Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: ***RUMOR*** Changes coming to The Great Movie Ride ***RUMOR***

Since they putting an emphasis on Lucas films, how about take out the tarzan portion and put in luke and leia swinging across the open chasm in the death star... That would be cool
    Now THAT would rock.... or ANYTHING Star Wars would make me happy.

• Banned User

Replace Alien with a ROTJ scene? Vader and Luke going at it with the Emperor staring at us? Anyone?

While the ride could use some new scenes, why replace the Alien scene, one of everyone's favorites?

• "There's always my way"

damn, no more Alien, i liked that scene. Any word if they will update the movie played in the queue theatre? how about the finale?

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• "There's always my way"

yeah, the GMR is missing Star Wars stuff. They should add the throne room scene from return of the jedi

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• I'll Break your Thumbs!!

Personally I hated the Alien Scene... Ripley animatronic was horrible... And if you are in a bad part of the ride vehicle you will miss the alien coming out of the ceiling...

If they want to keep Alien, then replace the ripley animatronic with a new version... One that is on the same level as the Johnny Depp one in Pirates...

If they dont do that... then it has to go....

If they were to replace the Tarzan, I would like to make it where the rv goes through the scene so that Luke & leia fly right over the vehicle, so you get that 3-D feel. Have red laser beams coming from both sides...

That would be cool

•   
    • Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by TheManator View Post
    I would not trust a single word that comes from Lance (Screamscape), EVER.
    Well, you should trust me then. Because it is true. Though Disney doesn't have the rights to Lord of the Rings... yet.
    -Bill

Quote Originally Posted by Parisi View Post
    Personally I hated the Alien Scene... Ripley animatronic was horrible...
    My second least favorite animatronic figure after the horrible Ellen one...

I always find it annoying that the narration tells guests:

"You are with Sigourney Weaver..."

If we're supposed to feel like we're really in the movie, should you use her real name? I guess there's an issue with consistency in this attraction. For example, when with the original CM "driving" the vehicle, the figures are referred to by the actors' names. I mentioned the Alien scene and my issue there, the same principle applies to the Wizard of Oz scene. In this scene, we're not observing, such as with Casablanca or Singin in the Rain, we're interacting with the Wicked Witch and to a lesser degree, the munchkins. Now Margaret Hamilton's name (that's the WW's name, right?) is not mentioned in the attraction. We're interacting with the character. Not sure if this is making sense....oh well

I don't know, just seems like some inconsistencies there....truthfully, I never worked it out until I started writing just now about my gripe with the Alien scene, but now that I keep rambling, I think I have found the underlying issue I have with this attraction (even though it is one of my favorites).

Anyway...
    "When entering the theater, please move as far to the end of the row as possible. Stopping in the middle is distinctly unpatriotic." -Sam Eagle

"I may have invented these bifocals I'm wearing, but I can assure you they're not rose-colored" -Ben Franklin, The American Adventure

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Sabres2006, I understad what you are saying. The inconsistent third person aspect of the Great Movie Ride has always bothered me. If I am going on a trip "into the movies" then I should be entirely within the reality of the films.

• Disney Dreams

I remember the VERY first time I ever rode GMR, I was terrified of the Alien scene for some reason... of course, I was extremely young - and not so fond of aliens
    For me, the ride is great, but some parts are just "blah", and the sets themselves should be updated with better technology. Of course, if the purpose of the ride is to preserve the "old" movies, then the sets fit perfectly for the technology of the time - I can't really pinpoint any one scene that should be removed, but they could all use a little technology.

• She was sweet as a peach

Actually the Fantasia part never did anything for me. I loved Aliens and Tarzan.

Not sure the narrative ever really flip flops....

As you ride through each movie "era" they always talk about the actor who made that era famous. Gene Kelly in Singing in the Rain... Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins... James Cagney in the mob movie section.... Sigourney Weaver in Aliens. Clint Eastwood and John Wayne for the western.

As far as I can remember, I think the Wizard of Oz scene might be the only one where they dont use the actress or actor names and go with the character names.

Honestly, my favorite part of the entire ride is the movie at the end. I always love to see my favorite clips from movies through out history...

• Living the Dream.

Watch, They'll add a Pirates of the Caribbean Scene with Jack Sparrow.. LOL

Celebrate Churros
    Only at Disney Parks..

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    Well, you should trust me then. Because it is true. Though Disney doesn't have the rights to Lord of the Rings... yet.
    I doubt Disney would put a ton of effort to get rights to use LOTR ONLY for a small section of GMR. They'd better have BIG plans for it if they get the rights!!!!

Honestly, of all of the movie franchises I've seen, I don't know how any theme park company could do a LOTR attraction well and do it justice to the books/movies, they're just so massive in scale

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisFL View Post
    I doubt Disney would put a ton of effort to get rights to use LOTR ONLY for a small section of GMR. They'd better have BIG plans for it if they get the rights!!!!

Honestly, of all of the movie franchises I've seen, I don't know how any theme park company could do a LOTR attraction well and do it justice to the books/movies, they're just so massive in scale
    The closest I ever saw to a LOTR Themed area was at IOA in FL... Just because they had all the huge greek mythological statues and whatnot... but now they are going to retheme that to Harry Potter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast