Thread: Meal Plan

• Disney fan

Red Face Meal Plan

I had previously asked a question about whether or not the meal plan had included my 2 year old. Thanks for the input.

I have another question about the meal plan. Some of you said that it is a lot of food. I have myself, my husband- with an enormous appetite, a six year old- with an enormous appetite, and my two year old. I do not see how it would save me money. I get one counter service- which I could use at breakfast, 1 table service- for dinner, and one snack- which would be a piece of fruit. I do not see how my husband and 6 year old will survive without lunch. Someone suggested sharing a counter service at breakfast for two people- and then using the other one at lunch. I am looking for any input or other suggestions.

Thanks a bunch
    Last edited by mousefamily; 08-24-2007 at 06:43 AM. Reason: question

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Re: Meal Plan

Use the table service meal for breakfast. If you eat a really big breakfast it will last you longer throughout the day. Then use the counter service for a late lunch/early dinner.
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter

• Hello there

Blog Entries

That is a very good idea. Thanks for the advise
    Fratsor Sister - Delta Mu Chi Alpha

ΔΜΧΑ

• Done and Gone

When we've used the plan, we ended up stuffed because we like to take an early dinner so we are back in the park with enough time for the end of the night shows and such. We didn't even miss that "third meal" since our meals ended up so close together. Plus the counter meals throw in dessert which I normally never have. In other words, I end up stuffed! But anyhow, just my .02 cents on the subject of meal spacing for myself at least.

We eat breakfast in the hotel room since we aren't big breakfast eaters. Usually some fruit and a bowl of cereal. This is easily done if you are staying onsite in a moderate resort since there is a small fridge in your room. If you are staying at a value resort you can rent one. Most off site hotels allow you to rent them, as well (or you could stay in one that has complimentary breakfast). We are dvc members so, with a full kitchen, this is not an issue.

We have our snack before lunch.

Then we have a counter service meal for lunch. We try to make our 'dessert' something that we can take with us when we are done and snack on later.

Then a sit down meal for dinner. Now that the appetizer is not included, though, we will probably opt for more buffets.

I have a spreadsheet of our plans for March (and yes, I am already planning my March vacation) and figured that it will end up saving us about 75 dollars apiece.

---
    But...
    ---

If you aren't planning to have one sit down meal a day and would normally eat just counter service, the meal plan is probably not for you.

Part of any vacation (including my disney vacations) is about good food so it works out perfectly for me (I am even going to get the Deluxe Plan if I can convince my parents to go, my dad likes food even more than I do).

• Why can't you tune a fish

Quote Originally Posted by mousefamily View Post
    I had previously asked a question about whether or not the meal plan had included my 2 year old. Thanks for the input.

I have another question about the meal plan. Some of you said that it is a lot of food. I have myself, my husband- with an enormous appetite, a six year old- with an enormous appetite, and my two year old. I do not see how it would save me money. I get one counter service- which I could use at breakfast, 1 table service- for dinner, and one snack- which would be a piece of fruit. I do not see how my husband and 6 year old will survive without lunch. Someone suggested sharing a counter service at breakfast for two people- and then using the other one at lunch. I am looking for any input or other suggestions.

Thanks a bunch
    Even if you find out you need more food, you are still saving on the food you do get with the plan.

Depending on where you go and what you get, you could make up most of the cost on the table service alone. Remember, table service is a non-alcoholic beverage, appitizer, entree, and dessert. Last time I was there Artists Point had the Copper River Salmon on the menu (its a special item, only available certain times). Thats a $27 entree. People were getting it on the meal plan. Add in a $6 appitizer and dessert and you are up to $39 for dinner before tax and tip. You just paid for your meal plan right there.

If you are going to eat all the food on the plan, and according to the plan (no using a table service for counter service for example) you will save money.

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

A few miles from where Disney's America should have been

Quote Originally Posted by perfectparanoia View Post
    We eat breakfast in the hotel room since we aren't big breakfast eaters.
    I've heard that method works well for alot of people.

We like using the table service for breakfast for a number of reasons: 1) It forces us to get up and go into the parks bright and early, sometimes before the park even opens! 2) Eating the heaviest meal first really does last us thru the day, we generally skip lunch or eat a really late lunch; 3) We tend to do alot of character meals which are often breakfasts.

I do have a couple of table meals scheduled for dinner for my upcoming trip because it was specific to a restaurant we wanted to go to (ex: I wanted to go to the Hoop Dee Doo).
    "I'm working on changing Hollywood...at the studio that fired me twice."
    --John Lasseter