. Something may open up. And, if you can afford the time, if you don't hear anything or nothing opens up before you get there, try walking up. There is a bar right there to keep you occupied while you wait.

As for the tables, I only went there once last year and cannot remember the configuration, but I agree....it's well worth it!

And, incidentally, the Cape May Cafe clambake buffet is fantastic! I don't even eat clams but there is just so much good stuff to eat there! Don't forget to try the Oreo bon bons there....delicious!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

I thought I seemed to remember that they had some really big round tables for large parties... I could be wrong though. Last year we were a party of five at a big round table, and there were at least 2 empty chairs at our table. Could these big round tables be tables for 9 max?

• Can't get enough!

oh this place is great! we have been there 4 times and can't get enough! keep trying, it's worth the wait.

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Talking Re: 'Ohana Reservation Question

Thank you for responding.... I really appreciate your feedback.

I called this morning, and was able to secure a reservation for 9:45 p.m. It's a wee bit later than what I was hoping for, but I was quick to grab it! Haha.

What are your thoughts on arriving a little earlier, to get seated earlier?
    I would be reasonable. I wouldn't expect it of them.... but has anyone tried?

Thanks again!
    Angela

• Can't get enough!

That time will be perfect if the magic kingdom's fireworks are at 10pm!!

• Sunshine is the best!!!

Blog Entries

You will have such a great time there!! That is the first place we are eating on our trip. Last year we were there with a group of about 40. It was crazy!! The food is the best and the whole atmosphere is just so much fun.
    *When a friend is in trouble, don't annoy him by asking if there is anything you can do. Think up something appropriate and do it.

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Yeah it might be late... but if you get a good seat, you can really enjoy the Wishes Nighttime spectacular from the Magic Kingdom...

Also, I usually arrive like 20-25min early. If they cant seat us right away, we sit at the bar and have fruity drinks....

Quote Originally Posted by Lalaboops View Post
    Thank you for responding.... I really appreciate your feedback.

I called this morning, and was able to secure a reservation for 9:45 p.m. It's a wee bit later than what I was hoping for, but I was quick to grab it! Haha.

What are your thoughts on arriving a little earlier, to get seated earlier?
    I would be reasonable. I wouldn't expect it of them.... but has anyone tried?

Thanks again!
    Angela

Talking Re: 'Ohana Reservation Question

I thought I read somewhere that they play the music from the fireworks in the restaurant. Is that true? If so.... that is so cool. What is the view like?

26 days and counting down..... I'm so excited.

Thanks everyone!
    Angela

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

They do pipe the music in during the fireworks. and the view is fabulous. I have been there during Wishes, and its' wonderful to eat your meal, see the show, and hear the music all at once.

Just keep in mind they no longer dim lights, since it's dangerous with the servers walking around. Also, only one wall of windows really faces the MK, so you must be aware of the time and where it's located if you want to watch it. There are some seating areas that do not get a view of the window. If you'd like to watch, I am sure you'll be allowed to get up to the windows and watch. It's totally worth it if you do!

I hope you enjoy the meal. It truly is one of the best restaurants in WDW that I have eaten at.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

ITA... I have viewed wishes from Ohana and it is great. You can definately get up to move to the windows, but I was fortunate enough to be seated right there.

We requested that seat, and were told we would have to wait an add/l 30 min, but it ended up only being 5. So feel free to ask for a window seat when you check in at the podium- you may get lucky!

Wow! That sounds great. Thanks for your insight.

I know they can't guarantee your table location... but can you request a window table when you show up for your reservation? No big deal they're unable to.

Sorry for all the questions... first time staying on property!

that was what I said in my post, I think...

• Can't get enough!

when we were there in july the sound system was down so we could SEE the fireworks but couldn't HEAR the music! it was still very magical!!! also watch for the water parade if you are seated by the window!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast