Grocery store access from WDW resort

HI! I Am taking my first trip in 20 years to WDW this fall. We will be there for a week and dont plan on leaving the resort so we are not renting a car. Is there any way to get to a grocery store? Bus? Taxi? We will want to stock up on snacks (and maybee some cocktail mixings ) I remember reading that there are some stores in the resort, but do they charge "disney" prices? Any help would be appreciated (should I rent a car?) Thank you!!!

• I was deleted.

Well I know there is a little grocery that does have "Disney" prices and isn't open that late either. We went there in 2003. It was off by the non-disney hotels over by DD. I know the kids that have already been on the college program would know the details. I will ask jimmybop to reply.

When are you going?

• Minion

Re: Grocery store access from WDW resort

I was there for my first trip ever at the end of last month. We didn't rent a car either, as we planned to rely on Magical Express and the Disney shuttle buses (worked out swimmingly, by the way) but ended up needing some groceries, too. We caught a taxi from Epcot and just asked the driver, "Is there a grocery store near here?" He took us to a Winn-Dixie stuff there was very cheap. This was at about 11 PM. It was located over near Downtown Disney, and there were a lot of restaurants, a few hotels and other "civilization" in the area. It was near one of the great big adorned archway entrances to the Walt Disney World property. We passed a Walgreen's along the way, which might have also suited our needs. Sorry I can't tell you more about the location -- definitely didn't get to know my way around well enough while there. But I can tell you that the fare was about $15 to go from Epcot to the store, and then back to Downtown Disney (caught a Disney bus back to our Coronado Springs hotel from there to save money ).
    My finger points.

• Senior Minion

Of course, this is a car trip, but there's a Publix supermarket in Kissimee (sp) about 15 minutes outside the park on 192 East; it's roughly across from where the Marriott Residence is. It usually works well for us.

I don't think you'll find anything but Disney prices on or near property. There might be something right outside the Downtown District, but by the time you make it that far...

You could also mail yourself a package of snacks to arrive at the hotel a day or so before you do. Albertson's delivers for a fee, but their prices are a little high.

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

A wal-mart just opened up... I believe right on 535 (just a few miles from the Downtown Disney Resorts)...

The store BPF was refering to is Goodings... Check out All Ears for more shopping info:
    http://allearsnet.com/btp/grocery.htm
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

Wal-Mart is evil. Stay far away from them and you and our country's workers will be the better for it.

Publix is the best grocery chain in Central Florida. The closest one is about 1.5 miles from the Downtown Disney main entrance (Hotel Plaza Blvd.) of WDW. It's behind the Orlando Premium Outlets, just off SR 535.
    A taxi would be your best bet and shouldn't cost much at all.

Thank you all for your advice!

• Minion

Depending on where you are staying, the stores on-site are typical prices compared to other hotel gift/snack stores. Most of the resorts have grocery ordering available. Call up the resort you're staying at and find out if they offer this service. They can fax or mail you a list of available grocery selections and have it delivered to your room - kind of like what the supermarkets have now for home delivery. It really depends on what resort you are at.