Thrill Ride Marathon - how to do 8 or more WDW rides in one day...?

Hi

I'm going to Walt Disney World for a few days from September 17th, and I'd like to try and do a "thrill ride marathon" where we do each of the major WDW thrill rides in turn one after another until the parks close.

Can anyone recommend the best route to ride each of these in turn? Which park should we start at, and which should we end at?

Key question: how long does everyone think this will take? Is it possible to achieve this in one day?

Rides:

Space Mountain
    Big Thunder Mountain
    Test Track
    Mission Space
    Soarin'
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Rock'n'Roller Coaster (think this is closed for rehab)
    Expedition Everest
    Dinosaur

Thanks for your advice

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Re: Thrill Ride Marathon - how to do 8 or more WDW rides in one day...?

I think its possible sure, if that's all your doing. Here is what I would do:

Start at AK:

Do Everest.
    Do Dinosaur.

Go to MGM:

Do ToT.
    Ride Single Rider Line for RnRC.

Go to Epcot:

Get FP for Soarin.
    Ride Test Track (Single rider)
    Ride Mission: Space

Go to MK:

Get FP for Space (if there are any left)
    Ride BTM
    Ride Space (or use FP)

The only hang up I see with this plan would be Soarin, the FP's go quite fast and it tends to sell out before noon.

Other wise, the morning stuff should get knocked out right away.

• "There's always my way"

very possible. You need to get to the park early. Suggest you be there by 8-8:30am and start with magic kingdom. You could get the 3 mountains down in about 1hr. If you want, head to Epcot and take advantage of the small lines for Soarin' and Mission Space (fastpass comes in handy here). Animal Kingdom would be the next best idea. Get a fastpass for Dinosaur and make either the single riders line or regular queue for that. Finish off at MGM Studios to get Tower of Terror and Rock n Rollercoaster (take advantage of single riders line). Tower of Terror line moves fast but you could always use a Fastpass. This is possible to do on one day and still have time to do more stuff.

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

• Little Miss Sunshine

I don't really think of all those as thrill rides - but even if you had to wait an hour for everything, it's easily doable in a day.

There are a few things you'll want to check before you start. #1 - the early entry park, if any. #2 - the late night park, if any. And #3 - is there a Halloween Party (which would close the MK early) on the day you plan to do it.

You aren't going at a very busy time. I'd do it on a weekday, if possible, as well.

I once (with friends) did an attraction or two in 8 parks on one day a number of years ago (Both Universal parks, all Disney parks, Busch Gardens and Sea World). So just the 4 parks in one day, piece of cake!
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

• Circle of Ancients

Don't forget the spinning coaster at AK.

And does this include both tracks of coasters? Space Mtn and Primevil Whirl have 2 tracks.

Actually, I'd do it a little different.

Do it on a MK EMH morning.

Go to MK first. Get a FP for Space Mtn, ride one side in stand-by line.

Go ride Big Thunder. As a bonus, I'd try to sneak a ride on Barnstormer after Space Mtn.

Take Monorail to Epcot (it should just be opening at this point), get FP for Soarin. Test Track (Single Rider). Mission: Space. Use Soarin FP.

Take boat to MGM. Ride ToT and do Single Rider on RnRC. Also, if Soarin' is a thrill ride, wouldn't Star Tours be one too?

Take bus to AK. Get FP for Primevil Whirl. Ride Single Rider for Everest. Ride Primevil Whirl, get another FP for side B. Ride Dinosaur. Ride other side of Primevil Whirl. (The reason I say to FP Primevil Whirl is due to it's low capacity)

Take bus back to MK and ride other side of Space mtn.

Of course, if you have a car, it might even be easier than all that. I'd park at Epcot, take the monorail to MK ride the MK rides, then back to Epcot to ride those. Then drive to MGM and AK then drive back to MK for the last Space Mtn ride.

You also could swap MGM and AK, which might make sense.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by nbodyhome View Post
    I once (with friends) did an attraction or two in 8 parks on one day a number of years ago (Both Universal parks, all Disney parks, Busch Gardens and Sea World). So just the 4 parks in one day, piece of cake!
    Holy Frito Lay Batman! That's a lot of parks! The logicistics in my head is mind boggling. They runners or something? LOL

• She was sweet as a peach

Wasn't there a trip report about that somewhere? I remember reading about it!

• One big touch screen.....

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    Holy Frito Lay Batman! That's a lot of parks! The logicistics in my head is mind boggling. They runners or something? LOL
    I think my head just exploded.

I think I remember reading about that when it happened. The tough one must have been Busch Gardens, but I guess if that's the first or last park it wouldn't be that difficult.

I would go to MGM on an early entry day to start it off. Dinosaur and Big Thunder aren't open during early entry. You can get to MGM, hit RNR and then TOT right off the bat. Then, drive over to AK and you should still be there by 9 AM. Head straight to Everest and then Dinosaur. Then drive over to EPCOT, go in the park and get fastpasses for Soarin', then exit and taking the monorail to MK. Get fastpasses for Space Mountain and then go do Thunder Mountain. Once your fastpass return time has arrived, then go on Space Mountain. Then take the monorail back to EPCOT, get fastpasses for Mission: Space, use your fastpasses you got earlier for Soarin', then do single rider for Test Track, and then finish up with Mission: Space.

Then go to the Rose & Crown and have a half yard of Bass to celebrate!

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post
    This was quite some time ago! Around 2000 or so, I don't know if I ever put up any sort of report anywhere.

It was SO much fun though! We drove from Orlando, first hit BGT. Did one or two coasters, then headed back - did one or two attractions at every park (mostly coasters, as I recall).

So 4 parks on Disney property, just 2 attractions each? Easy-peasy, just know your park hours and start from there. If the MK closes at 6pm for a Halloween party, then go there earlier. Or you can buy a ticket for the Halloween party, and you have it made.
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

• World Traveler

You might also want to think about using a taxi to get from park to park, which will be MUCH quicker than using the WDW transportation (buses) system.

Thanks for this advice - looking forward to it!

Anyone have estimates as to how long this will all take?

• Little Miss Sunshine

Quote Originally Posted by horseradish View Post
    Thanks for this advice - looking forward to it!

Anyone have estimates as to how long this will all take?
    I would just say, all day. It depends on lines (which shouldn't be too bad), and you have travel time as well. I wouldn't end up taking a cab myself, I'd walk between Epcot/MGM and monorail between MK/Epcot. Then a bus to AK. (whichever order you do it in). It really shouldn't be a big deal, just a couple of attractions in each park during a slow time of year. Even if you waited an hour for each (you won't), that is only 8 hours and travel time. Start at 8am, you should be done by 7ish with walking/bus, etc. Or earlier, with short lines (which I expect you will have for many attractions, especially if it's a weekday). Even in June, when it was busy, we could often get on TOT in 20 or so minutes.

What day do you plan to go?
    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.