Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Has Test Track slowed down?

Other than the thrill element, Test Track is very disappointing. I thought World of Motion was better to be honest.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by GhostHost2 View Post
    Go to Cedar Point and ride Top Thrill Dragster, that ride goes 120 MPH, and Six Flags Great Adventure has Kingda Ka which runs at 128 mph.
    I go faster then that in my own car on every lap around the track.. I know speed The point was 'only' 60mph is still very fast when you put things into proper perspective. Plus to put it in Disney-fan speak.. its nearly 2x as fast as most of Disneys coasters.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• I was deleted.

Originally Test Track was going to go faster that 60 MPH, but since you are "testing" a vehicle for safety of the road and the average speed limit is 60 MPH that is why it goes that speed. Yes, I would agree it would be fun to go faster, but what would that teach the kids who ride it - that it's okay to speed.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Helping build Tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Yes, I would agree it would be fun to go faster, but what would that teach the kids who ride it - that it's okay to speed.
    You know, unless your in Texas.
    -Monorail Man

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man View Post
    I think that's why I said average.

Well at least I am not the only one that thinks Test Track has a horrible show element.

Well most WDW rides have really good show elements to make up for whatever statistics and extreme thrills other parks have, but Test Track's show elements are really bad, so they don't make up for only going 65 miles per hour in a circle.

ITA! Test Track is a bore, IMO. Maybe because I had a convertable, so going 60 mph in a convertable is no big deal to me? I know it's on a banked turn but I still just don't find it that thrilling to be honest.

Beyond that, the show building it too bright so you can see where you are going to go (spin out while breaking, not spin out, etc.) so the element of suprise is not there. And being someone who drives everyday, a simulated accident makes me feel uneasy- it's not thrilling. Maybe for kids who can't drive yet it's thrilling.
    Last edited by Nom; 08-31-2007 at 04:35 AM. Reason: to add more about the show building

• "There's always my way"

they need to update this ride soon with something new that will have that old "World of Motion" concept or something. This ride is starting to show age.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Originally Test Track was going to go faster that 60 MPH, but since you are "testing" a vehicle for safety of the road and the average speed limit is 60 MPH that is why it goes that speed. Yes, I would agree it would be fun to go faster, but what would that teach the kids who ride it - that it's okay to speed.
    Personally, I think one of those ride vehicles will sooner or later jump the track at that banking curve and TT as we know it will come to a sad end. I just do not think this ride is all that safe. Have never felt safe riding it.

There is the story that it would've originally had higher banking and higher speeds, but safety concerns over cars e-stopping in the bank limited it. I don't know if it's true, but IMO it's plausible.

Also, if you could see how much undercarriage there is, it'd seem disappointingly safe.

• white and nerdy

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Personally, I think one of those ride vehicles will sooner or later jump the track at that banking curve and TT as we know it will come to a sad end. I just do not think this ride is all that safe. Have never felt safe riding it.
    heh... seems like a successful thrill ride then. If you believe the element of danger than it is doing what it should.
    St. Elizabeth, Patron Saint of Themed parks. Protect us from break downs, long lines, and used gum. Amen.

"Dance like it hurts, love like you need money, and work when people are watching" - Dogbert

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And what basis do you have for thinking that will happen?

Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

It wasn't built by Intamin, so I feel entirely safe riding it.

• We'll hold them at bay

TT is one of my favorites. Much better than World of Motion. Epcot back then had to many of the same rides.
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

First off, hitting about 70mph on curves with more of a bank than Nascar has is very impressive to me. I mean come on, that's cool! Disney may not have the fastes rides around, but they have the best. The best does not mean what is bigger and faster, the best means everything about the ride, not just the ride, all aspects of it. Atmosphere, scenery, set up, guide, rid itself, etc. No where else in the world can you go on a ride like Test Track, so be grateful!
    "Thousand Circles 'Round The Sun"

Go to Cedar Point and ride Top Thrill Dragster, that ride goes 120 MPH, and Six Flags Great Adventure has Kingda Ka which runs at 128 mph.
    Top Thrill aint so great, waiting 2+ hours for a 17 second ride that breaks down more than 7 times a day, yeah, sounds fun and safe! Much better than anything Disney has.
    "Thousand Circles 'Round The Sun"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast