Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

8/24 Pirate & Princess party and 8/25 EPCOT & MGM

Wonderpup & I left Clearwater around 11am on Friday and made great time to Orlando. First up.... Downtown Disney for lunch at Earl of Sandwich and some shopping!

Wonderpup made some new friends...

Over on the West Side, we ran into the Dream Squad handing out dream ears! I was the last one to get a pair. About time I finally won something in this promotion!

Around 2:00 it started to POUR! I tried waiting it out in the shop at Ragland Road, but then decided to go back to the car and head to the hotel... Port Orleans French Quarter!

Found this little guy in the room made from a washcloth & some stickers. Cute!

After drying off and changing, it had finally stopped raining. My building was right by the bus stop, and the next bus to MK was there so we were on our way to the Pirate & Princess party!

I started raining again when we got to MK, but it wasn't too bad. Got a FastPass for Space Mountain. I brought my iPod and wanted to try my experiment with the original DL Dick Dale soundtrack. Had time to kill before my FP time of 5:30, so...... Carousel of Progress!

They left the house lights on the whole time and int he first scene when the sets on the side rotated, you could see back into the office/storage area! Bad show!

Time for Space Mountain.... but my iPod stuck! GAH! Oh well... will try again later in the night. Went for a spin on People Mover as that's tradition.

Teacups were a walk-on, so I did them twice in a row.... WHEEE!!

Decided to have dinner at Cosmic Rays as it was again POURING. I got a birthday button at City Hall, so I got a free dessert! Got a brownie.

TDLFAN called while I was eating and said he was on his way to the park. I told him to call when he got there and we'd find a place to meet up. In the meantime, I braved the rain and went on Pooh. I forgot how much that ride sucks! TDLFAN called again while I was in the Pooh store and said he wasn't going to stay due to the rain. We met up at Tomorrowland Terrace so I could get my TDR & Hong Kong DL goodies from him.

After we parted ways, I decided to get in line to get a photo with Jack Sparrow.

I really need to ask him for eyeliner tips. He has that smoky-eye look mastered!

Bill called while I was in line, so we met up after and went over to Pirates. Pirate Pluto & Pirate Goofy were out, so we got in line for photos...

Long live disco!

After Pirates, we met up with BigPigletFan and Jimmybop. The rain had let up a bit but still coming down enough you wanted an umbrella or poncho (we opted for the former... more fashionable). Got photos with Jasmine (even though I hate posing with the face characters.... except for Jack Sparrow ), then headed tot he hub to catch the fireworks. We ran into Cyre, then decided to go to Casey's to get out of the rain as the fireworks and parade were delayed.

Jimmybop & BPF waiting in the rain.

Most of my parade pics didn't come out but I did get a couple shots:

Then we waited for the fireworks.....

Stay tuned for part 2.... Fireworks!
    Last edited by aimster; 08-26-2007 at 12:36 PM.

• I was deleted.

Re: 8/24 Pirate & Princess party and 8/25 EPCOT & MGM

Hehe.. oh yea, we waited. That's an understatement! Great photos so far aimster. I can't wait to see the rest.

Awesome post! I was also at POFQ this week in Building 1 to the right of the main building. That storm on Friday was nuts!!! We didn't have a cloud the whole week and then all of a sudden, BOOM!!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

Love the photos. Can't wait for Part 2. How was Jack? Was he funny?

Great report so far, can't wait to see the rest. Too bad it rained on your parade though

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

*sings* Wonder Pup, Wonder Pup, does whatever a Wonder Pup does..

Great TR, sorry I couldn't join you aimster, it looks like you had a great time!

PART 2!

Bill entertained us with his ummmm.... dancing... while we waited.

The fireworks finally started (and it finally stopped raining too... yay!)

After the fireworks, Cyre and I split from the group to go ride Space Mountain (I wanted to give my experiment another try). On the way, we cut through the dance party going on at Cosmic Ray's. Mickey, Donald, Lilo & Stitch (in his Experiment 626 costume) were out dancing with the kiddies...

Got to Space Mountain and did my experiment.... it worked pretty good! WDW needs that soundtrack (or a slightly re-worked one). I love Dick Dale! After Space, we took a ride on the People Mover and hit Buzz before heading out. Hung out in Town Square watching people for awhile, then finally left around 12:20am-ish. I was back on the bus back to the hotel around 12:30, but didn't get to bed until around 1:30am as I started looking over my TDR & Hong Kong goodies... and I got sucked into that Japanese TV channel again!

Up next, day 2.... EPCOT!

Aimster, what kind of camera do you have? Those firework shots are incredible!

Quote Originally Posted by Nancywitt View Post
    Aimster, what kind of camera do you have? Those firework shots are incredible!
    I have Kodak EasyShare V603. It's just a little point & shoot camera.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I have Kodak EasyShare V603. It's just a little point & shoot camera.
    Ok, cool. I have a small digital camera (Canon PowerShot SD 700 IS) but never thought the fireworks photos would turn out. But now I am going to try and take some on my next trip. You have inspired me aimster.

Day 2 part 1... EPCOT!

Checked out the hotel and hopped on the bus to EPCOT.

Look that that.... wand free!

It's gone!

Got some breakfast at The Land (bacon, egg & cheese croissant... kinda greasy but yummy), then took a ride on Living With the Land.

From there it was next door to Imagination, but I didn't bother with the ride. I just browsed the shop, stared longingly at the stairs to the upper level and played in the Image Works a bit (wishing the one upstairs was open).

Was hoping for a photo with Figzilla, but the doors were locked.

At that point, I was in dire need of caffeine (I need at least 1-2 sodas a day or I get a MASSIVE headache), so it was off to Club Cool for my Kinsley and Mezzo Mix fix.

Beautiful!

HOORAY!

Off for a little browsing...

Ahhh memories...

Found a few new "vinatge" items since my last trip in May:

Then it was time for the meet. It was great seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones!

While the others went to Nemo, I split from the group as I had priority seating at Chefs de France for lunch. I had a little time to kill beforehand so I finally saw Impressions de France. The movie is a little dated, but I liked it... especially the scenes with the Eiffel Tower!

Lunch was good and very filling. I got the "French Menu"... French onion soup (thought I'd get like a cup... it was a big crock!), a toasted ham & cheese sandwich with a mixed green salad (loved the dressing) and vanilla creme brulee for dessert (OMG.... sooo good!). All that for $20-something after tax. Not too bad of a deal!

After I ate, I spotted Princess Aurora, so I stopped to take a photo as a friend of mine is a HUGE Sleeping Beauty fan.

Coming up next.... day 2, part 2... MGM!

Did you have a chance to go upstairs in the institue during the Kim Possible thing?
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

• She was sweet as a peach

Great trip report!! I can't wait to read the rest!
    It was really nice meeting you yesterday.

The French Menu is what we always get. It is a great deal and I agree that the creme brulee is wonderful.

I never noticed the Dreamfinder mobile in Mouse Gears before. I will have to look for it the next time I go.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe View Post
    Did you have a chance to go upstairs in the institue during the Kim Possible thing?
    No. That wasn't going on the times I've visited. I don't care for Kim Possible anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    No. That wasn't going on the times I've visited. I don't care for Kim Possible anyway.
    You don't. lol Why not? I am kidding. Beside I would rather have Duck Tales instead of Kim Possible upstairs if we couldn't get figement and dreamfinder.
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast