Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

WDW-08/25/07-Epcot/MK-Biggest Mice Chat Meet EVER!

As the title states, yesterday sparked the biggest Mice Chat meet ever (with the exception of the Invasion) and I just want to say how happy I was to see everyone. Thank you so much for taking time out and spending the day with us, it was so great to see new faces!

If you would like to see all the photos I took that day, please see HERE.

I arrived to find myself feeling nostalgic, the beautiful SSE glistening in the distance.

As I was walking in talking to Piglet about where to meet up, I hear someone shout my name.
    It was EvilQueenRocks and her lovely husband (who I'm so glad could attend)

As the meet wasn't for another hour or so we headed over to Soarin to pick up some Fastpasses and decided to kill some time with a lovely boat ride on Living With the Land.

Alligators, eels and Tilapia? oh my!

Next we headed to Journey Into Imagination as Evil doesn't get to ride it as often as she likes. No complaints here!

If you just pretend there isn't a rope closing it off you can "almost" go upstairs. LOL

It was about that time I got a call from BigPigletFan, she had made it to the park so we all headed over to the Electric Umbrella for the meet.

See, evil people CAN laugh!

Aimster showed up looking very tired, she said she didn't get to sleep until 1:30am the night before. All that partying at the pirate and princess party!

Little by little everyone showed up and we all ate lunch, sorry I didn't take any photos but we did head over for a group shot in front of the newly wandless SSE.

Let me see if I can remember all the names. Back Row: Aimster, Bill, DLRP_Bopazot, WDWLakelandFL Middle Row: Jane2073's husband, Jane2073, BigPigletFan, SummerinFL, Cyre, naumoney Front Row: Jane2073's adorable daughter, jeffrey_orl_fla, Evil Queen Rocks, YoyoFlamingo

People who met up with us later were: Jimmybop, Toonaspi and Bill's friend Bruce (sorry I don't know your screename. )

With getting out of the sun being our first priority I suggested we head over to Nemo for a nice relaxing ride.

Next, we paid a visit to Figment, here Bill is providing a play by play of Dr. Nigel Channing's speech.

The Computer that Wore Tennis Shoes tribute, get it?

Upon exiting we were told by a CM that the Mobile Muppet Lab would be appearing shortly, so we hung out in the shade and waited!

We had almost given up hope when low and behold..

Warning, ABORT ABORT!

I loved Beakers shorts and socks combo, was very smashing.

The jacket the CM's were wearing.

Afterwards we were approached by a lovely lady in Imagineering to ask us some survey questions regarding the show. We all kind of chuckled when she asked how many people were in our "immediate" party. I went, "14 of course!"
    She was a very sweet woman, even agreed to a photo.

Next we made a pit stop at Club cool, lots of Beverly challenges happening, Yoyo did manage to chug it down without making a face..

After a brief split where some of the latecomers went to eat and the others headed to Test Track, we all met up again in Mexico to see the Gran Fiesta Tour. We took up a whole boat!

Jane2073's adorable daughter, funny story behind this photo. I was carrying a folder and she offered to put it in her stroller for me, I thought she asked me to take a photo of her daughter. Umm, yeah, don't ask me why I thought that..

The group split up with a promise to meet up again to use our FP's for Soarin later on. So Yoyoflamingo, Cyre, WDWLakelandFL, EvilqueenRocks (and hubby), Jane2073 and family, and I all headed to American Adventure to see the added footage at the end.

Yep, still wandless and completely gorgeous.

Soarin Time!

We all decided to head over to Magic Kingdom where we lost a few of the MCers along the way. EvilQueenRocks had a craving for Figaro fries so we all hopped the monorail and headed over. Little did we know that we would have a little trouble with mother nature and took a couple rounds on the monorail as a result. LOL

Rain BAD! Blue Skies Pretty!

Waiting..

and waiting..

We did give it two full rounds before it was decided that the rain wasn't going anywhere. So Jane2073 and family, Evilqueen and her hubby parted ways and went home.

Since it was pouring pretty badly, Yoyoflamingo, cyre, Toonaspi and I all headed for Fantasyland to eat, we were soaking wet by the time we arrived that after we finished we looked down and saw a HUGE pile of water under each of our chairs. LOL Oh well, we were having fun anyway. We did do a quick ride on It's a Small World..

Bonjour!

I love this doll, her dress is just beautiful.

One thing to note, they removed that second koala that was on the back of the other koala. I imagine to many people complained because it looked like something "suggestive".

We rounded the corner when Yoyo realized that Wonderpup had decided to make an appearance. Of all the places I must say this was the most surprising. Say Aimster, I thought you kept tabs on that pup of yours.

After wringing out my shirt for perhaps the 100th time that evening we all collectively decided we'd had enough and ended the evening turning in our quests at VMK Central.

Thank you to everyone that came out, to those who joined us later and the wonderful memories that were made that day.

I hope to see everyone at the next Mice Chat Meet in October. Details can be found at THIS link.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 08-26-2007 at 04:23 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • It's a music celebration!

Re: WDW-08/26/07-Epcot/MK-Biggest Mice Chat Meet EVER!

Yay SummerinFL! What a terrific trip report. Congratulations on the growing number of MiceChatters making it to the meets. Everyone looked like they were having a great time! Thanks for sharing your meet photos and trip report so quickly.

• For You!

Re: WDW-08/25/07-Epcot/MK-Biggest Mice Chat Meet EVER!

How fun! The pictures were great!

Hope you got lots of fun quest rewards!!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Wishin' I was at WDW.

I'm still finding myself staring at SSE photos now that the wand is gone. Just can't believe they finally took the thing down. It's so beautiful now..

Anyway, glad that you all had a fun day. Thanks for sharing the report!

• Banned User

I don't remember getting invited to this meet Summer? I could have made it in the morning before leaving for work!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

We rounded the corner when Yoyo realized that Wonderpup had decided to make an appearance. Of all the places I must say this was the most surprising. Say Aimster, I thought you kept tabs on that pup of yours.
    LOL! That was just his evil twin. Sorry I split on you guys after the SSE photo. I had 1pm seating at Chefs de France for lunch so I couldn't stick around. Thought you guys would've called me later but I never heard a peep, so I went over to MGM for a few hours before heading back to EPCOT to stock up on Japanese candy.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I don't remember getting invited to this meet Summer? I could have made it in the morning before leaving for work!
    Awwww! I asked you Friday night if you were coming to the meet and you said you had to work. I didn't know you didn't know what time it was at.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I do believe I messaged you about it..

I'll have to put up some of my photos to this report when I get home as our group kept splitting up.

But it was a lot of fun seeing you all yesterday at the now wandless Ep-ity-cot!

• May the F=ma be with you

Sounds fantastically fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Afterwards we were approached by a lovely lady in Imagineering to ask us some survey questions regarding the show. We all kind of chuckled when she asked how many people were in our "immediate" party. I went, "14 of course!"
    She was a very sweet woman, even agreed to a photo.
    Amazing photos and a wonderful report as always Summer, but hold it right there...

I must represent Joy in this... Joy isn't in WDI... she's actually one of the nicest people in WDW Research I've ever encountered. Epcot is paying WDW Research to conduct surveys based on the Mobile Labs to see just how well Guests know about the Muppets, and the fact that the Labs are so interactive.

I explained to the MC group why the Labs are here instead of in the Studios... got some mixed reactions I must say. But after I said John Lasseter was working on it, well, that made everyone feel much better, and everyone seemed to be happy about the future. Of course, it's still much to early to say for sure how the surveys will go and what path our beloved Imagination Pavilion will take... but the more I think about it, the more I think Muppet Labs really do fit into Epcot. Even if they are just Mobile... for now.
    -Bill

• Still wants to be a cat!

Great meet up you had.....I hope at the October meet we get to meet some of those Floridians that joined you. Looks like a great bunch of Micechatters.

Thanks for the pics.....can hardly wait for our return to your Parks!
    Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
    it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

•   
    • Main Street VIPs

How nice to see MiceChatters getting together! Looks like you guys had a great time. Can't wait to attend a WDW MiceChat meet in October to see some of our FL friends.
    Rick

• Happy Memories

I'm so jealous that you all got to see the Muppet Lab! I had hoped I would get to see it last weekend. Oh well. Maybe it'll stay around until my next visit.

Can I come next time?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?

Blog Entries

great TR Summer! How exciting that so many people showed up!! Looks like a really fun day... the rain aside!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

• Yes?

My husband and I had a really good time meeting everyone. I thought it was a good time had by all! I have a few more pics to add to the fun!

Summer and Figmentzilla!!

As well as myself....

And I saw these lovely little Mickey flowers in a planter outside of HISTA.

In the big blue world....

Evilqueenrocks hubby and naumoney as we journey into imagination....

The Muppet Mobile Labs in action talking to our BigPigletFan, Bill and Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast